Marcus Luttrell's Dog Murdered

obviously, you're the one who hasn't been keeping up.

You attacked dvdud for not being there ("who was not there") yet offering an opinion ("moralize about what they should or should not have done"). That applies to gezz as well. (i can't personally attest to his armchair being more or less comfortable than dvdud's.)

why don't you admit that you attacked dvdud because you disagree with his opinion, instead of pretending that your objection is to his not having been there?

i attacked him because he lied to support his personal attack. Questions?

no, i did not lie.

Post #6 from willowtree:
“i read it bones,, it pissed me off so bad.. Ever wonder how that mofo named murtha sleeps at night?”

she clearly intimated that what happened to lutrell and his seal team was somehow tied up with murtha.
I called her on it, and then she starts implying possible “memory malfunction”…but the implied possibility of memory loss was implied toward lutrell having the final say only, not about murtha.
bullshit bonzo, i started my whole converstation with bones with "the way i remember it.

she went on to say:
“the way i remember it marcus luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. he made the decision to let them live because of fear that murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the taliban of their presence. how many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? Sucks to be murtha.” yep!

now, this was in response to my already telling her she was incorrect about murtha…WRONG BONZO ANYONE WHO READS POST 6, 7, 8, AND 9 IN SEQUENCE WILL KNOW THAT YOUR ARE FLAT OUT LYING ABOUT THAT. at that point,no it wasn't bonzo it was in my original communication with bones instead of sticking her foot deeper into her mouth, willowtree could have refreshed her “memory” and looked it up, instead of attempting to defend her lie, and continuing to lie.
But she chose to continue to misrepresent the incident to smear murtha, and so i called her on it.
Then in subsequent posts she chose to get blatantly insulting toward me about the whole thing, name-calling and all that shit, so i put her in her place. Simple. you didn't put me anywhere bonzo. I repeatedly told ya to read the damn book and btw did you look at the clip i provided you,, start to finish? Welldidyahuh?
note: Not once did i call her names...i remained a gentleman, despite being called "jackass, moron"...etc.
But really-faulty memory, “technicality”, my ass. wasn't a technicality bonzo i really started my conversation with bones with iif i remember correctly. See bonzo? No technicality.

no wounds to lick here, gunny.

Now, i'll ask you the same thing i asked gary...since, same as gary, you essentially opened that door…

what is it you would suggest, gunny? That we tell our service personnel it's fine and dandy to kill innocent civilians whenever they see fit? That we just look the other way if and when they do? That we just give them a “blank check” and then allow atrocities to go unchallenged & unpunished if/when they occur?watch the film clip bonzo
is it your position that we should have no "rules of engagement"? “kill ‘em all, let god…"etc…?

As i pointed out previously, one of the goat herders was 14.
Fourteen…just a kid.
If the seals had decided to kill the two adults, they would have had to kill the fourteen year-old as well...so, are you saying that you would condone that type of conduct? Should we allow our troops to behave in a manner that we would absolutely condemn if others did it? and that's when i said you have to gall to say what should or should not have been done you weren't there in that situation watch the clip bonzo and read the book
is it ok if americans do it? Kill kids? Kill civilians?

in some cases yes it is.

Last edited:
Gezz is far from a "limp lilly [sic] liberal."

wasn't talking about Gezz.. keep up whydoncha?

Obviously, you're the one who hasn't been keeping up.

You attacked DvDud for not being there ("who was not there") yet offering an opinion ("moralize about what they should or should not have done"). That applies to Gezz as well. (I can't personally attest to his armchair being more or less comfortable than DvDud's.)

Why don't you admit that you attacked DvDud because you disagree with his opinion, instead of pretending that your objection is to his not having been there?

Did not! merely pointed out that it amuses the hell outta me for some dude sitting all comfy at home should have the gall to say what should or should not be done in a situation that means life or death for a whole bunch of people.

his book was excellent....i think a must read for all americans

I read it bones,, it pissed me off so bad.. ever wonder how that mofo named Murtha sleeps at night?

i remember when murtha was considered a friend to the armed forces....but you will note...the book takes place under the bush admin and they are the ones who ordered the men to stand down when the men felt like they had a good chance of chasing bin laden

i read this story earlier..they are lucky he didnt kill them...what jury would have found him guilty...the poor man is suffereing from what happen in afghanistan and now this....

