Maybe Former Chrysler Dealers are Now Mad Enough

The only shame I saw in the shutdown was Chrysler and the government calling this necessary as a cost savings. Dealerships pay their own way, but the government needed the pain spread around more, so it looked better politically. I hope the dealers take a big chunk from the government.

correct. It cost Chrysler and GM zero for the dealerships to remain open. and as a parting shot, the dealerships that closed were required to turn over their complete list of clients from the day the dealerships opened. names, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Since most if not all Chrysler dealerships are not owned by the company, a bankruptcy would not have closed a single store. Chrysler may have decided to discontinue their dealer agreements for any reason under bankruptcy. The dealers would just have to decide what they wanted to do at that point.

Here's the list of closed dealerships:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/ChryslerDealership.pdf

In other words, LWC was outright lying when he claimed they would all shut down. Exactly my point.

LWC does little else but lie and whine.

What you people are forgetting about this suit is that Quo-Warranto will be used against Obama filed in a DC Court which is in the jurisdiction in which Obama resides. This is bad news for Obama. This is a brilliant strategy because Obama will have to defend himself on two fronts.

Obama also subverted the bankruptcy process and strong-armed the Chrysler Senior Secured creditors.

Most days, I think we can get through this without a real shooting civil war, some days I'm not so sure

Every article I have seen on the cost to GM and Chrysler of dealerships was a pack of lies. They would cite training costs of mechanics, advertising, distribution, floor plan and other support. The dealers pay for all of that.

You people do know why the dealerships hired these attorneys don't you? It far more greater than just the bankruptsy. If Quo-Warranto is granted then this would be the biggest event since Americas conception.

You people do know why the dealerships hired these attorneys don't you? It far more greater than just the bankruptsy. If Quo-Warranto is granted then this would be the biggest event since Americas conception.

In your little mind. Stop laying turds all over the board please.

In your little mind. Stop laying turds all over the board please.

I also disagree with the member.

Quo warranto is applied every time we challenge a police officer's right to search our person or search or enter our automobile, our house, our place of business. If done outside the authority of the law, we have right of redress.

Quo warranto has been applied in cases such as Kelo in which government entities condemned private property in a way that benefitted other private citizens. Some of these cases have been I think decided wrongly. I accept the principle of eminent domain within the scope of the general welfare and the necessity of government to fulfill the authorized social contract. I think Kelo for instance far overstepped such authority and was rightfully challenged even though the plaintiffs lost. Kelo was such an blatant violation of individual rights that I look for it to be overturned when the next such case comes up--at least if we keep a majority of constitutional scholars on the Supreme Court.

Quo warranto was applied vigorously in the wake of 9/11 as our law enforcement and military scrambled to protect our persons and possessions from further attack, and their authority to do so, especially within the Patriot Act, was questioned, challenged, and lawsuits did fly. That was a good thing and once the dust settled, those policies and procedures that overstepped constitutional authority were eliminated and the remaining policy and procedures are reasonable and within the scope and intent of constitutional authority.

And now we have government leaders who presume authority to order who can and cannot have a franchise to operate an auto dealership.

Let's hope and pray that quo warranto will rein in what is increasingly a dangerously rogue government and restore some sanity to the system.

Quo Warranto is important, just not the, "biggest event since Americas conception."

It is okay for America to take ownership of this, use an apostrophe.

Foxfyre said:
Why should I research something when I know the family involved personally and everybody in town knows about the new owners including the local newspaper? Is there someplace I should research further about that? Surely you aren't like some of the more numbnutty members here who assume that if I say one thing, I must mean this other thing too?

Perhaps you noted that Snopes said that unprofitable dealerships would be closed. The one closed here was not at all unprofitable but was one of the more successful. I wonder how many profitable Democratic supporter owned dealerships were closed? Snopes didn't deal with that. It did admit that the overwhelming number of dealerships are Republican/conservative supporters. I wonder if the administration would have been so quick to close down all those dealerships if that had not been the case?

Whatever you say, and whatever Snopes thinks it 'debunked', it stinks to high heaven.

I'm not "objecting" to your support for local business. Far from it. But why not stick to that point and that point only? Seems your real purpose by posting that information here is to include the link ( Closed Chrysler dealers to drive Obama's eligibility )that it's somehow all Obama's fault, that he took some sort of unconstitutional risks which resulted in closing certain dealerships. I'M suggesting that is simply not the case, and to infer as much has already been debunked.

