Many Obama 2008 supporters defecting to GOP!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
That's ashame.

Poll: Many Obama 2008 supporters defecting to GOP - USATODAY.com

obamasorryyet.jpg

Better late than never?

Yeah, right.

If you never Stand for anything?

You WILL fall for anything,

and the opposite isn't always the better solution ~

it's just the OTHER extreme.

Last edited:
President Barack Obama’s approval rating among Jewish voters has fallen six points in just seven months, and a surprisingly strong 33 percent of those surveyed say the nation would be better off with a Republican-led Congress, according to a just-released poll of Jewish voters by the American Jewish Committee.

That suggests one of the strongest pillars of the Democratic base is weakening just weeks before critical congressional midterm elections that are expected to result in strong GOP gains.

“A 51 percent positive rating for a Democratic president among Jews is, frankly, terrible,” said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato. .

?Gloom? Factor Sinks Obama?s Standing With Jewish Voters | The Jewish Week

President Barack Obama’s approval rating among Jewish voters has fallen six points in just seven months, and a surprisingly strong 33 percent of those surveyed say the nation would be better off with a Republican-led Congress, according to a just-released poll of Jewish voters by the American Jewish Committee.

That suggests one of the strongest pillars of the Democratic base is weakening just weeks before critical congressional midterm elections that are expected to result in strong GOP gains.

“A 51 percent positive rating for a Democratic president among Jews is, frankly, terrible,” said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato. .

Sadly that 51% is exceeded only by the approval rating in the black community. I apologize for my co-religionists' stupidity in supporting this guy to begin with and any continued support they offer.

Sadly that 51% is exceeded only by the approval rating in the black community. I apologize for my co-religionists' stupidity in supporting this guy to begin with and any continued support they offer.

Who individuals choose to vote for or support is not your place to apologize for. Strikes me as arrogant as hell to think that Jewish people, like any other group, should all vote the same way.

This is an opinion that could have been written in some High School newspaper/publication:​

"President Barack Obama's winning coalition from 2008 has crumbled and his core backers are dispirited. It's now Republicans who stand to benefit from an electorate that's again craving change.

Nearly two years after putting Obama in the White House, one-quarter of those who voted for the Democrat are defecting to the GOP or considering voting against the party in power this fall. Just half of them say they definitely will show up Nov. 2, according to an Associated Press-Knowledge Networks poll released two weeks before Obama's first midterm elections.

Yet in a reflection of broad dissatisfaction with politics, just as many people who backed Republican presidential nominee John McCain are either supporting Democrats now or still considering how to vote.

To find out how the electorate's political views have changed since the 2008 election, the AP and Knowledge Networks re-interviewed the same 1,254 people who were part of a random sample of Americans surveyed up to 11 times throughout the 2008 campaign by the two organizations and Yahoo News."
I wish Ms. Sidoti well, in her career.....but, such a generalized/shot-in-the-dark-opinion is more-befitting of a college-freshman.....who forgot to show-up for classes, after staying-up the entire-night (before) watching re-runs of "The Real World" with get_involved.

:rolleyes:

WARNING: Children & the maturity-arrested should not play with politics.

Last edited:
Better late than never?

Yeah, right.

If you never Stand for anything?

You WILL fall for anything,

and the opposite isn't always the better solution ~

it's just the OTHER extreme.
Gee.....how profound.

:rolleyes:

Who individuals choose to vote for or support is not your place to apologize for. Strikes me as arrogant as hell to think that Jewish people, like any other group, should all vote the same way.

The word is "whom."
Anyway, Jews are known to be smart. How could they support someone with no experience and a demonstrated history of friendliness to Arabs?

Baffles me as well. And while I agree with CG in principle, the reality is that candidates have to sell their platforms to certain demographics. I believe the reason the GOP hasn't reached out more to minorities is that it is not cost effective. They generally vote in blocs (and harrass and ridicule anyone who crosses party lines). Sad but true.

Forum List

Back