McChord AFB Air Expo Pics

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Took the wife, kids and father-in-law to the Air Expo at McChord Air Force Base yesterday - here are a few of the pics I snapped:

expo1.jpg

expo2.jpg

expo3.jpg

expo4.jpg

expo5.jpg

expo6.jpg

expo7.jpg

expo8.jpg

:usa: :salute: Those are wonderful! I love the air and water show on the lake front.

Ya gotta know this old Air Force veteran loves those pics!!! ... :rock: :beer:

I used to work on those very jets. When I got to Nellis AFB, the Thunderbirds were still flying the T-38's. Then they had that accident during a practice where they flew four of them into the desert floor following the leader. After that, they stopped flying the T-38's. The Thunderbirds came to each one of the three 474th Tactical Fighter Wing AMU's, (Aircraft Maintenance Unit), that had F-16's, and took two jets from each. Problem was, the Thunderbirds didn't have any personal trained on F-16's. So to support them, every time one of the Thunderbird jets would have an MFL, we'd have to go fix them until they got people trained. Not only that, I worked on the jets they took from my AMU plenty long before they took them.

Nice to see the old birds.

-=d=- said:
what kind of lame-area do you live in? That huge volcano blocks the view!

:D

LOL, I was trying to figure which were more dramatic, Mountains or the Lake? The mountains, hands down for the flying, but we do get the water show too!

Okay - well here's more then..:p

Inside the Cockpit of a C-17 (No, I don't know whose the folks in the seats are as my stepdad took this pic using my camera)
expo9.jpg

expo10.jpg

expo11.jpg

Inside one of the bomb bays on a B1 bomber - each bay holds 8, 2000lb bombs and can drop all 8 within 3 seconds.
expo12.jpg

The Cockpit area of the B1 Bomber - this is as close as they'd let us.
expo13.jpg

expo14.jpg

Forum List

Back