Marines to the rescue-in Dress Blues

Of course. They are marines in dress blues with all their medals. What the hell else would Marines do.

blah blah blah ...what??
I wore Blue Deltas for guard duty ....we never wore white trousers with Ds

The white is the summer version. They changed that back before I got out back in 2009.

The bus driver pulled over, what did you expect them to do?? They are not heros.

I'm sure they were republicans.
I expect them to do just what they did....that's what Republicans do...help people.

Dembot cutlist would have set their and did nothing, claiming the rain was racist....

the white trousers don't look good

I was not really a big fan of them myself. Some commandant wanted to make an impact and made the change. It is about the only think they have any control over

I was not really a big fan of them myself. Some commandant wanted to make an impact and made the change. It is about the only think they have any control over
..we were not issued Blues in the early 80s.....I was sent to Marine Barracks Hawaii, so we were issued Deltas--short sleeved shirt and blue trousers, and cover .....I bought a coat/jacket [ I forget what we called them ] to wear at my brother's wedding ..... ..but when I left Hawaii, I sold it

It is the uniform of the day for summer.

"Prior to 1998, the "Blue-White" dress uniform was authorized to be worn for the ceremonial units at Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C. (most famously the Silent Drill Platoon and Color guard). Since then, it has become the authorized summer dress uniform for all officers and SNCOs (unless they are in formation with personnel who are not authorized to wear the uniform). NCOs and junior enlisted personnel may only wear white trousers for ceremonies and social events, if authorized and provided by the command structure."

My son was on the Army's Burial Detail at Arlington National Cemetery for about 6 months and then served on the US Army Drill Team.

Forum List

Back