Massive Russian blanket air bombardment is flattening Raqqa

Unlike Obama, the Russians know how to fight a war.

Russia has launched a merciless blanket air campaign, backed by Kalibr cruise missiles fired from the Caspian and Mediterranean Seas, for the object of wiping the Islamic State's Syrian center of Raqqa off the map, DEBKAfile's military sources report.

Western and Middle East sources tracking the campaign since Friday, Nov. 20, report that at least 75 air sorties have been conducted and are systematically razing the town of 200,000 inhabitants 160km east of Aleppo, district by district, irrespective of civilian town dwellers.

Moscow wants the entire Middle East and Muslim world to see the price exacted for launching a terrorist attack on Russia after the downing of the Metrojet airliner that killed 224 people over Egyptian Sinai on Oct. 31.
Well Russia has sat on its hands for 5 years,ISIS made a big mistake with the bomb in the Russian plane......I agree with you Bripat!!!!!!!!........Russia has done the right thing,albeit only because they were attacked by ISIS..steven

Russia didnt sit on their hands. Putin was waiting for the moment. Putin knew exactly what was happening. We in the west trained Omar. Baghdadi's military man. Key killer was trained by us. Star pupil now fighting for ISIS. Directing ISIS.

Oh America look what you have done.

You have given the world ISIS.
You are only partly right,Putin did sit on his hands for fear of inciting ISIS to penetrate the Muslim states and countries surrounding Russia moreover was still sitting on his ass when he first started bombing Assad's enemies not ISIS.....The downing of the Russian Airliner has changed all that of course.....he is a Gung Ho Cowboy the fighter downed by Turkey proves that.
I agree the US and its allies should take some responsibility in creating ISIS and its hords,the US was so intent in toppling Sadam,that it left a void between the Sunnies and Shias,cleverly ISIS filled the vacuum left,who were so much worst than Saddam.....I would imagine that many in the Penagon are ruing the day they illegally entered the Sovreign nation of Iraq on a load of lies and BULLSHIT,for that is what it was.

Last edited:
Not much of an historian.....are you. You don't seem to know anything about counter insurgency tactics or any kind of strategy at all. Why do bother posting when you obviously don't know anything?

What happened after Dresden?

What happened after Hiroshima?

When civilian populations lose the will to fight, wars end. History bears this out 100% of the time.

The idea that we are a parent disciplining a child is insanity - war is not about punishment. Carpet bombing the support structures ends wars. There is a terrible price for it in human life, but it works 100% of the time.
Maybe you just don't quite get the difference between fighting an actual nation and sorting out insurgents. Maybe we should bomb France too, plenty of terrorists there.
ISIS is an actual nation for all practical purposes.
All your comments above really need NO RESPONSE BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL REDNECK SHIT

Your comments are all lying commie propaganda.
Sorry but all this Commies Under the Bed scenario,has NO validity being as I am far removed from anything Commie but I reckon you are a Red Neck,if you can't change,just live with IT,as for lying..I don't because I have NO NEED TO.....unlike you, of course.

What happened after Dresden?

What happened after Hiroshima?

When civilian populations lose the will to fight, wars end. History bears this out 100% of the time.

The idea that we are a parent disciplining a child is insanity - war is not about punishment. Carpet bombing the support structures ends wars. There is a terrible price for it in human life, but it works 100% of the time.
Maybe you just don't quite get the difference between fighting an actual nation and sorting out insurgents. Maybe we should bomb France too, plenty of terrorists there.
All your comments above really need NO RESPONSE BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL REDNECK SHIT

Sorry but all this Commies Under the Bed scenario,has NO validity being as I am far removed from anything Commie but I reckon you are a Red Neck,if you can't change,just live with IT,as for lying..I don't because I have NO NEED TO.....unlike you, of course.

They aren't "under the bed." They walk about in broad day light and call themselves "progressives."

As for being a red neck, I was born in Boston MA.

You're mistaken about your need to change. Believing a pile of shit that is obviously untrue is a big reason for change.

They aren't "under the bed." They walk about in broad day light and call themselves "progressives."

You're mistaken about your need to change. Believing a pile of shit that is obviously untrue is a big reason for change.
Well a Red Neck from Boston then...........I see you didn't deny it..........I'm theliq and Kick Red Neck Ass, Big Time because I can

You'll keep Skye

ISIS has around 30,000 total heads. Russia is obliterating a city if 200,000 just to take out some ISIS personnel?

And people are applauding this?

Depending on how many innocent civilians are killed, this may well bite Russia in the ass. This is why Obama has been hesitant to go full scale into this mess.
Obama doesn't have a clue what he is doing. That's why he is hesitant.

