Media Control

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Modern media is filled with images of violence. Social critics have suggested that modern age investments in consumerism culture related jurisprudence-colloquialization gives rise to the street justice fantasy American comic book which unfortunately parallels and even influences the glorification of vigilantism and general violence in the movies.

When the everyday citizen rents a violence-inspection Hollywood (USA) movie such as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974) or "Hellraiser" (1987), he/she may feel psychologically intrigued (perhaps dangerously) by crime or violence in society.

Understanding how media images are affecting today's youth and if such images are catalyzing crime and violence is a major concern of the modern age. Parental controls on TV boxes are an important development, but legal procedures regarding such claims involve rather unsatisfyingly vague talk about 'temporary insanity.'

This autumn, American audiences will tune into the Batman (DC Comics) street justice fantasy comic book adapted television series "Gotham" (Fox TV) which will present stories about society crime-masters such as Poison Ivy (a shrewd and dangerous eco-terrorist) rising ominously to social power.

"Gotham" (Fox TV) should encourage continued criminal psychology talk about legal procedures in handling claims about 'media-delivered violence propaganda,' especially since it is being lauded by critics as a high-quality psychological drama series.

:eusa_think:

List of fictional psychiatrists - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

doctor-strange.jpg

Media control...I find it odd, after that first "journalist" was beheaded in Iraq by ISIL terrorist, the furor in Ferguson Mo. STOPPED. I think the media attention fed into the riots. Then when one of their "own" was murdered, that shifted attention to Iraq. I am not buying this crap anymore. I will not be led by the nose here. Screw the media.

Forum List

Back