Mayor Michael Bloomberg: We need to stop-and-frisk more minorities, not fewer

THORAX

Jul 22, 2013
Mayor Michael Bloomberg: We need to stop-and-frisk more minorities, not fewer - Washington Times

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday opponents of stop-and-frisk police policies have it all wrong – it’s really whites, not minorities, who are more frequently held for questioning.

He made the statements on his weekly radio address, during discussion of the city’s controversial rule that lets law enforcement use judgment to decide if someone is committing, or about to commit, a felony and to subsequently question them. Opponents say the law is akin to sanctioned racial profiling and has led to discrimination on the part of police toward minorities.

But Mr. Bloomberg scoffed and said that’s just not true, The New York Post reported.

“I think we disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little,” he said, on the radio address. “It’s exactly the reverse of what they say. I don’t know where they went to school but they certainly didn’t take a math course. Or a logic course.”

Wow. For once I actually agree with Bloomberg on something. Although I still don't like Bloomberg, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Good job. :clap2:

Forum List

Back