While there are a lot of Americans screaming that we should have "boots on the ground", they all seem to forget how well that worked out for us when Bush put boots on the ground. Approximately 7000 of our best Americans came home in body bags. Another 50,000 or so have been handicapped for life. Now you might say all that was worth it if we had actually accomplished something, but we did not. We made things worse, so I'm not jumping up and down demanding that we put boots on the ground again, and make the same stupid mistake we made last time. On top of that, if we do put boots on the ground, we better damn well be prepared to keep them there for the next 100 years, because those people cannot govern themselves. That is why dictators like Saddam Hussein and Assad have ruled over them.
If you do away with rules of engagement. Our troops could fight to win.

We will not do away with rules of engagement because we do not deem it acceptable to kill tens of thousands of people and just call them collateral damage.

Get back to me when you understand this CIC ROE's

Russia has launched a merciless blanket air campaign, backed by Kalibr cruise missiles fired from the Caspian and Mediterranean Seas, for the object of wiping the Islamic State's Syrian center of Raqqa off the map, DEBKAfile's military sources report.

Western and Middle East sources tracking the campaign since Friday, Nov. 20, report that at least 75 air sorties have been conducted and are systematically razing the town of 200,000 inhabitants 160km east of Aleppo, district by district, irrespective of civilian town dwellers.

Moscow wants the entire Middle East and Muslim world to see the price exacted for launching a terrorist attack on Russia after the downing of the Metrojet airliner that killed 224 people over Egyptian Sinai on Oct. 31.
Well Russia has sat on its hands for 5 years,ISIS made a big mistake with the bomb in the Russian plane......I agree with you Bripat!!!!!!!!........Russia has done the right thing,albeit only because they were attacked by ISIS..steven

Russia didnt sit on their hands. Putin was waiting for the moment. Putin knew exactly what was happening. We in the west trained Omar. Baghdadi's military man. Key killer was trained by us. Star pupil now fighting for ISIS. Directing ISIS.

You are only partly right,Putin did sit on his hands for fear of inciting ISIS to penetrate the Muslim states and countries surrounding Russia moreover was still sitting on his ass when he first started bombing Assad's enemies not ISIS.....The downing of the Russian Airliner has changed all that of course.....he is a Gung Ho Cowboy the fighter downed by Turkey proves that.
I agree the US and its allies should take some responsibility in creating ISIS and its hords,the US was so intent in toppling Sadam,that it left a void between the Sunnies and Shias,cleverly ISIS filled the vacuum left,who were so much worst than Saddam.....I would imagine that many in the Penagon are ruing the day they illegally entered the Sovreign nation of Iraq on a load of lies and BULLSHIT,for that is what it was.

With all due respect. Let me back you up here.

For a time being Obama and his so called pathetic "coalition of I don't care but I look like I'm doing something".

Putin knows his terrorists. His Chechens. #1 and #2 are ISIS commanders. Omar in particular. Shishani is the killer strategist that nailed Syria and Iraq down. In June or early July Bagdadi proclaimed the protest parts.

I really am getting tired of jerks on the board who try to knock off a real thread.

Well a Red Neck from Boston then...........I see you didn't deny it..........I'm theliq and Kick Red Neck Ass, Big Time because I can

internet-tough-guy.jpg

I bet my little sister could pound your ass into the pavement.

For a time being Obama and his so called pathetic "coalition of I don't care but I look like I'm doing something".

Putin knows his terrorists. His Chechens. #1 and #2 are ISIS commanders. Omar in particular. Shishani is the killer strategist that nailed Syria and Iraq down. In June or early July Bagdadi proclaimed the protest parts.

I really am getting tired of jerks on the board who try to knock off a real thread.
Well Russia completely destroyed the Chechnia but who did he put in power there,one of the most criminal murdering Chechens.....Putin is a fox,all those Americans supporting Putin should be sent there,soon wipe the smile of their faces,The irony I'd like answered is "why would people from a free and democratic country,admire a complete criminal despot...........It says much about the American psyche at the moment.REGRETTABLY

Well Russia completely destroyed the Chechnia but who did he put in power there,one of the most criminal murdering Chechens.....Putin is a fox,all those Americans supporting Putin should be sent there,soon wipe the smile of their faces,The irony I'd like answered is "why would people from a free and democratic country,admire a complete criminal despot...........It says much about the American psyche at the moment.REGRETTABLY
Agreeing with the tactics of killing ISIS, who is our enemy doesn't make us Putin Cheerleaders..................Some of us want the War directed to the correct place, which is to end the Caliphate and kill ISIS.................Destroying Assad and creating another vacuum like in Libya is Dumb Ass Policy, as is not taking out their supply lines..............BECAUSE OF ENVIORMENTAL HARM...............boo hoo............

To end this, we need to take the gloves off.............focus on ISIS and not Assad.........and end this mess..........Which with Obama isn't happening.

Forum List

Back