There are closed businesses all over the country. Car dealerships aren't the only ones. What if they all decided to sue? And who would they sue? The US government? Surely you jest.

I think it's intriguing that these closed dealers, presumably suffering serious financial loss already, have enough money to hire lawyers to fight a losing cause. There is so much factual information defense attorneys will have right at their fingertips and the x-dealers will ultimately have legal fees piled on top of their losses.

Stupid.

its called contingency basis. Its how anyone with little money can afford an attorney.

Lawyers do not take on lost causes without at least a large retainer. Trust me.

I can see some good grounds to challenge the Bailouts in the first place and the government control of it. Im not seeing how this creates any sorts of ground to challenge Obama's citizenship.

Chrysler would have gone bankrupt many months before they did without loans from the government via the Obama administration. And then, when there were no more Chryslers to sell, the dealerships would have ALL been closed down.

Not only that, but Chrysler needed a bailout in the 80's. Why is that never mentioned?

Why should I research something when I know the family involved personally and everybody in town knows about the new owners including the local newspaper? Is there someplace I should research further about that? Surely you aren't like some of the more numbnutty members here who assume that if I say one thing, I must mean this other thing too?

Perhaps you noted that Snopes said that unprofitable dealerships would be closed. The one closed here was not at all unprofitable but was one of the more successful. I wonder how many profitable Democratic supporter owned dealerships were closed? Snopes didn't deal with that. It did admit that the overwhelming number of dealerships are Republican/conservative supporters. I wonder if the administration would have been so quick to close down all those dealerships if that had not been the case?

Whatever you say, and whatever Snopes thinks it 'debunked', it stinks to high heaven.

Why should you do research and provide proof for your argument?

Because if you don't, whatever you say is suspect. And you can be sure as hell that a whole bunch of people who don't know you, on the internet, are not going to just take your word for it.

You wonder how many Democratic car dealerships were closed? That's right, you wonder. Because you have no actual numbers to prove anything your saying.

Instead all we have to go from your post, is that someone you apparently know, who owned a car dealership, was a republican, and therefore all car dealership closings must be part of some giant conspiracy against Republicans.

so how do you explain them closing a dealership and turning around and opening another one? huh?

The ones closed down were UNPROFITABLE!!! A new dealership probably had the creds to prove its worth and thus the risk. Hello?

Chrysler would have gone bankrupt many months before they did without loans from the government via the Obama administration. And then, when there were no more Chryslers to sell, the dealerships would have ALL been closed down.

Don't be ridiculous. Bankrupcy wouldnt close all the dealerships. It would merely allow the company to restructure their organization and drop all the dead weight they are carrying. Current bankrupcy laws are specifically designed to allow businesses to restructure for this very reason.

And you can bet if they were restructuring under current bankcrupcy laws, they certainly wouldnt be closing profitable dealerships. It wouldnt matter if they were Republican or Democrat, they would be keeping the profitable dealerships open. There wouldnt be petty partisan crap like this.

People are missing the point about bankruptcy. Do you know how much it costs for a business to go bankrupt? Especially filing for Chapter 11 relief, where costly lawyers get involved for every creditor who wants a piece of whatever pie is left. It truly is a last resort option, especially for a business (and its principals, who would be hard pressed to recover their own personal credit ratings).

Why should you do research and provide proof for your argument?

Because if you don't, whatever you say is suspect. And you can be sure as hell that a whole bunch of people who don't know you, on the internet, are not going to just take your word for it.

You wonder how many Democratic car dealerships were closed? That's right, you wonder. Because you have no actual numbers to prove anything your saying.

Instead all we have to go from your post, is that someone you apparently know, who owned a car dealership, was a republican, and therefore all car dealership closings must be part of some giant conspiracy against Republicans.

so how do you explain them closing a dealership and turning around and opening another one? huh?

The ones closed down were UNPROFITABLE!!! A new dealership probably had the creds to prove its worth and thus the risk. Hello?

MaggieMae, I can assure you there are very few profitable new car dealerships at the time this happened or even today. The ones that are, make their money from used car operations or very aggressive add-on sales of finance and after-market products.

sorry to disappoint you,, but I watched every second of the Senate hearings. They forced very lucrative dealerships out of business.

Sure they did.

Got some proof that's not the opinion of a crazy right-wing internet nut-job?

It was Senate testimony.. I did mention Senate hearings did I not?

If some lucrative dealerships were forced to close, then that's Chrysler's fault which provided the list to the Senate. Do you think each Senator went through their respective state's Yellow Pages or something?

Forum List

Back