Mary Landrieu lying about her residence ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looks like it.

"Sen. Mary Landrieu Says She Lives With Her Parents, Raising Residency Questions"

Sen. Mary Landrieu lists her parents' Louisiana bungalow as her primary residence in the state, raising questions over whether she actually lives in the state. As The Washington Post reported Thursday, Landrieu owns a $2.5 million Washington home that she listed as her residence on a recent filing with the Federal Election Commission. But when she filed paperwork to qualify for the ballot she listed the New Orleans home on South Prieur Street where her parents still live.

As CNN notes, Republicans have already capitalized on the news. Landrieu is one of the endangered red state Democrats the GOP hopes to defeat as it attempts to win control of the Senate this fall. One of her opponents, Rep. Bill Cassidy, sent a fundraising email noting that the allegations aren't shocking "because Senator Landrieu has represented DC values for a long time.” Cassidy owns a home in Baton Rouge and a condominium in D.C.

RELATED: Obama Says 'We Don't Have A Strategy Yet' in Syria

In a statement, Landrieu countered that she has "lived at my home on Prieur Street most of my life and I live there now, when not fulfilling my duties in Washington or serving constituents across the state." And according to The Post, she along with all of her other siblings, owns a small stake in the property. But neighbors told The Post that they hardly ever see her around. And that adds Landrieu to a growing list of seemingly out-of-touch Washington types, like Texas Rep. Pete Sessions and Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts who might also be physically out-of-touch with the communities they represent.

This article was originally published at Sen. Mary Landrieu Says She Lives With Her Parents Raising Residency Questions - The Wire

Sen. Mary Landrieu Says She Lives With Her Parents Raising Residency Questions - Yahoo News

Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

Constituents expect their Democrat Senators to lie. They'd be heartbroken if she didn't and likely would unseat her in a primary, seizing the opportunity to give work to Our Kenyan President when His Royal Term expires.

Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

Constituents expect their Democrat Senators to lie. They'd be heartbroken if she didn't and likely would unseat her in a primary, seizing the opportunity to give work to Our Kenyan President when His Royal Term expires.

"Cassidy owns a home in Baton Rouge and a condominium in D.C."

Right in the OP dood. Didn't even have to click.
So how come it's OK for one party, not OK for the other?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Captain Obvious scuttles another specious thread. Arrrr.

So the question is, does she actually have a "primary" residence in her state that is separate than living in her parents basement ?

Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

Baby-facepalm.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

Is Pat Roberts a Democrat?

Pat Roberts, a three-term Republican senator from Kansas, lists on his voter registration a home in Dodge City owned by two donors, but lives in a home in Alexandria, Va.

He began paying the Rosses $300 a month to allow him to stay overnight with them occasionally.

“I have full access to the recliner,” the senator joked. Turning serious, he added, “Nobody knows the state better than I do.”

Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

Is Pat Roberts a Democrat?

Pat Roberts, a three-term Republican senator from Kansas, lists on his voter registration a home in Dodge City owned by two donors, but lives in a home in Alexandria, Va.

He began paying the Rosses $300 a month to allow him to stay overnight with them occasionally.

“I have full access to the recliner,” the senator joked. Turning serious, he added, “Nobody knows the state better than I do.”

Damn, I thought I had a sweet deal but I can't remember when I could get away with 300 a month.

Posted from my recliner, to which I have "full access"

Last edited:
Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

The home/s that you may or may not own is utterly irrelevant. It is where your PRIMARY residence lies that is the issue. AKA, where you live.

Corruption in Washington is a full time job for Democrats and they just have to live there for those payoffs in fat cat/lobbyist bucks. It is the reason they're elected afteral.

Now be fair!

She's a Democrat.

The home/s that you may or may not own is utterly irrelevant. It is where your PRIMARY residence lies that is the issue. AKA, where you live.

Of course.

And what I pointed out was that the OP spotlights one of two candidates using exactly the same setup, yet only sees a problem with one of them, based on the letter after her name. Double standard.

The OP doesn't even live within 1500 miles of the place; he has no issues to debate, just wants to whine about one candidate's residences, while his own link reveals her opponent does the same thing. Color me unimpressed. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back