I said the same thing-no jury would ever convict him-on another MB where this was being discussed...it was pointed out that, indeed, he potentially might be convicted based on the fact that chasing them down and then shooting them "in cold blood" would be a clear violation of the law.
Maybe, maybe not, but of course either way he'd be dragged thru the slime as a defendant in criminal court so good for him that he didn't lose it-those douchebags aren't worth it.
Damn shame the law can only give them 2 years, if that's accurate...seems to me there oughta be a way to stack other charges in there in addition to animal cruelty and run the sentences consecutively, or something.
That was a really mean and vicious thing to do-to anyone's pet.
Have they caught the other guy they were looking for yet, anyone know?

i remember when murtha was considered a friend to the armed forces....but you will note...the book takes place under the bush admin and they are the ones who ordered the men to stand down when the men felt like they had a good chance of chasing bin laden

The way I remember it Marcus Luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. He made the decision to let them live because of fear that Murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. Then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the Taliban of their presence. How many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? sucks to be Murtha.

Put in secquence so everyone can see you never corrected me as you said you did Doood

i attacked him because he lied to support his personal attack. Questions?

no, i did not lie.

Post #6 from willowtree:
“i read it bones,, it pissed me off so bad.. Ever wonder how that mofo named murtha sleeps at night?”

she clearly intimated that what happened to lutrell and his seal team was somehow tied up with murtha.
I called her on it, and then she starts implying possible “memory malfunction”…but the implied possibility of memory loss was implied toward lutrell having the final say only, not about murtha.
bullshit bonzo, i started my whole converstation with bones with "the way i remember it.

she went on to say:
“the way i remember it marcus luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. he made the decision to let them live because of fear that murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the taliban of their presence. how many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? Sucks to be murthayep!

now, this was in response to my already telling her she was incorrect about murtha…WRONG BONZO ANYONE WHO READS POST 6, 7, 8, AND 9 IN SEQUENCE WILL KNOW THAT YOUR ARE FLAT OUT LYING ABOUT THAT. at that point,no it wasn't bonzo it was in my original communication with bones instead of sticking her foot deeper into her mouth, willowtree could have refreshed her “memory” and looked it up, instead of attempting to defend her lie, and continuing to lie.
But she chose to continue to misrepresent the incident to smear murtha, and so i called her on it.
Then in subsequent posts she chose to get blatantly insulting toward me about the whole thing, name-calling and all that shit, so i put her in her place. Simple. you didn't put me anywhere bonzo. I repeatedly told ya to read the damn book and btw did you look at the clip i provided you,, start to finish? Welldidyahuh?
note: Not once did i call her names...i remained a gentleman, despite being called "jackass, moron"...etc.
But really-faulty memory, “technicality”, my ass. wasn't a technicality bonzo i really started my conversation with bones with iif i remember correctly. See bonzo? No technicality.

Now, i'll ask you the same thing i asked gary...since, same as gary, you essentially opened that door…

what is it you would suggest, gunny? That we tell our service personnel it's fine and dandy to kill innocent civilians whenever they see fit? That we just look the other way if and when they do? That we just give them a “blank check” and then allow atrocities to go unchallenged & unpunished if/when they occur?watch the film clip bonzo
is it your position that we should have no "rules of engagement"? “kill ‘em all, let god…"etc…?

Fourteen…just a kid.
If the seals had decided to kill the two adults, they would have had to kill the fourteen year-old as well...so, are you saying that you would condone that type of conduct? Should we allow our troops to behave in a manner that we would absolutely condemn if others did it? and that's when i said you have to gall to say what should or should not have been done you weren't there in that situation watch the clip bonzo and read the book

in some cases yes it is.

"wasn't a technicality bonzo i really started my conversation with bones with iif i remember correctly. See bonzo? No technicality."

