Marines Prostitute Attack: Leon Panetta Says 4 Marines Punished In Incident Last Year

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Maybe we shouldn't legalize prostitution here in the US, us yankees just don't know how to treat the working girls apparently.:dunno:

Marines Prostitute Attack: Leon Panetta Says 4 Marines Punished In Incident Last Year

romilda-ferreira.jpg

BRASILIA, Brazil — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Tuesday three Marines on a U.S. Embassy security team and one embassy staff member were punished for allegedly pushing a prostitute out of a car in Brasilia late last year after a dispute over payment.

The incident is similar, but unrelated, to the scandal involving Secret Service agents at the Summit of Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, before President Barack Obama arrived for a visit.

Panetta, speaking to reporters in Brasilia, says the Marines were pulled out of the country. Two had their ranks reduced. The embassy staffer was removed from his post.

Panetta said he had "no tolerance for that kind of conduct."

"Where it takes place you can be sure that we will act to make sure that they are punished and that that kind of behavior is not acceptable," he said.

According to a defense official, "there were at least two women with the Marines outside a nightclub." The official said it appears that one of the women started a fight in a vehicle, then she was removed from the car and when she tried to re-enter fell to the ground and was injured. The official also said that no charges were filed by Brazilian authorities.

Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen have run afoul of the locals for decades. Rape, murder, and various other criminal activities have been committed from Naples to Okinawa. What is different these days is the attention these things have received from the upper levels of the civilian leadership.

Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen have run afoul of the locals for decades. Rape, murder, and various other criminal activities have been committed from Naples to Okinawa. What is different these days is the attention these things have received from the upper levels of the civilian leadership.

True. I wouldn't have thrown that lady out of a car though, if you are going to pick up a prostitute just pay her for her services, otherwise just don't mess with them.

True. I wouldn't have thrown that lady out of a car though, if you are going to pick up a prostitute just pay her for her services, otherwise just don't mess with them.

I agree. I'm not condoning the behavior by saying it has been going on for decades. More of these incidents have more of an international impact than before, thus I guess the increased attention from the brass.

If the knucklehead SS agent had paid the hooker, we might not have heard about the Cartagena situation.

I agree. I'm not condoning the behavior by saying it has been going on for decades. More of these incidents have more of an international impact than before, thus I guess the increased attention from the brass.

If the knucklehead SS agent had paid the hooker, we might not have heard about the Cartagena situation.

Well he did pay her..but I am thinking it was a "currency" issue. In any case, the prostitutes in Colombia don't appear to be all that bright..as they took the money after the act..not before.

She was cute, though.

Oh I knew you weren't condoning their behavior, I just think us Yankees have trouble dealing with legal prostitutes because we are not used to it, here in the States if I sleep with a hooker and try to fuck her over on the price theres really not much she can do, she can't call the police report me, but in countries like Brazil and Colombia where prostitution is legal they can and they will, I think thats something our Military and apparently our Secret Service folks are struggling with.

Last edited:

Well he did pay her..but I am thinking it was a "currency" issue. In any case, the prostitutes in Colombia don't appear to be all that bright..as they took the money after the act..not before.

She was cute, though.

She took the money after probably because prostitution is legal there, she was just doing her job, its not like here in the US where she would have to hide in the shadows and work for a pimp.

Maybe we shouldn't legalize prostitution here in the US, us yankees just don't know how to treat the working girls apparently.:dunno:

romilda-ferreira.jpg

BRASILIA, Brazil — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Tuesday three Marines on a U.S. Embassy security team and one embassy staff member were punished for allegedly pushing a prostitute out of a car in Brasilia late last year after a dispute over payment.

The incident is similar, but unrelated, to the scandal involving Secret Service agents at the Summit of Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, before President Barack Obama arrived for a visit.

Panetta, speaking to reporters in Brasilia, says the Marines were pulled out of the country. Two had their ranks reduced. The embassy staffer was removed from his post.

Panetta said he had "no tolerance for that kind of conduct."

"Where it takes place you can be sure that we will act to make sure that they are punished and that that kind of behavior is not acceptable," he said.

According to a defense official, "there were at least two women with the Marines outside a nightclub." The official said it appears that one of the women started a fight in a vehicle, then she was removed from the car and when she tried to re-enter fell to the ground and was injured. The official also said that no charges were filed by Brazilian authorities.

"...yankees just don't know how to treat the working girls..."

Some folks do.....

"The promiscuous agenda was first unraveled in Jan. 1994 when The American Spectator published an article detailing claims by two Arkansas state troopers who facilitated extramarital affairs and claimed to have seen then-Gov. Bill Clinton in compromising positions with dozens of women....The Arkansas state troopers said they were often called upon to act as intermediaries to arrange and conceal Clinton's extramarital encounters. "
The Value of Women to Bill Clinton

Legal prostitution and topless beaches. I remember walking the beach in the Med and the dumbass Sailors (me included) would gawk at the tits like they were lost treasure or something.

Paying for services rendered is always the right thing to do. Ripping off a prostitute is like stealing from the local market or hamburgeseria. Not a good idea.

Legal prostitution and topless beaches. I remember walking the beach in the Med and the dumbass Sailors (me included) would gawk at the tits like they were lost treasure or something.

Paying for services rendered is always the right thing to do. Ripping off a prostitute is like stealing from the local market or hamburgeseria. Not a good idea.

Well that doesn't really surprise me, here in the States womens tits are always covered, and there are hardly any topless beaches here. When Sailors and Soldiers go to Europe and see that for the first time some of them are not going to know how to act.

Forum List

Back