Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages for U.S. Troops 'Shameful' Read more

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
A Massachusetts law professor has created a campus firestorm with an email to colleagues that declares it would be "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops "who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."
Michael Avery, a professor at Suffolk University Law School, sent a five-paragraph email to colleagues in response to a school-wide appeal for care packages for deployed soldiers, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.
"I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings," Avery wrote.

Read more: Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

He should go fuck himself.

The Professor is entitled to his opinion.

God willing, rational, decent human beings will ignore it and tell him to go fuck himself.

A Massachusetts law professor has created a campus firestorm with an email to colleagues that declares it would be "shameful" to send care packages to U.S. troops "who have gone overseas to kill other human beings."
Michael Avery, a professor at Suffolk University Law School, sent a five-paragraph email to colleagues in response to a school-wide appeal for care packages for deployed soldiers, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reports.
"I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings," Avery wrote.

Read more: Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

probably the only one who would.

tumblrlmhyf8ycya1qcexby.jpg

God willing, rational, decent human beings will ignore it and tell him to go fuck himself.

YEs, if he said that, he can go fuck himself.

It does appear as though the story is accurate. There is a statement from the University, and several groups regarding the content of the email.

He apparently also objected to the University displaying the flag. I wonder if he understands that, if it wasn't for those warriors who he appears to despise, he perhaps would not have the freedom to make his obnoxious remarks.

Free speech. It's a funny thing.

YEs, if he said that, he can go fuck himself.

It does appear as though the story is accurate. There is a statement from the University, and several groups regarding the content of the email.

He apparently also objected to the University displaying the flag. I wonder if he understands that, if it wasn't for those warriors who he appears to despise, he perhaps would not have the freedom to make his obnoxious remarks.

Free speech. It's a funny thing.

I don't think I understood it well. Freedom guaranteed by war? Maybe I understood it wrong. Correct me if I did. Vietnam Helped on USA's freedom? Iraq and Afghanistan helped on USA's freedom? Did any nation (since the WW 2) attacked the american territory? The answer is NO. Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan: 3 wars that no one understands. Going out of USA and killing people, to get territories, oil or military access... does it guarantee freedom for anyone? Well, we can tell tha it guarantees disgraces for local populations.

Several things about the good professor that comes to mind here, one is that the young men and women that are overseas getting these care packages are there doing a job that not only defends his rights to make such comments but are also doing a job he himself does not have the courage to defend. Let me be clear, while one's ability to be able to speak as they wish given to them by the constitution and cherished by all is exercised daily in this nation and by the professor who teaches the very law it is based on, he fails to recognize that that constitution survives because for over 200 year's young men and women have defended it with their lives. their limbs and often times with little more than a thank you and sometimes not even that. So if the good professor had to defend the very rights he is exercising I am sure he would be the first to advocate for a care package.

Several things about the good professor that comes to mind here, one is that the young men and women that are overseas getting these care packages are there doing a job that not only defends his rights to make such comments but are also doing a job he himself does not have the courage to defend. Let me be clear, while one's ability to be able to speak as they wish given to them by the constitution and cherished by all is exercised daily in this nation and by the professor who teaches the very law it is based on, he fails to recognize that that constitution survives because for over 200 year's young men and women have defended it with their lives. their limbs and often times with little more than a thank you and sometimes not even that. So if the good professor had to defend the very rights he is exercising I am sure he would be the first to advocate for a care package.

I'm sorry, but I insist. It was not the men making wars that guaranteed the constitution. Clever leaders and an open minded people, tired of the old world's opression, did it. Wars can only kill democracy. Remember the napoleonic wars. The french revolution was already starting to sink... when the wars started, the republican revolution was destroyed and buried. USA has what is necessary to ensure freedom. There are no needs for wars.

Last edited:

He also wrote that sympathy for American troops in harm's way is "not particularly rational in today's world."

Yes, he should.

Maybe the US will get lucky and he'll get liver cancer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back