Mandatory voting would be dumb.

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
First of all, what is to stop someone from simply casting an empty ballot? Are you going to stand there and watch over their shoulder? Arrest them if they don't fill out THEIR ballot to YOUR satisfaction? Because that's called voter intimidation.

Let's say you're willing to settle for people casting empty ballots if that's what they want to do. Then why require them to show up in the first place? Why kill the trees to print the paper? Don't you want to save the environment?

Mandatory voting takes a society one step closer to sham elections where Putin gets 95% of the vote. There are plenty of offices that go uncontested.

Obligations are not rights. Converting something into an obligation destroys the previously existing RIGHT. Free speech is a RIGHT. I can speak, or I can stay silent. It's all the same right. Likewise, voting is a RIGHT which inherently entails a freedom to not vote. Serving on a jury isn't a right. Paying taxes isn't a right. They're obligations. Voting should be remain a RIGHT.

Republicans are terrified of everyone casting a ballot

Nobody is advocating mandatory voting. But Democrats want to make voting as convenient as possible to encourage voting

Republicans want voting to be an ordeal

First of all, what is to stop someone from simply casting an empty ballot? Are you going to stand there and watch over their shoulder? Arrest them if they don't fill out THEIR ballot to YOUR satisfaction? Because that's called voter intimidation.

Let's say you're willing to settle for people casting empty ballots if that's what they want to do. Then why require them to show up in the first place? Why kill the trees to print the paper? Don't you want to save the environment?

Mandatory voting takes a society one step closer to sham elections where Putin gets 95% of the vote. There are plenty of offices that go uncontested.

Obligations are not rights. Converting something into an obligation destroys the previously existing RIGHT. Free speech is a RIGHT. I can speak, or I can stay silent. It's all the same right. Likewise, voting is a RIGHT which inherently entails a freedom to not vote. Serving on a jury isn't a right. Paying taxes isn't a right. They're obligations. Voting should be remain a RIGHT.

Can we start making anything that is a Constitutionally Protected Right mandatory participation?

Fuck that shit. We need to RESTRICT voting.
This country is full of complete dumbfucks.
I personally think they had it initially correct.

White male landowners.

You know, actual STAKEHOLDERS.

When you give the rabble a say they simply vote for a wealth transfer.

Full Democracies are the dumbest idea ever concocted...even if they exist under a constitutional republic.

Nobody is advocating mandatory voting. But Democrats want to make voting as convenient as possible to encourage voting

Any intelligent person is terrified of everyone voting. That means even irresponsible morons like you can vote.

Mandatory voting is only for the dead.

It's critical to the success of democrats.

Especially the dead and illegals - you know, the democrat base.

Especially by the dead and illegals - you know, the democrat base.

With only living citizens voting - but that is a disaster for democrats.

More Inflation ... Inflate the Vote and make it worthless.

Forcing someone who is unconcerned with the results of an election or the issue at question,
enough to a point they don't go vote of their own volition ...
simply inflates the results based solely on people who would otherwise not care and don't know anything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back