Mayor Pete Buttigieg: Hair discrimination is racial discrimination

Imagine reading a history book in 2050 and you get to the part where the LGBT's sworn enemy in the 2010's was a chicken restuarant.

Even so if they take state money, its a no no. So all black males are to shave their hair. I think not.

“They wanted our scholarship money — but they also wanted the power to control, and muffle, a child’s Blackness, the Blackness so visibly expressed by CJ’s kinky hair,” the boy’s father, Clinton Stanley Sr., wrote in a post on the ACLU’s website that accompanied a copy of the legal complaint.
ACLU urges state to investigate Orange private school that banned boy with hair in locs

and
I was bewildered that the all-white staff in charge of a predominantly Black school would have the audacity to shame something so closely tied to Black identity. In the months since the degrading ordeal, I’ve given a lot of thought to what I should do. And in that time, Book has made it clear that harmless affirmations of Black cultural pride remain unwelcome at his school.

Probably best for the kid not to go to a fundamentalist Christian school.

Even so if they take state money, its a no no. So all black males are to shave their hair. I think not.

“They wanted our scholarship money — but they also wanted the power to control, and muffle, a child’s Blackness, the Blackness so visibly expressed by CJ’s kinky hair,” the boy’s father, Clinton Stanley Sr., wrote in a post on the ACLU’s website that accompanied a copy of the legal complaint.
ACLU urges state to investigate Orange private school that banned boy with hair in locs

You're missing private school. The reason parents send their children to them is to avoid the distractions and their children get an education. If the kid's parents want their kid there they have to abide by the rules. That's how private schools work

The ACLU is out of line on this one, and they have no standing

You're missing private school. The reason parents send their children to them is to avoid the distractions and their children get an education. If the kid's parents want their kid there they have to abide by the rules. That's how private schools work

And you are missing they take state funds, just like the private schools in MI take state funds, which I am against.

And you are missing they take state funds, just like the private schools in MI take state funds, which I am against.

They still have rules, which are explained in the handbook the parents were given at enrollment. If the parents can't abide by said rules find a different school. These rules are in place for a reason.

Our children's school refuses any funding, the beauty of that is it isn't subjected to nonsense like this garbage. The parents are looking for a payday nothing more and nothing less

They still have rules, which are explained in the handbook the parents were given at enrollment. If the parents can't abide by said rules find a different school. These rules are in place for a reason.

Our children's school refuses any funding, the beauty of that is it isn't subjected to nonsense like this garbage. The parents are looking for a payday nothing more and nothing less

True, as long as they don't take state or federal funding. A private school should not take public funds and be entitled to make up their own rules in so far as dress code etc. I agree in that aspect.

I see they are pro immunizations which is good.

Finally! This is the issue that all America has been looking at and will rocket Mayor Pete into the White House!

Forum List

Back