McCains Concession Speech

Pure class.

:clap2:

It looks like Big John truly does put country first. That was an amazing speech.

-Joe

THAT IS THE SAME WOOS AS IN P. O. W. Camp... Flap jacks & Pork Chops!
Eggs Benedict Cold Beer. Wheat Toast & Orange Juice.:mad:

I am glad that when all was said and done, he reverted to his old self and respectfully conceded. That is the John McCain I admired in 2000, and I'm glad to see he's finally back.

McCain was a class act last night. There's rumor that Obama will create a special position for him in the White House to fight pork barrel spending. I think that's wonderful. I wonder if Obama will offer a position to Hillary...

McCain was a class act last night. There's rumor that Obama will create a special position for him in the White House to fight pork barrel spending. I think that's wonderful. I wonder if Obama will offer a position to Hillary...

McCain was a class act last night. And if he had been that person throughout the campaign, we might be seeing a different result. I hope he does take an active role in helping to shape policy. I doubt he would, though, and I suspect he'd prefer to stay in the senate where he does not serve at the pleasure of the president.

As for Hillary, in case anyone failed to notice, the clinton's were resoundingly ignored last night.

McCain was a class act last night. And if he had been that person throughout the campaign, we might be seeing a different result. I hope he does take an active role in helping to shape policy. I doubt he would, though, and I suspect he'd prefer to stay in the senate where he does not serve at the pleasure of the president.

As for Hillary, in case anyone failed to notice, the clinton's were resoundingly ignored last night.

I didn't want to say anything positive about McCain until the election was done, but he is a great man. I'm sad for him that he wasn't the GOP nominee in 2000. The GOP made John McCain become something he isn't.

He was against torture, until the GOP made him flip flop.

He was against the Bush tax breaks, until.

He was certainly the best of the bunch as far as the GOP goes.

Unfortunately, each side was hoping he was lying to the other side. We hoped he was really the john mccain from 2000 and the conservatives were hoping he was now pro life and pro top 1%.

Anyways, a great American.

The clintons were ignored because Hillary was probably throwing chairs out her window lastnight.

You know that Hillary was not happy with the Obama victory

I didn't want to say anything positive about McCain until the election was done, but he is a great man. I'm sad for him that he wasn't the GOP nominee in 2000. The GOP made John McCain become something he isn't.

He was against torture, until the GOP made him flip flop.

He was against the Bush tax breaks, until.

He was certainly the best of the bunch as far as the GOP goes.

Unfortunately, each side was hoping he was lying to the other side. We hoped he was really the john mccain from 2000 and the conservatives were hoping he was now pro life and pro top 1%.

Anyways, a great American.

YES!

It was like Karl Rove replaced the REAL McCain, a man most Americans admired, with the NEO-CON-POD-O-Mcain.

Throw in that nitwit Palin, and what did they expect?

Our respect?

The clintons were ignored because Hillary was probably throwing chairs out her window lastnight.

You know that Hillary was not happy with the Obama victory

Yes she is. She's over not winning. She'll be a Supreme Court Justice. That's bigger than President in some ways. It's a lifetime appointment.

I don't post very often anymore, but it is only proper to give McCain his due.

That was the perfect concession speech.

Nicely done sir.

i Didn't Want To Say Anything Positive About Mccain Until The Election Was Done, But He Is A Great Man. I'm Sad For Him That He Wasn't The Gop Nominee In 2000. The Gop Made John Mccain Become Something He Isn't.

He Was Against Torture, Until The Gop Made Him Flip Flop.

He Was Against The Bush Tax Breaks, Until.

He Was Certainly The Best Of The Bunch As Far As The Gop Goes.

Unfortunately, Each Side Was Hoping He Was Lying To The Other Side. We Hoped He Was Really The John Mccain From 2000 And The Conservatives Were Hoping He Was Now Pro Life And Pro Top 1%.

Anyways, A Great American.
He's Never Flip Flopped On Totrue, So Knock It Off

He's Never Flip Flopped On Totrue, So Knock It Off

"The field manual, a public document written for military use, is not always directly translatable to use by intelligence officers," McCain explained in February, reiterating his position from 2005. He added that the CIA should be allowed to use "alternative interrogation techniques," that are not otherwise outlawed as unduly coercive, cruel, inhumane or degrading. McCain has not publicly described the techniques that he believes fall into that category.
Some human rights observers say McCain's latest position is best explained as a symptom of exhaustion at fighting an Administration that has continuously resisted efforts to clearly outlaw practices like waterboarding. "I don't believe John McCain is comfortable with the current CIA program," said Tom Malinowski, the advocacy director for Human Rights Watch, who has worked closely with McCain and his staff on these issues. "I think McCain just reached a point where he didn't want any more confrontations with the White House. He wanted to win the White House."

Has McCain Flip-Flopped on Torture? - TIME

Technicalities. Comprimizing his principles to win the White House.

I love how you guys said McCain never flip flopped because technically, that was 2 months ago or 2 days ago and the situation is different now. Well it's nice you see how that works when it is your side flip flopping.

I just can't wait to find out if you are dumb, racist or rich.

"the Field Manual, A Public Document Written For Military Use, Is Not Always Directly Translatable To Use By Intelligence Officers," Mccain Explained In February, Reiterating His Position From 2005. He Added That The Cia Should Be Allowed To Use "alternative Interrogation Techniques," That Are Not Otherwise Outlawed As Unduly Coercive, Cruel, Inhumane Or Degrading. Mccain Has Not Publicly Described The Techniques That He Believes Fall Into That Category.
Some Human Rights Observers Say Mccain's Latest Position Is Best Explained As A Symptom Of Exhaustion At Fighting An Administration That Has Continuously Resisted Efforts To Clearly Outlaw Practices Like Waterboarding. "i Don't Believe John Mccain Is Comfortable With The Current Cia Program," Said Tom Malinowski, The Advocacy Director For Human Rights Watch, Who Has Worked Closely With Mccain And His Staff On These Issues. "i Think Mccain Just Reached A Point Where He Didn't Want Any More Confrontations With The White House. He Wanted To Win The White House."

has Mccain Flip-flopped On Torture? - Time

Technicalities. Comprimizing His Principles To Win The White House.

I Love How You Guys Said Mccain Never Flip Flopped Because Technically, That Was 2 Months Ago Or 2 Days Ago And The Situation Is Different Now. Well It's Nice You See How That Works When It Is Your Side Flip Flopping.

I Just Can't Wait To Find Out If You Are Dumb, Racist Or Rich.
despite The Claims Of Some Partisans, Mccain's Decision Was Not A Flip-flop, But Rather The Continuation Of A Position He Took In 2005 When He First Championed A Bill To Restrict The Bush Administration's Ability To Mistreat Detainees.

In The Same Article, Look I'm Not You, I Read, The Times Found He Didn't Change His Postion, Just Stop

Forum List

Back