McCain Promises To Ruin Economy

No, I didn't mean Obama. I'm thinking of someone like Russ Feingold or Bernie Sanders. Hell, maybe Nader if things get bad enough. If we get four more years of economic corn-holing we'll give America a REAL leftist.

Yea....right. Come back to me in 2012 with that one....

Remember 1932. All those impoverished people voting....

1932 we had 29% unemployment, today? 6.1%
1932 we were in a deep global depression, today? We have yet to even technically transition into an official recession.
1932 we had no sophisticated global investment banking system and no checks and balances on the system. We have all that today. 1930's style depressions are simply impossible in the 21st century

Poor people don't vote. Never do. Did not even vote in 1932.

Try again.

1932 we had 29% unemployment, today? 6.1%
1932 we were in a deep global depression, today? We have yet to even technically transition into an official recession.
1932 we had no sophisticated global investment banking system and no checks and balances on the system. We have all that today. 1930's style depressions are simply impossible in the 21st century

Poor people don't vote. Never do. Did not even vote in 1932.

Try again.

Well, if you can convince the people that the economy is doing great and that the Republicans deserve four more years, I guess you deserve it. But beware the wrath of the masses if we get four more years of the same economic disparity.

So the argument is that the government should bail out people who sign legal documents without knowing what they are signing?

You are a tad confused about my position on this issue

I wasn't calling for bailouts for anybody, JS.

I was merely describing how most closings go.

In point of fact, even if you read every word of every piece of paper that passed before you, this real estate meltdown would have happened.

This crises has absolutely nothing to do with consumer fraud consumer ignorance, OR predatory lending, either.

It has to do with banks willing to take enormous risks, buying bad mortgages because they could sell off that risk to Fanny and Freddie and get out from under the risk.

Yeah, ok. Leave it to Democrats to want to give the ignorant a hand up and scold the educated for doing the responsible thing.

Well I'm not exactly a Democrat, but it was the "educated" who screwed this pooch, champ.

It was the educated who created our banking system, complete with this get out from under crappy loans free system.

Educated, that is assuming you think people running our banking system are educated.

Consumers worked with the system the educated created, remember?

Last edited:
Don't get yourself all into a snit, 'roid. You'll drive yourself right into tizzy.

We, the American people, are fed up with the corporate aristocracy that has been slowly robbing us of our quality of life for the last 30 years. We're sort of like the French masses just before the Revolution, and if we don't get some satisfaction soon, heads will roll (metaphorically {probably}). We are THIS CLOSE to electing politicians who promise to SOAK THE RICH!

Yeah.

You're so-o-o-o oppressed you have the time and disposable income to rant about the government that is allegedly stealing your rights.

But you people don't know what "rich" is because you pant for celebrities like Alec Baldwin, Michael Douglas, Alan Alda etc and make millionaires out of people like Michael Moore. you staff foundations by George Soros who all but single-handedly bankrupted the British pension system producing zero goods or services. You elect Kerry, Kennedy, Rockafeller, Feinstein etc.

Then when somebody actually busts his ass to get ahead you want to rip the money out of his/hre family's hand telling them how unfair they are.

Rich is just your code-word for "not one of us". What you can't stand is how the GOP--supposedly the party of the rich--keeps getting elected by the people you claim are so destitute. Gee! That must mean there are a lot of materially prosperous people in America and all you want to do is take away that prosperity.

But no...you fancy yourself the bold (internet) revolutionary. Those Americans that keep electing republicans and decrying liberalism aren't rich...they're stupid, backwoods, Bible-thumping, sister-poking, snaggle-toothed rednecks. Yeah! That's it! That's why they repeatedly reject YOUR intellectual brilliance and goodwill.

The proliteriat must be lead to freedom...kicking and screaming if need be!

Run along now, Generalissimo Soros awaits.

Forum List

Back