OK, post #9 was still directed to StrollingBones, and it was at THAT point that I called you on it.
It was still an incorrect and inflammatory comment made on a public message board, WillowTree, so it's fair to call you on it...and I did.
You obviously don't like Murtha...you're certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't give you carte blanche to go around insinuating he got a team of Navy SEALs killed.
And who you directed what to doesn't change the gist of the conversation...you lied because you wanted to smear Murtha.
Essentially, you are trying to say it's Murtha's fault those SEALs were killed.
Admitting that is in fact NOT accurate would be the HONEST thing to do.

BTW, Willow, in reference to your opinion on killing children/civilians-"in some cases yes it is"-in what cases would you personally look the other way at killing a fourteen year-old kid?
In what cases would you yourself be willing to pull the trigger?

no, i did not lie.

Post #6 from willowtree:

she went on to say:
“the way i remember it marcus luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. he made the decision to let them live because of fear that murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the taliban of their presence. how many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? Sucks to be murthayep!

Fourteen…just a kid.

in some cases yes it is.

"wasn't a technicality bonzo i really started my conversation with bones with iif i remember correctly. See bonzo? No technicality."

OK, post #9 was still directed to StrollingBones, and it was at THAT point that I called you on it.
It was still an incorrect and inflammatory comment made on a public message board, WillowTree, so it's fair to call you on it...and I did.
You obviously don't like Murtha...you're certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't give you carte blanche to go around insinuating he got a team of Navy SEALs killed.
And who you directed what to doesn't change the gist of the conversation...you lied because you wanted to smear Murtha.

BTW, Willow, in reference to your opinion on killing children/civilians-"in some cases yes it is"-in what cases would you personally look the other way at killing a fourteen year-old kid?

bullshit bonzo, I've already explained to you that I described it as "If I remember correctly" from the beginning.. so I didn't remember correctly, that dosen't make it a purposeful lie. You are right about one thing. I hate and despise Murtha,, for the way he's talked about our military. and yep I would pull the trigger on a fourteen year old if I thought he would bring about the death of me and my men.. did ya watch the video or read the book.. so according to your facts. the seal episode was in 2005, Murtha made his comments in 2006, Lone Survivor was published in 2007, so I can see how my mind meshed the events,, can you? Nope I bet not. I bet you cannot see yourself killing a 14 year old with an oozie either can ya? Did ya watch the video yet????

no, i did not lie.

Post #6 from willowtree:

she went on to say:

Fourteen…just a kid.

in some cases yes it is.

Essentially,
you are trying to say it's Murtha's fault those SEALs were killed.
Admitting that is in fact NOT accurate would be the HONEST thing to do. HEY DUMMIE WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS TRYING TO SAY HERE ? "He very well be correct. As I may or may not have mentioned I stated it was the way I remember it.. along with Murtha's outrageous accusations that our soldeirs murdered and raped"

''

in some cases yes it is.

bullshit bonzo, I've already explained to you that I described it as "If I remember correctly" from the beginning.. so I didn't remember correctly, that dosen't make it a purposeful lie. You are right about one thing. I hate and despise Murtha,, for the way he's talked about our military. and yep I would pull the trigger on a fourteen year old if I thought he would bring about the death of me and my men.. did ya watch the video or read the book.. so according to your facts. the seal episode was in 2005, Murtha made his comments in 2006, Lone Survivor was published in 2007, so I can see how my mind meshed the events,, can you? Nope I bet not. I bet you cannot see yourself killing a 14 year old with an oozie either can ya? Did ya watch the video yet????

I have a 13 year-old I'd like to kill sometimes but NO, I wouldn't kill a kid...it would take some pretty extraordinary circumstances for me to do something like that.
I suppose that, in a combat situation, if some kid was coming at ME with a loaded firearm and the clear intent to kill me I might-put it this way, I can't say that I WOULDN'T-but that isn't what happened with Lutrell's SEAL team.
As I've stated, I think they should have aborted their mission and detained the shepherds until they could get outta there.

