Manafort should have worn a "WH FOR SALE" T-Shirt....

It can issue a warrant on anybody and the subject cannot challenge the legality of the evidence gathering process because the defense can't review the details of the warrant issue, it can only request a review by FISA which amounts to a free fishing expedition license for prosecutors.

Far from "defending" the DOJ, we must acknowledge (unless we're nihilists) that the Department must have some pretty decent lawyers; it is THESE lawyers that present before the FISA courts enough evidence to precipitate the issuance of a warrant.
You've got to be kidding, right? What sort of legal brilliance do you think it takes to formulate an argument before a secret court for a warrant that CANNOT BE CHALLENGED by the appellant system? The DOJ lawyers can make up anything they want and it cannot be challenged.

Unless you're one who believes that the entire justice system in our country is thoroughly corrupt, you cannot deny a ruling based on your own partisan biases.
Apparently you don't get it, the problem is that the FISA court isn't a part of our justice system , perhaps you're unaware that our justice system includes an appellant process, strict rules of evidence and disclosure and the FISA court has none of those things, which probably explains why it was able to get away with issuing a warrant to wiretap tens of millions of Americans.

Want to do away with the entire FISA system ???
Yes, call me crazy but secret courts just aren't my cup of tea.

If so, you must take responsibility for ALL future threats to our democracy......
Are you sure you want to do that???
Yes, I'm sure, I can do a better job of it than the Bloodthirsty, Imperialist Warhawks living in Washington have done so far, after all I haven't started any wars, engineered any coup de'etat or threatened civilization with Nuclear Armageddon nor have I pissed off a bunch of lunatics in the Middle East enough to want to run airplanes into my house.

Forum List

Back