Marxist Vegan Restaurant Goes Out of Business - I'm Shocked, Just Shocked!

Apples and oranges.
Large 'Co Ops' are ultimately run by directors voted for by the members.
Literally zero difference than a corporation with a board of directors voted in by the shareholders.

No, co-ops are not run for a profit motive, but for the advantage of its membership, where the corporation is run primarily for profit.

For example while a bank will likely charge the interest rates that the market and law will allow, credit unions only charge what they think covers their costs and risks, which is why I am in a credit union rather than a bankster union.

In the end it always has to come down to every group must have it's leaders> Apple.
The 'members' of the restaurant believed they could survive by running the business with a 'consensus' model.
Didn't work. Dosen't work. Never has worked. Never will work>Orange.

Oh, without a doubt, leadership evolved within the human race as a survival mechanism and ideological horse shit will never over come that simple shard from Reality.

Even in Communist countries there are always the 'leader class' to oversee the eventual collapse of the Communist model.
These 'leaders' live lives of opulence while the half starved masses line up for hours for a loaf of bread.
The FIRST thing any group of people does who find themselves in a survival situation is to identify a leader. It's human nature going back to the cave man days.
A few vegan man-bun' dopers all working 'hours of convenience' at a restaurant has once again proven the point.

Lol, it has with no doubt, but once again, the co-op as a business model is the most survivable for obvious reasons, and what this diner was doing was not really a co-op intended to survive but was a MARXIST social experiment doomed to very predictable failure.
I too am a Co Op member.
My yearly Co op financial statement for the last thirty years has always shown a nice fat profit margin.
The members invest and expect a gain on their investment comparable to what a conventional bank promises.
I don't see much daylight these days between a CoOp bank and a conventional bank.
Yes a few decades ago Co OPs were a slightly cheaper place to borrow money but not today. At least not with my Co Op.
The biggest newest fanciest tallest building near where I live is the Credit Union building.

That is all well and good but if you think that your co-op credit union is not any cheaper and.or more stable than a typical bank, you might consider moving your money elsewhere.

It can't be a vegan restaurant if they sell raw meat products and vegetarian products..So that much of the article and lead in are not lies, but a distortion of the facts...Since the opening begins with an untrue statement..You can't take the rest of the article at face value...So the truth was not told..

It can't be a vegan restaurant if the sell raw meat products and vegetarian products..So that much of the article and lead in are not lies, but a distortion of the facts...Since the opening begins with an untrue statement..You can't take the rest of the article at face value...So the truth was not told..

Lol, dude, get out more. They have a Vegan menu alongside the other options, and no one ever said that they were exclusively vegan.

It can't be a vegan restaurant if the sell raw meat products and vegetarian products..So that much of the article and lead in are not lies, but a distortion of the facts...Since the opening begins with an untrue statement..You can't take the rest of the article at face value...So the truth was not told..

Lol, dude, get out more. They have a Vegan menu alongside the other options, and no one ever said that they were exclusively vegan.
The way the intro header and body is written..It is trying to establish that fact...Which is fallacious at best...You don't state a fact with an untruth...How people speak and talk tell of their intention of their action and desire..
You should take some courses in psychology and logic..

Next, a Marxist restaurant? A restaurant is not a political entity...The management style is reflective of Japanese business management models...

The way the intro header and body is written..It is trying to establish that fact...Which is fallacious at best...You don't state a fact with an untruth...How people speak and talk tell of their intention of their action and desire..
You should take some courses in psychology and logic..

IT is described as a vegan diner in the same way that a diner that served buffalo meat might be described as a buffalo meat diner.

At no point is exclusivity implied. That is you passing judgement on the article based on your own peculiar interpretation of it as opposed to the intended meaning of it.

Apples and oranges.
Large 'Co Ops' are ultimately run by directors voted for by the members.
Literally zero difference than a corporation with a board of directors voted in by the shareholders.

No, co-ops are not run for a profit motive, but for the advantage of its membership, where the corporation is run primarily for profit.

For example while a bank will likely charge the interest rates that the market and law will allow, credit unions only charge what they think covers their costs and risks, which is why I am in a credit union rather than a bankster union.

In the end it always has to come down to every group must have it's leaders> Apple.
The 'members' of the restaurant believed they could survive by running the business with a 'consensus' model.
Didn't work. Dosen't work. Never has worked. Never will work>Orange.

Oh, without a doubt, leadership evolved within the human race as a survival mechanism and ideological horse shit will never over come that simple shard from Reality.

Even in Communist countries there are always the 'leader class' to oversee the eventual collapse of the Communist model.
These 'leaders' live lives of opulence while the half starved masses line up for hours for a loaf of bread.
The FIRST thing any group of people does who find themselves in a survival situation is to identify a leader. It's human nature going back to the cave man days.
A few vegan man-bun' dopers all working 'hours of convenience' at a restaurant has once again proven the point.

Lol, it has with no doubt, but once again, the co-op as a business model is the most survivable for obvious reasons, and what this diner was doing was not really a co-op intended to survive but was a MARXIST social experiment doomed to very predictable failure.
I too am a Co Op member.
My yearly Co op financial statement for the last thirty years has always shown a nice fat profit margin.
The members invest and expect a gain on their investment comparable to what a conventional bank promises.
I don't see much daylight these days between a CoOp bank and a conventional bank.
Yes a few decades ago Co OPs were a slightly cheaper place to borrow money but not today. At least not with my Co Op.
The biggest newest fanciest tallest building near where I live is the Credit Union building.

That is all well and good but if you think that your co-op credit union is not any cheaper and.or more stable than a typical bank, you might consider moving your money elsewhere.
Not to worry.
I keep very little money in my local Credit Union.
I do it more as a civic thing. Lots of my friends own local businesses and use Credit Union money.
Plus I get a nice calender every year.
Believe it or not I was just writing in some important dates on the calendar this morning.

Next, a Marxist restaurant? A restaurant is not a political entity...The management style is reflective of Japanese business management models...
Sine when is Marxism solely about politics, Mein Herr?

Co-ops used to be really good. It just takes people who really get into the work aspect.

Obviously they were a whimsical crew.
'Co Ops' never have worked. Unless there's someone who has the power to make final decisions.

But that means the co op isn't a Co op anymore. LOL
A distant family member and her husband bought into the whole 'Co Op' trip in the seventies.
Five couples. Four with young kids. Only my relation and her husband had 'good paying jobs'.
They sold their house. Stupidly put all their money into 'the pot'.
As they were the only people who could make any decent money it was decided among the 'community' they should continue to go to work and bring their pay cheques back to he 'community.
They soon discovered the other members were ALL fucking slack-ass dopers who did sweet fuck all all day besides fucking each others partners and 'make more babies'.
After a year of this bullshit my relations left the 'community.
It lasted another couple of months before the 'Takers' moved on to suck off someone else's teat.
Maggie Thatcher said: "Communism is a great idea until you run out of other people's money".
Ok you can go back to sleep now.

Forum List

Back