And it looks to me like we should be thankful that we have people like Murtha and others who advocate oversight-and people like those SEALs who had the moral compasses to choose NOT to take innocent lives...if we looked at things the way some of you apparently do, judging from comments I've seen on this thread and on message boards in general, we could quickly lose our collective moral compasses and become worse than those we call "the enemy".

I have a 13 year-old I'd like to kill sometimes but NO, I wouldn't kill a kid...it would take some pretty extraordinary circumstances for me to do something like that.
I suppose that, in a combat situation, if some kid was coming at ME with a loaded firearm and the clear intent to kill me I might-put it this way, I can't say that I WOULDN'T-but that isn't what happened with Lutrell's SEAL team.
As I've stated, I think they should have aborted their mission and detained the shepherds until they could get outta there.
And it looks to me like we should be thankful that we have people like Murtha and others who advocate oversight-and people like those SEALs who had the moral compasses to choose NOT to take innocent lives...if we looked at things the way some of you apparently do, judging from comments I've seen on this thread and on message boards in general, we could quickly lose our collective moral compasses and become worse than those we call "the enemy".

Course you would say that, cause you weren't there and it's oh so damn easy to make those decisions when your life's not on the line innit? And you can thank god for people like Murtha,, I never will. What I will thank god for is that we have sailors, soldiers, marines and seals and special ops guys to keep us safe and not the likes of you librals,, did ya watch the video.. hooray for Marcus! btw,, how many kids to you think the terrorist either train to be terrorists or use as human shields.. I'm betting you are fine with that. :lol:

You attacked DvDud for not being there ("who was not there") yet offering an opinion ("moralize about what they should or should not have done"). That applies to Gezz as well. (I can't personally attest to his armchair being more or less comfortable than DvDud's.)

Why don't you admit that you attacked DvDud because you disagree with his opinion, instead of pretending that your objection is to his not having been there?

I attacked him because he lied to support his personal attack. Questions?

Yes. Where are the lies in DvDud's argument?

I guess truth, like beauty, lies only in the eyes of beholders?
(very bad pun intended!)

Really? No, the lie is in his own words. But then, you can see that if you scroll up and read my responses to him.

(very bad pun intended!)

Really? No, the lie is in his own words. But then, you can see that if you scroll up and read my responses to him.

I've read all the responses on this thread so far. Seems to me that the willingness to discuss this situation doesn't go much further than *&#$@!! Murtha and #%$&*!! liberals.

And there are other inaccuracies due to certain posters' inability to correctly recall facts, which is one thing in face-to-face, casual conversations, but puzzling on a MB where, one would assume, all posters have access to search tools they can utilize to prevent their making incorrect statements.

NO, I did NOT lie.

Post #6 from WillowTree:
“I read it bones,, it pissed me off so bad.. ever wonder how that mofo named Murtha sleeps at night?”

She clearly intimated that what happened to Lutrell and his SEAL team was somehow tied up with Murtha.
I called her on it, and THEN she starts implying possible “memory malfunction”…but the implied possibility of memory loss was implied toward Lutrell having the final say only, NOT about Murtha.

She went on to say:
“The way I remember it Marcus Luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. He made the decision to let them live because of fear that Murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. Then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the Taliban of their presence. How many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? sucks to be Murtha

Now, this was in response to my already telling her she was incorrect about Murtha…at that point, instead of sticking her foot deeper into her mouth, WillowTree COULD have refreshed her “memory” and looked it up, instead of attempting to defend her lie, and continuing to lie.
But she chose to continue to misrepresent the incident to smear Murtha, and so I called her on it.
Then in subsequent posts she chose to get blatantly insulting toward me about the whole thing, name-calling and all that shit, so I put her in her place. Simple.
Note: not ONCE did I call her names...I remained a gentleman, despite being called "jackass, moron"...etc.
But really-faulty memory, “technicality”, my ass.

No wounds to lick here, Gunny.

Now, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Gary...since, same as Gary, YOU essentially opened that door…

What is it YOU would suggest, Gunny? That we tell our service personnel it's fine and dandy to kill innocent civilians whenever they see fit? That we just look the other way if and when they do? That we just give them a “blank check” and then allow atrocities to go unchallenged & unpunished if/when they occur?
Is it your position that we should have NO "Rules of Engagement"? “Kill ‘em all, let God…"etc…?

