McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

Customers can fully avoid interacting with any humans during their order and pickup

McDonald’s opened its first automated restaurant, with machines handling everything from taking orders to delivering the food – and dividing opinions everywhere.

"When you step inside the test restaurant concept, you'll notice it's considerably smaller than a traditional McDonald's restaurant in the U.S.," McDonald’s said in a statement. "Why? The features—inside and outside—are geared toward customers who are planning to dine at home or on the go."

The Fort Worth, Texas, location uses technology to minimize human interaction when ordering and picking up food. The restaurant features an "Order Ahead Lane" where customers can receive orders by conveyor belt, Newsweek reported.

The initiative is part of McDonald’s "Accelerating the Arches" plan, which works to grow and innovate the customer experience, but not everyone is pleased with the direction the restaurant chain has chosen.

Oh well. Actions have consequences. We all said it would happen with $15/hr LiVaBlE wAgE and shitty workers.

You seem to not understand that either McDonalds pay employees to work or the taxpayers pay them not to work.

McDonalds doesn't care. At least they're not paying for the useless labor of snot-nosed, entitlement-minded high school rejects who can't make change.

I never said that McDonalds cared. Also, no one has to make change today so your insult is really saying more about yourself.

Customers can fully avoid interacting with any humans during their order and pickup

McDonald’s opened its first automated restaurant, with machines handling everything from taking orders to delivering the food – and dividing opinions everywhere.

"When you step inside the test restaurant concept, you'll notice it's considerably smaller than a traditional McDonald's restaurant in the U.S.," McDonald’s said in a statement. "Why? The features—inside and outside—are geared toward customers who are planning to dine at home or on the go."

The Fort Worth, Texas, location uses technology to minimize human interaction when ordering and picking up food. The restaurant features an "Order Ahead Lane" where customers can receive order by conveyor belt, Newsweek reported.The initiative is part of McDonald’s "Accelerating the Arches" plan, which works to grow and innovate the customer experience, but not everyone is pleased with the direction the restaurant chain has chosen.

Oh well. Actions have consequences. We all said it would happen with $15/hr LiVaBlE wAgE and shitty workers.

Interesting. A walk in vending machine.

I wonder where people will get the money to buy anything without a job?

I wonder how many other businesses will now lose money, because no vending machines are walking through the doors to buy anything?

Maybe they will make a television show where we can watch automated vending machines, buy stuff from other automated vending machines.

I mean, those that will have any resources to buy a television to watch.

Hey, maybe we can get rid of all of the jobs making televisions, and there will be a show about automated machines making televisions, so other automated vending machines can watch television shows about automated vending machines making televisions.

I wonder how many other businesses will now lose money, because no vending machines are walking through the doors to buy anything?

Maybe they will make a television show where we can watch automated vending machines, buy stuff from other automated vending machines.

Hey, maybe we can get rid of all of the jobs making televisions, and there will be a show about automated machines making televisions, so other automated vending machines can watch television shows about automated vending machines making televisions.

We long ago got rid of all the jobs making televisions.

IF this gets me my order quicker and more accurately, I’m all for it.

Of all the fast food chains I’ve dealt with in my life, McDonalds has the absolute worst record for speedy, accurate service. BK, Wendy’s, Five Guys, Chik-Fil-A, D’Angelos, Subway, etc… have all performed far better than the Clown’s Kingdom.

It was even more obvious in the three months I worked at a McDonalds back in the mid-90’s.

It is called progress. How many blacksmiths do you see around your town today? How many telephone operators have you talked to lately?

ranteed wages will be deemed as progress also.

There you go defending the people who work for a living again. Be careful, this is a billionaire class leaning country now. Just think of all the progress it took to destroy the middleclass, in favor of wealthy elite, and corporate tax cuts, to transfer $90 trillion in wealth in the last 40 years.

Just think of the progress that will be made once we end Social Security and Medicare, and return to the good old days of 1929.

You know, how things oughtta be.

I hope the unions are finally happy. Their members are no longer being abused and subject to unfair conditions by Mickey D's- at least at this location.
Getting rid of unions has been in the works for a long time. Once they're all gone, workers can really take it on the chin.

Fast food service is going the way of agricultural jobs. They are becoming mechanized. The scab is being torn off the myth of the need for low skilled labor. Mass deportations will have to happen or let these vertebrates die in the streets.

There is an amusing aspect to this. We told them that the demand for higher wages would result in replacement by machines.
Become a vending machine repairman.

Forum List

Back