McDermott omits 'God' from Pledge

You know I love it. People bitch and complain about the pledge, yet they have no problem with our children being forced to learn spanish. Well I for one do ! My children WILL NEVER learn a language unless it is by my or their choosing when they are old enough to make that choice.

Originally posted by eric
You know I love it. People bitch and complain about the pledge, yet they have no problem with our children being forced to learn spanish. Well I for one do ! My children WILL NEVER learn a language unless it is by my or their choosing when they are old enough to make that choice.
I agree. I will NEVER let my son learn spanish. I refuse to read documents which have both languages and I chose my bank specifically because their atm's don't have it on them. I will never go to Miami or california on vacation.

They are also welcome to try to get the pledge changed or removed

Of course they are. Lets us load our courts with more bullshit lawsuits and cost us taxpayers more money for no reason. With all the problems in the world today, how important is this issue really ?

I guess for people that have no life the answer would be very, I for one can't be bothered by petty nonsense.

Originally posted by eric
Of course they are. Lets us load our courts with more bullshit lawsuits and cost us taxpayers more money for no reason. With all the problems in the world today, how important is this issue really ?

I guess for people that have no life the answer would be very, I for one can't be bothered by petty nonsense.

They could call upon their representative to get in changed. Issue importance is relative. Perhaps you would wish to waste time public time and money attempting to change "Roe v. Wade". Some would consider it an insignificant issue when there are so many more important issues. I wonder what you would think if pressured to recite a pledge with "and we all pray to Satan" in it. Oh well. To each his own.

Originally posted by Moi
I see nothing wrong with him remaining silent rather than utter those words. Isn't it the entire argument of many that by requiring the pledge of allegience we aren't necessarily forcing the religious aspect because the speaker doesn't have to say those words? Isn't the issue of prayer in public schools also that those who don't believe in them can just stay silent?

He chose silence on those two words but he still pledged allegience...I think that's the more important part of the pledge.

You may fire those salvos at me now for I'm sure that mine is an unpopular opinion.

That would be fine IMO if he weren't leading the Pledge. He can believe what he wants and be silent as much as he wants, hopefully some bad mojo or a lil sumpin sumpin will come back to this absolute POS and he will be silent forever.:) IMHO his allegience he pledged was not for the principles this great country was founded upon.As far as i'm concerned, piss on the asshole and anyone who votes for his unpatriotic ass. BTW can't they just skip losers like this and let the REAL men or women (if there are any) lead the Pledge Of Allegience???:eek:

I agree! He can leave it out, just don't lead it.
Bottom line, I don't care if "Under God" was added later or not, it's our pledge, if you don't say it right, don't lead it!! I see him, not as making a choice not to say it because for some reason it offends him, I see him being a smartass! He was making some kind of political stand and that just made him look like a moron to alot of people!
As for saying "and we all pray to Satan", that's ridiculous. People don't want to say "Under God" because they don't believe in God. Very sad. But to the people that do believe in God, they believe Satan also exists. They know what he represents. He represents Evil. That would be offensive. If you don't believe in God, what's offensive? Seriously, I'm curious.

Forum List

Back