As I pointed out previously, one of the goat herders was 14.
FOURTEEN…just a kid.
If the SEALs had decided to kill the two adults, they would have had to kill the fourteen year-old as well...so, are you saying that you would condone that type of conduct? Should we allow our troops to behave in a manner that we would absolutely condemn if others did it?
Is it OK if AMERICANS do it? Kill kids? Kill civilians?

Wrong answer dude. Post number 6 doesn't make the connection you made. You had to assume a LOT to make that connection.

Her next response to you begins "The way I remember it .....

You then tried to twist the words around and tailor them to suit your baseless personal attack.

Either you lied, or you can't read. Take your pick. You got plenty of woulds to lick and I'm just going to pile them on.

Don't put words in my mouth. Just because I don't agree with you wanting to armchair quarterback and impose a set of morals on our troops Christ himself would be proud of doesn't mean I'm 100% to the opposite extreme.

I find it hypocritical as Hell that you lefties scream and whine about the right trying to impose its morals on you while you're busy doing the same damned thing.

I have already stated that in their position I would have tied the shepherds up and left them there. I don't condone murder. I also don't condone cutting my own throat.

no, i did not lie.

Post #6 from willowtree:

she went on to say:

Fourteen…just a kid.

in some cases yes it is.

It's fair to call her on what she says. It's not fair to make a connection on an assumption to build a strawman in order to call her on somethign she DIDN'T say.

No, we shouldn't have people like Murtha. That moron wrongly accused 7 Marines of murder and has YET to apologize for it. Just like you, he made an accusation with no evidence to back it up.

That's not oversight. It's lying.

Look at what that moral compass cost those SEALS. You talk a good game. One thing I've noticed, is it's always those that have never been in any such situation that talk all this overly-moralistic bullshit.

What you call a moral compass is a weakness to an enemy that observes no such notions and is more than happy to exploit it.

NO, I did NOT lie.

Post #6 from WillowTree:
“I read it bones,, it pissed me off so bad.. ever wonder how that mofo named Murtha sleeps at night?”

She clearly intimated that what happened to Lutrell and his SEAL team was somehow tied up with Murtha.
I called her on it, and THEN she starts implying possible “memory malfunction”…but the implied possibility of memory loss was implied toward Lutrell having the final say only, NOT about Murtha.

She went on to say:
“The way I remember it Marcus Luttrell was the final say on whether or not to kill the shepards. He made the decision to let them live because of fear that Murtha would have them prosecuted for murder. Then of course just like he figured they would the shepards ran and told the Taliban of their presence. How many seals died because they were afraid to be prosecuted for murder? I forget was it ten.? sucks to be Murtha

Now, this was in response to my already telling her she was incorrect about Murtha…at that point, instead of sticking her foot deeper into her mouth, WillowTree COULD have refreshed her “memory” and looked it up, instead of attempting to defend her lie, and continuing to lie.
But she chose to continue to misrepresent the incident to smear Murtha, and so I called her on it.
Then in subsequent posts she chose to get blatantly insulting toward me about the whole thing, name-calling and all that shit, so I put her in her place. Simple.
Note: not ONCE did I call her names...I remained a gentleman, despite being called "jackass, moron"...etc.

Now, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Gary...since, same as Gary, YOU essentially opened that door…

What is it YOU would suggest, Gunny? That we tell our service personnel it's fine and dandy to kill innocent civilians whenever they see fit? That we just look the other way if and when they do? That we just give them a “blank check” and then allow atrocities to go unchallenged & unpunished if/when they occur?
Is it your position that we should have NO "Rules of Engagement"? “Kill ‘em all, let God…"etc…?

FOURTEEN…just a kid.
If the SEALs had decided to kill the two adults, they would have had to kill the fourteen year-old as well...so, are you saying that you would condone that type of conduct? Should we allow our troops to behave in a manner that we would absolutely condemn if others did it?

