Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says

For all these stupid idiot libs the military budget is historically low as a percentage of GDP

myth-of-isolationism-defense-spending_1200.jpg

For all these stupid idiot libs the military budget is historically low as a percentage of GDP

myth-of-isolationism-defense-spending_1200.jpg

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
Dwight D. Eisenhower,

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn defense budget in half! We don't need to be spending a fucking trillion dollars a year on god-damn defense, when our economy is in the shape it's in now.

And what does having over 800 military bases all around the world have to do with defense anyway? How does our military, protect this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending? Why should the Pentagon take 1/3 of every US taxpayer dollar every year? And finally, why do all these tea baggers who say they're upset over un-necessary government spending, say nothing about cutting defense spending?

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. You knuckleheads think you can arbitrarily slash funding to our Military without regard to protecting America's interests and assets Worldwide. We live in a Global economy stupid, a lot of the goods you take for granted must transit very nasty places, and be protected from rogue nations, to lowly pirates. We have China undergoing a massive arms race, including the purchase of an Aircraft Carrier from the Soviets, etc., etc., etc.... You want to make America a Third World Country, you dismantle its Military. We must continue to fund weapon systems for now, and the future to protect our soldiers, so they may protect our Nation. Even when the Cold War was coming to a conclusion, our own leaders recognized that even though there was less of a need for things like Nuclear Attack Submarines, they still maintained a production program... Why? Because our leaders RIGHTFULLY knew they had to retain the people with the skills to build those Subs, rather than forever lose their expertise to the private sector. You idiots think you can just sweet talk evil dictatorships, and militant ideologies with diplomacy alone, and that they will suddenly play nice with America are living in a Dreamworld. If you have never laid your own eyes on the Middle East as I HAVE (while I served in our Military) you can never fully grasp that there are people in this world who would chop your head off for the ONLY reason that you were born in America. Wise up morons. It's not as simple as slashing funding as you simpletons try to make others believe it is.

I am somewhat dumbstruck by the utter incompetence of this congress.... both fucking sides need their heads knocked together. It is an outrage to put our nation at risk with their petty fucking politicking. And Obama needs to read his fucking job description and lead the fucking assclowns.

I am so glad we have an alternative in Romney that has not been part of this clusterfuck.

dempsey_martin_061312.jpg

The top U.S. military official suggested Wednesday that scheduled Pentagon budget cuts could lead to war.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified before a Senate committee Wednesday alongside Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. Both offered dire warnings about the potential impact of the automatic budget cuts, known as sequestration, which will go into effect starting next January unless Congress intervenes.

Dempsey said the cutbacks could lead to the cancellation of weapons systems and disrupt "global operations." In turn, he warned, the U.S. could lose global standing -- opening the door for enemies to test American military might.

"We can't yet say precisely how bad the damage would be, but it is clear that sequestration would risk hollowing out our force and reducing its military options available to the nation," Dempsey told the senators. "We would go from being unquestionably powerful everywhere to being less visibly globally and presenting less of an overmatch to our adversaries, and that would translate into a different deterrent calculus and potentially, therefore, increase the likelihood of conflict."

Panetta made a similar argument last year when he said the sweeping cuts could weaken the military substantially, and invite "aggression" abroad

Read more: Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says | Fox News

Where in the Constitution does it state that these are purposes of our military????

We would go from being unquestionably powerful everywhere to being less visibly globally and presenting less of an overmatch to our adversaries, and that would translate into a different deterrent calculus and potentially, therefore, increase the likelihood of conflict.

Last edited:
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
Dwight D. Eisenhower,

You're another bung-hole surfer that needs to enlist, asswipe.

Theres load of waste in defence just like every other bloated Govt program.

They need to make cuts across the board and nothing, not even defense, should be left out.

Just to be clear cutting waste is not the same thing as across the boards cuts in the military. No we don't need across the board spending cuts and if anyone thinks a weaker American military is good for world peace they are sadly mistaken

Been where done what, asswipe?

I just love the toy soldiers who have anonymous names like "warrior". It is just so damn..........impressive!!

The Warrior was a 102 cubic inch motorcycle (Roadstar Warrior) I once owned, non-serving numbnuts. It's got nothing to do with my military service or your lack thereof, assbrain.

Is that the ride in your avatar? I can't quite make it out from the picture.

We may really have to experience the consequences of our own foolish behavior. Cut defense, cross our fingers and hope everyone loves obama.

They need to make cuts across the board and nothing, not even defense, should be left out.

Just to be clear cutting waste is not the same thing as across the boards cuts in the military. No we don't need across the board spending cuts and if anyone thinks a weaker American military is good for world peace they are sadly mistaken

Across the board cuts are exactly what we need. Can you imagine how quickly that waste will be found, once they are instituted?

And another thing, why should WE have to foot the bill for "world peace"?

Last edited:
Dwight D. Eisenhower,

You're another bung-hole surfer that needs to enlist, asswipe.

Been there, done that. And the man that wrote those words far exceeds anything you or I can hope to be.

Across the board cuts are exactly what we need. Can you imagine how quickly that waste will be found, once they are instituted?

And another thing, why should WE have to foot the bill for "world peace"?

who do you think is going to do it? While we're cutting the military lets cut our ties with the UN too. we can't afford that bullshit any more either.

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn defense budget in half! We don't need to be spending a fucking trillion dollars a year on god-damn defense, when our economy is in the shape it's in now.

And what does having over 800 military bases all around the world have to do with defense anyway? How does our military, protect this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending? Why should the Pentagon take 1/3 of every US taxpayer dollar every year? And finally, why do all these tea baggers who say they're upset over un-necessary government spending, say nothing about cutting defense spending?

if you were president you wouldn't do jack shit,, it's the congress who gets to do it.. dumbass.

i totally disagree with this, give the military what they want, if they get a surplus, buy the boys and girls on the field something for them. treat them right. they defend me ill give em the extra dollars to spend.

Our military worth every dollar.

Weakness begets agression. Historically, it always has.
After the events of September, 1938 in Munich, the Japanese were astonished at just how graciously accomodating the Western Democracies were and began making their own plans. Fifty million dead was the eventual result.
Islam desperately wants to evict the Israelis from their little abode there on the Meditteranean shore and a United States unable and unwilling to prevent their actions or even to defend its territory elsewhere would be a moment they would be hesitant to let pass by.
If all the predictions of the coming of Armageddon be true, its moment is certainly brought nearer by these events.

i totally disagree with this, give the military what they want, if they get a surplus, buy the boys and girls on the field something for them. treat them right. they defend me ill give em the extra dollars to spend.

Our military worth every dollar.
What rights of ours are they defending while in Iraq and Afghanistan? :confused:

Forum List

Back