McCain Backs Away From Benghazi Conspiracies

I wonder how many times Obama has to kick McCain's ass before Johnny learns he's out of his weight class. He just seem to come off as being more ridiculous each time, making his "maverick" days seem like a joke, since he's done nothing but carry the water for the far right loons going on 5 straight years.

I wonder how many times Obama has to kick McCain's ass before Johnny learns he's out of his weight class. He just seem to come off as being more ridiculous each time, making his "maverick" days seem like a joke, since he's done nothing but carry the water for the far right loons going on 5 straight years.

Idiot.

Born a minute.

Far right loons? Mc Cain calling us all hobbits? What part of that did you miss you fool?

How stupid are you?

Can anyone imagine a Commander In Chief going to sleep so he can get "pretty" for his fundraiser in Vegas while men are dying in his name in Libya?

What a pig.

UNITED NATIONS — U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice said Wednesday that her early account of the attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans in Benghazi was based on the initial intelligence community assessments and was always subject to review and updates.

She said she respects Republican Sen. John McCain, who has been critical of her, but says "some of the statements he's made about me have been unfounded, but I look forward to having the opportunity at the appropriate time to discuss all of this with him."

Susan Rice Defends Benghazi Remarks: U.S. Ambassador Dismisses McCain Accusations

7 hours.

No help.

Beauty rest for the Vegas fundraiser.

Priorities, right?

This is the part that hurts the soul.

He went to sleep. Men under fire. Men told to stand down. And he goes to sleep.

Actually, Panetta himself said that there wasn't enough assets to provide enough information to mount a rescue.

Yeah................you COULD send in a couple of jets to drop bombs, but how would that go over? Especially how would it play out if the bombs ended up taking out the ambassador because they didn't have proper intel? Panetta said there was only 1 drone in the air, but that wasn't enough to provide data needed to mount a rescue.

And.............don't forget................a rescue of those people would have required HELICOPTERS to get them out, which have a much shorter range than jets do.

BTW..............got proof for this "stand down" order that never happened?

But a November 16 Times article Dowd cites earlier in her column reports that while the talking points drafted by the CIA were edited to remove references to specific terrorist groups, according to Democrats present during former CIA director David Petraeus' closed hearing last week, Petraeus denied that those changes were made for political reasons (emphasis added):

Some intelligence analysts worried, for instance, that identifying the groups could reveal that American spy services were eavesdropping on the militants -- a fact most insurgents are already aware of. Justice Department lawyers expressed concern about jeopardizing the F.B.I.'s criminal inquiry in the attacks. Other officials voiced concern that making the names public, at least right away, would create a circular reporting loop and hamper efforts to trail the militants.

Democrats said Mr. Petraeus made it clear the change had not been done for political reasons to aid Mr. Obama. "The general was adamant there was no politicization of the process, no White House interference or political agenda," said Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California.​

More: NY Times' Maureen Dowd Defies Her Paper's Reporting To Attack Susan Rice Over Benghazi | Blog | Media Matters for America

Maureen Dowd? Surely you jest.

God could stand before you and tell you that you are wrong, and you would find fault in his conclusion. Your arguments are bordering on Psychotic ramblings. Give it up. It is over...

McCain carry the water for the far right? You cannot possibly be talking about that Liberal John McCain who ran for President and lost to the other liberal in 2008 can you? Because I assure you that John McCain doesn't share the same ideology as people on the far right do. :lol:

McCain has thought about the claim, the following makes much more sense than his 'backing off:'

.: United States Senator John McCain :: Press Office :.

STATEMENT BY SENATOR JOHN McCAIN ON DNI AND BENGHAZI
November 20, 2012

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) today released the following statement on reports that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) was responsible for removing references to Al-Qaeda from the unclassified talking points about the Benghazi attack that Ambassador Susan Rice and other officials used in the early days after September 11, 2012:

“I am somewhat surprised and frustrated to read reports that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence was responsible for removing references to Al-Qaeda from the unclassified talking points about the Benghazi attack that Ambassador Susan Rice and other officials used in the early days after September 11, 2012. I participated in hours of hearings in the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence last week regarding the events in Benghazi, where senior intelligence officials were asked this very question, and all of them – including the Director of National Intelligence himself – told us that they did not know who made the changes. Now we have to read the answers to our questions in the media. There are many other questions that remain unanswered. But this latest episode is another reason why many of us are so frustrated with, and suspicious of, the actions of this Administration when it comes to the Benghazi attack.”

Forum List

Back