Maybe Former Chrysler Dealers are Now Mad Enough

so how do you explain them closing a dealership and turning around and opening another one? huh?

Um, supply and demand perhaps?

Maybe, just maybe, when the "Cars for Clunkers" program launched, demand picked up enough that another dealership opened up to meet the demand?

No, no, I guess a giant government conspiracy to "get" Republican Car Dealers is just a MUCH more reasonable explanation.

Right?

sorry to disappoint you,, but I watched every second of the Senate hearings. They forced very lucrative dealerships out of business.

Don't be ridiculous. Bankrupcy wouldnt close all the dealerships. It would merely allow the company to restructure their organization and drop all the dead weight they are carrying. Current bankrupcy laws are specifically designed to allow businesses to restructure for this very reason.

And you can bet if they were restructuring under current bankcrupcy laws, they certainly wouldnt be closing profitable dealerships. It wouldnt matter if they were Republican or Democrat, they would be keeping the profitable dealerships open. There wouldnt be petty partisan crap like this.

Chrystler was in hock up to it's ears, most of it's dealerships would have gone under if the company did, no matter what kind of bankruptcy deal they got.

It had already "restructured" a number of times, and each time had to be bailed out by the government because the "restructures" failed, miserably.

It was Senate testimony.. I did mention Senate hearings did I not?

Great, then it should be easy to find a copy of said Senate testimony and show it to us all!

And from there it should be easy to find numbers to back up the claims given in said Senate testimony, as I'm quite sure that people wouldn't just be spouting unsubstantiated accusations at Senators on the Senate floor, now would they?

It was Senate testimony.. I did mention Senate hearings did I not?

Great, then it should be easy to find a copy of said Senate testimony and show it to us all!

And from there it should be easy to find numbers to back up the claims given in said Senate testimony, as I'm quite sure that people wouldn't just be spouting unsubstantiated accusations at Senators on the Senate floor, now would they?

go for it, I'm not jumping through hoops for you. I'm giving you one link. If you don't agree find us something that proves otherwise.

Car Dealers, Reeling, Get Senate Hearing | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural

Chrysler would have gone bankrupt many months before they did without loans from the government via the Obama administration. And then, when there were no more Chryslers to sell, the dealerships would have ALL been closed down.

Don't be ridiculous. Bankrupcy wouldnt close all the dealerships. It would merely allow the company to restructure their organization and drop all the dead weight they are carrying. Current bankrupcy laws are specifically designed to allow businesses to restructure for this very reason.

And you can bet if they were restructuring under current bankcrupcy laws, they certainly wouldnt be closing profitable dealerships. It wouldnt matter if they were Republican or Democrat, they would be keeping the profitable dealerships open. There wouldnt be petty partisan crap like this.

Since most if not all Chrysler dealerships are not owned by the company, a bankruptcy would not have closed a single store. Chrysler may have decided to discontinue their dealer agreements for any reason under bankruptcy. The dealers would just have to decide what they wanted to do at that point.

Here's the list of closed dealerships:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/ChryslerDealership.pdf

go for it, I'm not jumping through hoops for you. I'm giving you one link. If you don't agree find us something that proves otherwise.

Car Dealers, Reeling, Get Senate Hearing | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural

Nothing in that link proves anything about any conspiracy against Republicans. There is no Senate testimony quoted that said any such thing.

Here, in fact is the head of Chrystler explaining to congress why he needed to shut down dealerships, from your own article:

James Press, Chrysler president, told the committee that the company’s “multiple distribution channels” have become inefficient, “an expensive legacy of more than 80 years being in business.”

Press told the gathering that in the current car market, “There is simply not enough business to go around. With projected annual sales in the U.S. this year of only 10 to 10.5 million compared to historical levels of 16 million, Chrysler cannot support the same number of dealers that we have in the past.” He reported that in 2008 the average Chrysler dealership lost $3,431.

“This puts us at a real disadvantage,” Press said, “because it increases our costs of product development, distribution, marketing and advertising, as well as dealer administration by more than several billion dollars every year.”

you think they were black demoncwats? welldoyahuh?

I think they were more often dealerships in small market, rural areas, where there's not that many people to sell cars to.

Which on the whole, would be less lucrative than larger population areas, as they would sell less in terms of volume.

Of course, to you it's just one big conspiracy. Just like everything else.

You really should look into some counseling. This whole "black helicopter" mentality is not healthy Willow.

Since most if not all Chrysler dealerships are not owned by the company, a bankruptcy would not have closed a single store. Chrysler may have decided to discontinue their dealer agreements for any reason under bankruptcy. The dealers would just have to decide what they wanted to do at that point.

In other words, LWC was outright lying when he claimed they would all shut down. Exactly my point.

I think they were more often dealerships in small market, rural areas, where there's not that many people to sell cars to.

Which on the whole, would be less lucrative than larger population areas, as they would sell less in terms of volume.

You really should look into some counseling. This whole "black helicopter" mentality is not healthy Willow.

Wrong check my link in my last post here. The strength of US manufacturers is being close to their customers, all of them.

and yet you cannot explain them closing one dealership and turning around and opening another one.. newp! :eusa_whistle:

In other words, LWC was outright lying when he claimed they would all shut down. Exactly my point.

He is a liar, and fails to provide proof of his version. He has no explanation.

LWC was stating that they would have all closed down due to lack of stock, as Chrysler wouldn't have been making cars to give them, thus not lying at all.

They certainly could have continued to be dealerships, with no cars to sell.

Last edited:
BTW, Bail outs are inefficient use of tax payers money. If Chrysler was so bad that it was unsustainable even after a restructure, why on earth would we want such an inefficient company to continue to limp on? It makes absolutely no sense.

Wouldn't it be much wiser to sell off what assets were left of the company to others who would use them more efficient and create greater productivity?

Forum List

Back