Man's Best Friend

Originally posted by Johnney
just how many different racial threads do we need to feed the trolls anyway?
this is at least the third one, and THIS one has to do with dogs. getting kind of retarded now i think.
Johnney I raised rotties & believe it or not I found dogs to be very racial... My male who weighed in at 165lb love kids but if a black man walked by he would go crazy. I asked the vet about this & he told me Dogs only see in 1 color so if they dont reconize the other shade they attak out of fear of the un known... A black man's dog that is only around blacks will do the same to a white person....so racism I dont think so it is simply the fear of the unknown
Jeff

i still believe its how the dog is raised/ trained. ive known pitbulls that were big babies and lap dogs, and ive known keesh hounds and smaller that were mean ass little bastards.

hell i have a boston that would sooner sleep on you all day than actually get up and run from you.

Originally posted by Johnney
i still believe its how the dog is raised/ trained. ive known pitbulls that were big babies and lap dogs, and ive known keesh hounds and smaller that were mean ass little bastards.

hell i have a boston that would sooner sleep on you all day than actually get up and run from you.
with out a doubt it is how ya raise them ...hell I had a female rott that Janeen or Jim can tell you about her her biggest problem was she thought her 120lbs was to lay in your lap....but she also knew when a black man was around....when I was around it was fine but if was working tyrone better stay out of the yard!!!
Now my male (165)n lbs hated blacks ...I asked the vet about it & he said it was there vission....seems he got use to seeing nothing but white so a black man looked like a alein to him
Jeff

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
while dogs may, technically, be color blind they are still able to differentiate in many shades of white, gray, and black. It would be no problem for a dog to determine who's black, white, or brown.

DK, looks like you are right on this one, I'm sorry

Picture proof of a racist dog:

http://uptown.jengajam.com/racist.jpg

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
while dogs may, technically, be color blind they are still able to differentiate in many shades of white, gray, and black. It would be no problem for a dog to determine who's black, white, or brown.

you are very correct ... but if a dog is only to see gray then gets a a glimpse of another color it takes it as a threat....unless any or all of you can show me diffrent I will stick with what many vets have told me
Jeff

ps . did you also know certain breeds live to please there Master,this makes it possible for them to like or dislike ppl you dont....this can also be backed by Janeen ...she kept my Rott for a couple of weeks & a friend of her hubbies came over....the dog wouldnt let him out of his seat....you guessed it I couldnt stand this guy
Jeff

Hey Jeff, none of the dogs liked Greg!!!! hahaha!

And yes, your are correct about the vision. A dog does get used to one color, they see black and white. If you remember Dorian and Mike, they are a black family and had a rather HUGE rottie too, fine with the family, I went over there, went out back and thought I was going to get eaten, I am white.

It's pretty lame after a while though, that now dogs are being used in racial problems. I guess it's never going to end.

I dont always agree with Big D's comments but unile most of you whinning fucks he does try & prove his theory with a link!!!( of course for you lilly white asses it must be a false link) & no I dont have a link about Dogs being racisit ..I have
lived long enough on this planet to know that a dog is somewhat color blind & if the dog is never around a white person then it would fear that shade....( kind of like a real man) If you had seen a green man you might just take action to protect what is yours.
Further more to bash Big D is the stupid's thing I have ever heard, why are his views of less importance then anyone elses??
To finish this letter I will say it is simple if ya dont believe in Big D's theory ignore it but dont be so god damn stupid & try to put him down for it!!!! I see alot of the same ppl going on about how Bush is a nazi...( to me this is something we ought to argue!!!!)
So please ppl please lets try & act at least 16!!
This board is here to have adult disagreements ( witch I have failed at many times) but I usally do cause one of you Big D haters Has acted like a asshole again!!!
Jeff

Being married to a dog trainer, just a couple of observations.

1 Dogs are color blind but just as in black and white photos there are shades and they do recognize different shades.

2 The fact that the dog bit a black child does not in any way mean that the trainer programmed the dog to bite blacks.

3 Dogs in gerneral form their opinions based on sensory facts. Maybe it is smell, a funny hat, a beard or any of a number of things they perceive as "different" from what they might come in contact with on a day to day basis.

4 People who are afraid of dogs tend to act nervously around them and that in turn makes the dogs nervous. It has been my experience that most dogs dont bite because they are mean, but rather because they are scared or concerned about something.

5 If they choose to put this dog to sleep, they should be shot.

Originally posted by Jeff & Laura

This board is here to have adult disagreements ( witch I have failed at many times) but I usally do cause one of you Big D haters Has acted like a asshole again!!!
Jeff

Thanks
The personal attacks don't bother me, they are a sign that a person is scared or knows that there wrong.

I just wish that some of the people on here would do at least a little research before they made there comments.

C'mon people - the dog is a German Shephard!

Of course it is a racist - it buys into the Aryan master race concept.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by wonderwench
C'mon people - the dog is a German Shephard!

Of course it is a racist - it buys into the Aryan master race concept.

:rolleyes:
the last rott I had was a german Rott he wasnt racist at all he was raised around both black & white
But what the fuck why try to have a educated discussion....ok ww if we dont agree with you than we must be a racist .....that s ok I didnt excpect much more
Jeff
p.s. this does get very old I havent stated I was a racist but I must tell you it is ppl like you that make me wonder

J&L - please check your sarcasm detector.

Originally posted by wonderwench
J&L - please check your sarcasm detector.
thats cute I like it" smile" but the fact still remains ww I never put a racist spin on this thread at all.... I just simply explained as a few diffrent vets had explained to me...so I guess here in Atl or SC all vets must be card holders for the KKK?
Jeff

I can't believe that the article in the initial post was real. She wanted the dog put to sleep? Was that all there was to it? No investigation into how the dog could have possibly gotten that way?

There is no way a dog would just decide "You know what? I don't think I like black people. I think I'll start biting them." There has to be some other factors, and this link that Big D posted explained it well.

Forum List

Back