Media bias

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
I have always thought it was funny how liberals often think that the media, in general, give Bush a pass on most things and conservatives (myself included) often think that the media, in general, attack Bush/Republicans/conservatives on most things. Of course, I happen to think my side is right and that they are crazy, but I also feel that the evidence is there. I'm not saying that they always attack Bush or that there are no conservative media outlets because I know that's not the case. I just think that more people still get news from mainly liberal sources (ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, LAT, NPR, etc).

tim_duncan2000 said:
I have always thought it was funny how liberals often think that the media, in general, give Bush a pass on most things and conservatives (myself included) often think that the media, in general, attack Bush/Republicans/conservatives on most things. Of course, I happen to think my side is right and that they are crazy, but I also feel that the evidence is there. I'm not saying that they always attack Bush or that there are no conservative media outlets because I know that's not the case. I just think that more people still get news from mainly liberal sources (ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, LAT, NPR, etc).

The blogosphere, Fox News, and talk radio are faint voices in the dense (in more ways than one) wilderness. And yet, Americans - starving for some semblance of balance in political discourse - have made conservative outlets wildly successful. After a generation of practical liberal monopoly, this was needed.

If you are looking for an example of how the media (including Fox) is NOT giving a pass to Bush...check out Fox's coverage of the lastest scandal, the coached military press conference, they are not taking Bush's side in any way, shape, or form.

Forum List

Back