McCain steps up in maverick style

Just another diversionary tactic to confuse the voters. It has to be amazing to anyone that this is the best the republicans could do, but given their base, Romney was out. Anyone who thinks the republican party has not become a sort of religious sect with two gods, one greed and the other far right Christianity needs to open their eyes. Last in his class and a near college funk out - WOW!

What's the Difference Between Palin and Muslim Fundamentalists? Lipstick | CommonDreams.org

"John McCain announced that he was running for president to confront the "transcendent challenge" of the 21st century, "radical Islamic extremism," contrasting it with "stability, tolerance and democracy." But the values of his handpicked running mate, Sarah Palin, more resemble those of Muslim fundamentalists than they do those of the Founding Fathers. On censorship, the teaching of creationism in schools, reproductive rights, attributing government policy to God's will and climate change, Palin agrees with Hamas and Saudi Arabia rather than supporting tolerance and democratic precepts. What is the difference between Palin and a Muslim fundamentalist? Lipstick."

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

What's Obama doing on the verge of an economic disaster? Whining about the debate Friday.

Stoner,

You really think it is a sign of McCain's patriotism and strength of character not to debate the economic future of America, given what this nation is now facing?!

Now is exactly the time America needs to hear what both candidates are thinking about this unprecedented move by our government.

If McCain refuses to tell us what his thoughts are on this issue, now, he is truly not the man to sit in the Oval Office.

Stoner,

You really think it is a sign of McCain's patriotism and strength of character not to debate the economic future of America, given what this nation is now facing?!

Now is exactly the time America needs to hear what both candidates are thinking about this unprecedented move by our government.

If McCain refuses to tell us what his thoughts are on this issue, now, he is truly not the man to sit in the Oval Office.

Too bad Friday's debate is scheduled to be on Foreign Policy, not the economy. :eusa_whistle:

He may have been a hero as a POW.

As a candidate dropping in the polls, he is a piece of coward pie crap.

Obama's Mama Was Trash

Ninja's mother kept the afterbirth and threw out the baby.:D

Exactly, and McCain wussed out on it. I can imagine his panic when the debate on the economy is scheduled. I wonder what excuse he'll find for that one.

I don't see it as that. I see it as McCain being Presidential and facing a crisis that this country is facing. As for Palin suspending her campaign, who the fuck knows on that. At this junction, nothing would surprise me. The entire election is turning into a fuckin circus.

She called me cookie, I love that woman. The spread is more accurate, but she called me cookie so I'll have to agree with her. :cool:

Cool... so now I'll call you cookie. lol..

You saw what I said about Gallop, right? Another one (I thought it was WSJ, but might be CNN....) had a 9 point lead, but I discounted that as the outside...

More troubling for McCain is that

The latest NBC/WSJ poll -- which has Obama leading overall by just two points, 48%-46% (Obama's up five among very high interest voters) -- shows Obama with a 12-point advantage over McCain in handling the economy. And a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll -- which also has Obama up two among registered voters and four among likelies -- finds Obama with a 14-point edge on the economy. In addition, Palin, who two weeks ago was seen as a shot in the arm for McCain, has now potentially turned into a liability. Per the NBC/WSJ poll, 49% say she’s unqualified to be president if the need arises, versus just 40% who say she’s qualified. (By comparison, 64% say Biden is qualified.) NBC/WSJ co-pollster Peter Hart (D) says that when you add that to concerns about McCain’s age (44% say they worry about McCain being able to serve for four years), that becomes a “lethal” problem for the McCain campaign.

First thoughts: Nine days later - First Read - msnbc.com

Oh...and, of course, there's this:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama attracting 49% of the vote while John McCain earns 46%. Other than the bounces related to his convention and speech in Berlin, this is the first time Obama has had 49% support on back-to-back days since early July. It’s also McCain’s lowest level of support in nearly three weeks

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ial_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

*hugs*

Not that I put much stock into a "Gallop" poll but today it's back to 46-46.

Regardless, looks like Americans are impressed with John McCain's selflessness and his putting the well-being of the country over personal aspirations.

This update covers interviewing conducted Monday through Wednesday, and as such includes one night after McCain's announcement that he was suspending election campaigning and flying to Washington to help seek a bipartisan solution to the financial crisis.

Gallup Daily: Race Back to a Tie at 46% Each

Attachments

• $Picture 1.png
    $Picture 1.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 58

Forum List

Back