Map of broken brain networks shows why people lose speech in language-based dementia

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
For the first time, Northwestern Medicine scientists have pinpointed the location of dysfunctional brain networks that lead to impaired sentence production and word finding in primary progressive aphasia (PPA), a form of dementia in which patients often lose their language rather than their memory or thought process.

With this discovery, the scientists have drawn a map that illustrates three regions in the brain that fail to talk to each another, inhibiting a person's speech production, word finding and word comprehension. For example, some people can't connect words to form sentences, others can't name objects or understand single words like "cow" or "table."
Map of broken brain networks shows why people lose speech in language-based dementia

Awesome. Now that it has been identified, I wonder how soon it will be before they see some progress with therapy.

For the first time, Northwestern Medicine scientists have pinpointed the location of dysfunctional brain networks that lead to impaired sentence production and word finding in primary progressive aphasia (PPA), a form of dementia in which patients often lose their language rather than their memory or thought process.

With this discovery, the scientists have drawn a map that illustrates three regions in the brain that fail to talk to each another, inhibiting a person's speech production, word finding and word comprehension. For example, some people can't connect words to form sentences, others can't name objects or understand single words like "cow" or "table."

Awesome. Now that it has been identified, I wonder how soon it will be before they see some progress with therapy.
What therapy, this is the brain remember, also the language centers of the brain were discovered long ago not recently.

What therapy, this is the brain remember, also the language centers of the brain were discovered long ago not recently.
This was listed in the article.
https://neurostar.com/neurostar-tms...DuRPlS22-DMBmIVToAOUKq7WGpOUp7MhoC-7sQAvD_BwE

https://neurostar.com/neurostar-tms...DuRPlS22-DMBmIVToAOUKq7WGpOUp7MhoC-7sQAvD_BwE
So a brain location for fading speech was just located and instantly there is a depression drug available for the Alzheimer's situation. Drug approval just does not work that way. Does it girls

Yea don't believe everything you read kid

So a brain location for fading speech was just located and instantly there is a depression drug available for the Alzheimer's situation. Drug approval just does not work that way. Does it girls

Did you read the article? It doesn't sound like it.

It sounds like you do not understand the drug approval process in the USA

Number one--it's not a drug. Start there. Go back and read the article. If you can't be bothered to read and I am prohibited from posting anymore from the article then you are simply wasting my time so that you can be obnoxious. I don't have time for your nonsense.

Number one--it's not a drug. Start there. Go back and read the article. If you can't be bothered to read and I am prohibited from posting anymore from the article then you are simply wasting my time so that you can be obnoxious. I don't have time for your nonsense.
Whoop the fact is that you went from a new brain map of Alzheimer's speech degeneration to a depression treatment that has been used over a million times.

Are you getting this treatment? If not you might want to give it a try.

I knew this was bs, just wish I knew how, must be amnesia or something

Whoop the fact is that you went from a new brain map of Alzheimer's speech degeneration to a depression treatment that has been used over a million times.

Ok. You're done. Bye, bitch.

Ok. You're done. Bye, bitch.
You were done before you started...……………..

See you in Berlin

Forum List

Back