McCain steps up in maverick style

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Interesting take.

Democrats had dared Sen. John McCain to show leadership on the Wall Street crisis and he stepped up. He put his campaign on hold Wednesday and challenged Sen. Barack Obama to postpone Friday's debate, which Democrats had hoped to turn into a forum on failed Republican economic policies.

Less than a month after he canceled the first night of the Republican National Convention, Mr. McCain again flashed his signature maverick style, declaring President Bush's proposed $700 billion bailout dead and, as he's done so often in the past, said he could help broker a bipartisan deal to cut through the political clutter.

Washington Times - McCain steps up in maverick style

I agree. From the beginning McCain has shown he is beyond party lines and does what is in the best interest of the country. He knew Palin was the best VP and took her knowing the media would do their best to trash her. He knows we have a serious situation in the economy and he suspends his campaign to deal with it.

What's Obama doing on the verge of an economic disaster? Whining about the debate Friday.

No one who would pick Palin as Veep gives a rat's patoot about this country. Fantasize all you want.

I do like the way you can delude yourself into beliving spin from WND... it's kind of cool watching group psychosis. ;)

And ninja baby... yah.. I'm sure McCain planned to be 6 points down in the polls today.

No one who would pick Palin as Veep gives a rat's patoot about this country. Fantasize all you want.

I do like the way you can delude yourself into beliving spin from WND... it's kind of cool watching group psychosis. ;)

And ninja baby... yah.. I'm sure McCain planned to be 6 points down in the polls today.

Which six points would that be jill baby?

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

This may come as a shock, but we don't elect Presidents by popular vote (much less polls that oversample registered Democrats and blacks for that matter).

We have this little thing called the Electoral College. Ever heard of it? Doubt it. But whatever.

If I'm an Obama supporter and the polls are within the MOE in various battleground states - which they are - then I'm worried.

America is preparing to to Bradley Effect Ubama's ass :badgrin:

This may come as a shock, but we don't elect Presidents by popular vote (much less polls that oversample registered Democrats and blacks for that matter).

We have this little thing called the Electoral College. Ever heard of it? Doubt it. But whatever.

If I'm an Obama supporter and the polls are within the MOE in various battleground states - which they are - then I'm worried.

The polls are on Ninja's side here.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Count

you like the idea of a racist america? how sad....

i know all about the electoral college. let's the yahoos vote land instead of letting people vote. now how 'bout a dose of reality for you... I'm not the one saying it's a slam dunk. You are.

That said, as of right now... Florida is red. Penn is blue... NJ blue.. .VA.. goes back and forth by a point or two. Michigan... Blue. Ohio red by about a point.

Hardly your slam dunk even with the electoral vote.

And Crimson sweetie...honey,... cookie... try Gallop (instead of averaging) b/c the outlying numbers should be tossed, not averaged in. So get rid of the highs.. get rid of the lows. Most of TODAY'S polls were at about 6 percent. Too tired right now to look them up. But like I said.. go to Gallop for one. I'll think of th others tomorrow.

G'night... back to sleep time.

i know all about the electoral college. let's the yahoos vote land instead of letting people vote. now how 'bout a dose of reality for you... I'm not the one saying it's a slam dunk. You are.

That said, as of right now... Florida is red. Penn is blue... NJ blue.. .VA.. goes back and forth by a point or two. Michigan... Blue. Ohio red by about a point.

And Crimson sweetie...honey,... cookie... try Gallop (instead of averaging) b/c the outlying numbers should be tossed, not averaged in. So get rid of the highs.. get rid of the lows. Most of TODAY'S polls were at about 6 percent. Too tired right now to look them up. But like I said.. go to Gallop for one. I'll think of th others tomorrow.

She called me cookie, I love that woman. The spread is more accurate, but she called me cookie so I'll have to agree with her. :cool:

Exactly. Any "lead" under three points is considered a tie.

It was only a matter of time :rolleyes:

No, I don't like the idea of a racist America. I do think that ⅓ of registered Democrats being certifiable bigots is pretty hilarious though.

I'd prefer that Americans vote on the issues, but I'm also a pragmatist. Barack Obama is a dangerous candidate and if it takes the other side's bigotry to keep him out of office, so be it. If it were Republicans, I'd be ashamed.

So if America votes against Obama, the country is racist? Enough, already.

It has been shown that if the electoral college were eliminated, and only popular vote were used, the candidates would campaign by and large in the big cities. While you may like this scenario because democrats would win most of the elections, the people in the rural areas may want some say, too. The electoral college has its flaws, but every other voting system does. I would like the Borda Count, myself.

So if America votes against Obama, the country is racist? Enough, already.

It has been shown that if the electoral college were eliminated, and only popular vote were used, the candidates would campaign by and large in the big cities. While you may like this scenario because democrats would win most of the elections, the people in the rural areas may want some say, too. The electoral college has its flaws, but every other voting system does. I would like the Borda Count, myself.

Yeah, because the Borda count works so well with College football. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, because the Borda count works so well with College football. :eusa_whistle:

Borda tends to eliminate extremes. I like the idea of getting a candidate most people can live with as opposed to half the country being happy and the rest being ticked off. I was not aware Borda was used in college football. I thought they used instant runoff. Borda will never be used because every voter would have to put in a preference order. The logistics are complicated enough just choosing one candidate.

Forum List

Back