Mayor Khan speaks up for Londoners

Its about affordable homes for Londoners Will.

Demand for homes in London is what drives the price. The government getting involved will only make it worse.
Nope. Lack of government intervention has made it worse.
Like obamacare, this will make things worse.
Nope. Private rental has a long history of failure in the UK. Only when local authorities build social housing for the lower paid does anything improve.
Council houses helped move a whole class of people out of badly built,damp and draughty slums.

Private rental, Tommy, is what's proving to be the current backbone of residency !! House prices have gone through the roof, especially in London, and there are many there who can only hope to live their own lives, under their 'own' roofs, by going down the private rental route.

Council houses have first to be built ... and even when they are, how many go immediately to immigrants ??? Such houses can only be built if a council's budget allows for it. Some struggle to do so. Which again is why private rental is so important these days.
The failure of successive government housing policies has seen local authorities in North Wales restart their social housing programmes. The tries have proven that they dont give a shit about housing other than where they can make money out of it.
Most of them are Rachmans as well.

Since you're a supporter of the most praised-by-Hitler, Jew-exterminating, child-fucking hate ideology on this planet, it's clear that you Euros never disengaged Hitler's penis from your high-traffic assholes. Seriously, you European Islam lovers are the lowest, most cowardly, rape-enabling ABOMINATION to my race that ever existed. You Euros will suck the cock of ANYTHING that's about killing Jews and/or Americans, like the subhuman parasites your continent is.

Demand for homes in London is what drives the price. The government getting involved will only make it worse.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Go read about all the problems rent controls have caused in places like New York City.

Get back to me once you've grasped a basic understanding of Economics.

Since you're a supporter of the most praised-by-Hitler, Jew-exterminating, child-fucking hate ideology on this planet, it's clear that you Euros never disengaged Hitler's penis from your high-traffic assholes. Seriously, you European Islam lovers are the lowest, most cowardly, rape-enabling ABOMINATION to my race that ever existed. You Euros will suck the cock of ANYTHING that's about killing Jews and/or Americans, like the subhuman parasites your continent is.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Go read about all the problems rent controls have caused in places like New York City.

Get back to me once you've grasped a basic understanding of Economics.

No I have a full understanding of housing issues.When left to private landlords we had slums without even the basics. When local authorities stepped in peoples lives were transformed.
Now since thatcher the councils have had to sell off the best of their stock to "buy to rent" wankers and we re facing loads of people homeless or forced to rent these houses at penal rates far above what they ere when the councils owned them.

All this driven by that slags home-owning ideology.

The market hasnt delivered but why should it. It never has done in the UK.

The US is different in that there is a lot more land and its a lot cheaper.

The market hasnt delivered but why should it. It never has done in the UK.

The US is different in that there is a lot more land and its a lot cheaper.
But the plutocrats are greedy and have no social consciousness.

So the housing situation is even worse in the USA, as is evidenced by the abominable homelessness in "the Land of Debris and Home of the Crazed."

There is no way to have "affordable housing" in a very large metropolis like London in a prosperous nation like Great Britain. The reason investors want to buy real estate there is because Great Britain is one of the few nations of the world where property rights are absolutely protected by the law, without the risk of confiscation by corrupt officials and bureaucrats, or arbitrary laws that deprive a property owner of all value in his investment.

All government meddling to interfere with the free market in British real estate will cause investors to lose confidence, resulting in a decline in real estate values that will harm all owners of property in Great Britain, and impact the economy negatively. The government should leave well enough alone. Britons who want "affordable housing" can commute into London, or find alternative employment at some smaller city that is less crowded.

Free market my arse.You are talking about the law of the jungle. Ideological insanity.
For a start this investment money is generally dirty, from offshore funds controlled by gangsters of one sort or another.

Secondly the government used to provide affordable housing to the masses and helped people to move out of "free market" slums after the war.
Thatcher sold all of these off in pursuit of some "free market" wankfest and the country has suffered for it.

I am hopeful, but not confident, that Mr Khan will reverse this trend and start building homes for ordinary people.

After all these billionaire Russian and Nigerians need people to pick up their rubbish and sell them a latte.

Drummond , good to see another Welshman on board .

Many thanks.

But in fact you're in error. Yes, I genuinely am posting from south Wales. But ... I'm an English 'immigrant'. Several years ago, my job moved here from London .. I moved with it. This is how I come to be here today. Sorry, but I'm a born and bred Londoner ...

Tommy will no doubt be thrilled by that news ... as someone who has no problem with rampaging immigration, he may even want to congratulate me on being here ....

Many thanks.

But in fact you're in error. Yes, I genuinely am posting from south Wales. But ... I'm an English 'immigrant'. Several years ago, my job moved here from London .. I moved with it. This is how I come to be here today. Sorry, but I'm a born and bred Londoner ...

Tommy will no doubt be thrilled by that news ... as someone who has no problem with rampaging immigration, he may even want to congratulate me on being here ....
I am just relieved that you arent Welsh.

Many thanks.

-------------- Just give Tommy some 'ell' . I have already set him straight concerning the Welsh injuns of the USA and you setting him straight on housing is also education for him and other board members Drummond .

Sadiq Khan condemns foreign investors' use of London homes as 'gold bricks'

Talk is cheap you Blairite stooge.!

Lets see some action.

Still a realisation that there is a problem. Far better than the previous Mayor.
Which Londoners does he speak for? The Anglos born in England that are being dispossessed or the brown skinned immigrants making England ... Britanistan ?
------------------- MaryL raise a valid question and she is likely correct in her thinking Drippy !!

Many thanks.

Racist. Not exactly news. Lol.

Many thanks.

Watch out, Drummond....

Tammy has admitted he likes beating up English folk:

Tammy: "... I am Welsh and in my younger days I liked nothing more than laying fists on our English oppressors...."

:meow:

Backing the Rebs !!

Hopefully you won't get your house burnt down, though!

Many thanks.

Did you support the Welsh fascists who burned down the homes of English people in Wales?

Many thanks.

Oh dear. Does the thought of a Welsh Conservative aggravate you ?

Fret not. Perhaps I can help bring commonsense to south Wales .....

Free market my arse.You are talking about the law of the jungle. Ideological insanity.
For a start this investment money is generally dirty, from offshore funds controlled by gangsters of one sort or another.

Secondly the government used to provide affordable housing to the masses and helped people to move out of "free market" slums after the war.
Thatcher sold all of these off in pursuit of some "free market" wankfest and the country has suffered for it.

I am hopeful, but not confident, that Mr Khan will reverse this trend and start building homes for ordinary people.

After all these billionaire Russian and Nigerians need people to pick up their rubbish and sell them a latte.

I think you'll find that Khan's priority will be to build yet more mosques, instead (as if there aren't more than enough already !!!). There is just no way that a Muslim seizing power won't use that to the maximum advantage for his creed.

Forum List

Back