Man's Best Friend

That's too bad!!! hate to hear stories like that about an animal, the dog was only doing his job in my eyes!

the DOG only knows what some HUMAN taught him.....too bad the dog has to suffer for the trainers views... reguardless of why...twice is once to many for a dog to attack a child...my only wish is that the trainer should suffer the same fate as the poor dog.

I believe dogs are for the most part color blind. The spectrum of colors they see are not like humans. They differentiate many things based on smell. Is this woman saying that blacks smell different than white people? I wish someone would put her down.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I believe dogs are for the most part color blind. The spectrum of colors they see are not like humans. They differentiate many things based on smell. Is this woman saying that blacks smell different than white people? I wish someone would put her down.

while dogs may, technically, be color blind they are still able to differentiate in many shades of white, gray, and black. It would be no problem for a dog to determine who's black, white, or brown.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
while dogs may, technically, be color blind they are still able to differentiate in many shades of white, gray, and black. It would be no problem for a dog to determine who's black, white, or brown.

Please, the dogs least used sense is the ability to differentiate colors. They mostly use movement and smell to make their decisions. There's been zilch shown to lead anyone to believe this dog did anything based on black/white.

I'm tired of hearing blacks constantly play the race card. To cry racism yet again and call for a dogs death is ludicrous and a waste of time.

Look at the dogs history of aggressiveness. If he's deemed unsafe, relieve him of his duties and use another dog. Calling for his death as a racist is moronic. Calling for her death for perpetuating this bullshit is less moronic.

Am I the only one, or does anyone else see the absolute stupidity here! Come on a racist dog ? Give me a break !

You know it is stuff like this that keeps racism alive and well in this country !

Amazing when you have to now turn to a DOG for racist issues!!!

This is the type of story that shows the mindset of the many people who are like DK and Jon.

Jon shows true ignorance by stating that " The DOG only knows what some HUMAN taught him".

If this dog would have bit two white children, race would have never been a issue. If this dog would have bitten ten white children, race would still not have been a issue. It would have just been a dog that bites children.

This case is stupid, not because of the idea of a dog being racist, but because of how it's been blown out of proportion. Police dogs are taught to be vicious. I have no idea if this dog is "singling out black children" to attack. Clearly something is wrong with this dog if he's biting people without provocation.

I have a dog, and have been around dogs of all shapes and sizes all my life. My best guess is this dog is aggressive by nature and was set off somehow by these two children, chances are the fact the both children were black is coincidental. The dog probably should be retired, not because of "racism" but because he has vicious tendencies.

acludem

Where is Big D's stats when you need them....

McKees Rocks is a suburb of Pittsburgh. I'm agree with aclu... the fact that this dog bit two African American children is mere coincidence. There are so many other factors that arent listed in this article: did the black girl have a dog at home that maybe the police dog smelled? What exactly were the surroundings.

Not to mention just playing the game of odds. Like I said, McKees Rocks is a suburb of Pittsburgh. That dog could have bitten 10 children and the odds are that all 10 would have been black.

So why didn't Wanda Jones Dixon call for the end of Dolpho's police service on the grounds of inapropriate actions by a police dog, instead of racially motivated actions?

just how many different racial threads do we need to feed the trolls anyway?
this is at least the third one, and THIS one has to do with dogs. getting kind of retarded now i think.

New Topics

Forum List

Back