McCain camp demands L.A. Times release video

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
From Politico:

John McCain's campaign is demanding that the Los Angeles Times release a video of a party for a prominent Palestinian activist that Barack Obama attended in 2003.

The Times described the going-away party for former University of Chicago professor, and Obama friend, Rashid Khalidi, in a story in April. The story reported that Palestinians thought they might have a friend in Obama because of his friendships in that community, despite the fact that his positions have never been particularly pro-Palestinian.

"A major news organization is intentionally suppressing information that could provide a clearer link between Barack Obama and Rashid Khalidi," said McCain spokesman Michael Goldfarb, citing Obama's friendship with Khalidi, who is now a professor at Columbia University.

Link

Good luck with that... If they do I'm sure Obama and Biden ban the LA Times from any press conferences.... You don't mess with Lord Vader... I mean Lord Obama.

This is going to come out sooner or later. Obama needs to explain himself. Rashid Khalidi, while a Palestinian, wrote a book about how these people could help themselves by putting down their bombs and their weapons and start being responsible for themselves.

Of course, people are going to jump to conclusions: Obama friend with an Arab = Obama an Arab and a terrorist. The mentality of some people is ridiculous.

Obama needs to go out there and do a pre-emptive strike against this. There is likely another copy of this tape and I am sure Matt Drudge is doing everything he can to find it.

From Politico:

John McCain's campaign is demanding that the Los Angeles Times release a video of a party for a prominent Palestinian activist that Barack Obama attended in 2003.

The Times described the going-away party for former University of Chicago professor, and Obama friend, Rashid Khalidi, in a story in April. The story reported that Palestinians thought they might have a friend in Obama because of his friendships in that community, despite the fact that his positions have never been particularly pro-Palestinian.

"A major news organization is intentionally suppressing information that could provide a clearer link between Barack Obama and Rashid Khalidi," said McCain spokesman Michael Goldfarb, citing Obama's friendship with Khalidi, who is now a professor at Columbia University.

Link

what do they think is on the video? are they making out? :cuckoo:

This is getting beyond just normal politics at this point. The McCain camp is venturing into insanity.

This is going to come out sooner or later. Obama needs to explain himself. Rashid Khalidi, while a Palestinian, wrote a book about how these people could help themselves by putting down their bombs and their weapons and start being responsible for themselves.

Of course, people are going to jump to conclusions: Obama friend with an Arab = Obama an Arab and a terrorist. The mentality of some people is ridiculous.

Obama needs to go out there and do a pre-emptive strike against this. There is likely another copy of this tape and I am sure Matt Drudge is doing everything he can to find it.

yep you work real hard explaining away all Obamalama's associations and he tell us the truth in this one sentence... and you want to talk about our mentality.

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully," the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father." "The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

Obama Affinity to Marxists Dates Back to College Days - FOXNews.com Elections

It's frightening to think that Obama has the support of Jews and Palestinians. The horror of it all if he turns out to be the key to middle east peace.

you know, you say you're an obama supporter and I kind of believe you but you come up with some of the most ridiculous bullshit, it rivals anything I see from the right quite honestly.

What does Obama need to explain? are we now going to question him going to a going away party for a fellow professor? does this also show poor judgement?

it's getting ridiculous the bullshit the McCain camp and their followers are coming up with.

you know, you say you're an obama supporter and I kind of believe you but you come up with some of the most ridiculous bullshit, it rivals anything I see from the right quite honestly.

What does Obama need to explain? are we now going to question him going to a going away party for a fellow professor? does this also show poor judgement?

it's getting ridiculous the bullshit the McCain camp and their followers are coming up with.

and this is one of the peoples who wants full disclosure on medical records:party::lol::chillpill: hippo crit!

lol the guy was a spokesmen for the PLO during the 70's an d80's which were behind supported Terrorist Orginzations.

I would think eh would need to expain himself.

It's amazing that even if a Democrat such as David comes out and says something you guys attack your own kind.

You're like a praying mantis, you eat your own.

It's pathetic, you think your canidate shouldn't answer to anyone.

and this is one of the peoples who wants full disclosure on medical records:party::lol::chillpill: hippo crit!

umm you might want to get your facts right asswipe.

I've never said shit about medical records except to point out that demanding Sarah to release hers' would mean that we should demand Obama release his too since he hasn't either.

and in fact I've said that releasing medical records for the public is an invasion of privacy and the candidates should be given a physical by a non-partisan doctor and that's all they should have to do.

try to keep your liberals straight Willow :eusa_whistle:

you took him wrong silence....he's saying this palestinian was a pacifist....time to put down guns guy.... obama can say this...preempt the ''made up'' negative...is what i got out of the post....

care

The "fellow professor" put on a fund raiser for Obama when he ran for Congress. I don't think there is any question these two are very, very close. Perhaps, and I know I'm really stretching here, but perhaps, if Katie or Brian or George asked Obama about it really, really nice with sugar and spice, they'd wouldn't be sent to press Siberia. Hey, Obama might even sign an autograph for Perky Katie.

you took him wrong silence....he's saying this palestinian was a pacifist....time to put down guns guy.... obama can say this...preempt the ''made up'' negative...is what i got out of the post....

care

so they are up in arms over a guy who says Palistein should put down the weapons? ohs nos not that! don't disarm them...who will we have to attack next? :tongue:

if I misread him then ok but i've seen him say some pretty "right" leaning things about Obama. which is fine, whatever. I just don't like disingenuous crap.

yep you work real hard explaining away all Obamalama's associations and he tell us the truth in this one sentence... and you want to talk about our mentality.

Obama strikes me as the type of guy who thinks that everyone has a point.. that everyone's opinions and grievances are worth hearing out... he recognizes that there is a side to every story-- and real intelligence, the making of a cultivated mind and an honorable human being is being able to hear those stories and recognize those others sides and understand that there is not always a clear right and wrong. And understanding that everyone has a lot to learn.

Unfortunately, if you're going to get into politics, you have to get your hands dirty.

All I saw in this thread was, Palestinian, Bin Laden, weapons, bombs, Arab, terrorist, and Obama. I had a jerk reaction slamming on my vote McCain button.

Forum List

Back