Wrong answer dude. Post number 6 doesn't make the connection you made. You had to assume a LOT to make that connection.

You then tried to twist the words around and tailor them to suit your baseless personal attack.

Either you lied, or you can't read. Take your pick. You got plenty of woulds to lick and I'm just going to pile them on.

Don't put words in my mouth. Just because I don't agree with you wanting to armchair quarterback and impose a set of morals on our troops Christ himself would be proud of doesn't mean I'm 100% to the opposite extreme.

I find it hypocritical as Hell that you lefties scream and whine about the right trying to impose its morals on you while you're busy doing the same damned thing.

I have already stated that in their position I would have tied the shepherds up and left them there. I don't condone murder. I also don't condone cutting my own throat.

Doesn't actually take much assuming when reading a line of type in which two thoughts are connected by a couple of dots.

And how is DvDud 'armchair quarterbacking' but not Gezz? Gezz wasn't there, either, yet he, too, offered an opinion on the situation.

(very bad pun intended!)

I've read all the responses on this thread so far. Seems to me that the willingness to discuss this situation doesn't go much further than *&#$@!! Murtha and #%$&*!! liberals.

And there are other inaccuracies due to certain posters' inability to correctly recall facts, which is one thing in face-to-face, casual conversations, but puzzling on a MB where, one would assume, all posters have access to search tools they can utilize to prevent their making incorrect statements.

Murtha sucks. Sorry if you don't like that opinion, but he does.

Some people like to converse without having to back up everything they say with 3 links. Cut-n-paste back and forth arguments are boring.

The "inaccuracy" began when one person chose to make a connection that does not exist and build a strawman to go on the personal attack. If someone caveats a statement with "IIRC ..." then that person is telling you up front they are unsure of their memory.

There's nothing puzzling about it at all.

NO, I did NOT lie.

Post #6 from WillowTree:

She went on to say:

FOURTEEN…just a kid.

Doesn't actually take much assuming when reading a line of type in which two thoughts are connected by a couple of dots.

And how is DvDud 'armchair quarterbacking' but not Gezz? Gezz wasn't there, either, yet he, too, offered an opinion on the situation.

Wow. Talk about your deflections. I didn't say anyone was not entitled to their opinion. Just as I am entitled to pick and choose who I wish to disagree with.

See how that works?

Murtha sucks. Sorry if you don't like that opinion, but he does.

Some people like to converse without having to back up everything they say with 3 links. Cut-n-paste back and forth arguments are boring.

The "inaccuracy" began when one person chose to make a connection that does not exist and build a strawman to go on the personal attack. If someone caveats a statement with "IIRC ..." then that person is telling you up front they are unsure of their memory.

Championing conversing without having to "back up everything they say" is another way of saying it's okay to hold opinions based on fallacies.

And the connection in this case does exist. The two comments aren't located in two different documents or two different paragraphs. No one had to make a leap to connect two phrases joined by a couple of dots.

i've read all the responses on this thread so far. Seems to me that the willingness to discuss this situation doesn't go much further than *&#$@!! Murtha and #%$&*!! Liberals.

And there are other inaccuracies due to certain posters' inability to correctly recall facts, which is one thing in face-to-face, casual conversations, but puzzling on a mb where, one would assume, all posters have access to search tools they can utilize to prevent their making incorrect statements.

murtha sucks. Sorry if you don't like that opinion, but he does.

The "inaccuracy" began when one person chose to make a connection that does not exist and build a strawman to go on the personal attack. If someone caveats a statement with "iirc ..." then that person is telling you up front they are unsure of their memory.

championing conversing without having to "back up everything they say" is another way of saying it's okay to hold opinions based on fallacies.

And the connection in this case does exist. The two comments aren't located in two different documents or two different paragraphs. No one had to make a leap to connect two phrases joined by a couple of dots.

f is for fail fool

Here's the rest of the story...

The target for Operation Red Wing, Mohammad Ismail alias Ahmad Shah, survived the American operation but was killed during a firefight with Pakistani police in the Northwest Frontier Province in April of 2008.

Ah, those heroic Pakistani police....

Forum List

Back