Man w/ concealed carry (CCW) intervenes in domestic dispute

What a dumbass. Why didnt he just call the po po? :laugh:

"The man, a soldier stationed at Fort Hood, allegedly fired a gun twice, one bullet burying into the ground and another striking the woman. He then climbed into his truck in the parking lot and attempted to leave when Antell tried to stop him.

Antell, a father of three and CrossFit gym owner, retreated to his vehicle, grabbed his own gun, and approached the shooter, Arlington police said.

Instead of abiding by Antell’s commands to stop, police said the shooter climbed out of his truck and fired his gun again.

The shot hit Antell in the head, reported the Dallas Morning News. He was pronounced dead at the scene."

Last edited:
He was trying to help and was killed. It is a tragedy.

I think it stinks that some people are making snarky remarks about this.

No he wasnt trying to help. He was trying to be a cowboy and he got his ass killed. The guy was leaving and instead of calling the police he decided he was going to be Rambo and go get his gun to keep the guy there where he was still a threat.

No he wasnt trying to help. He was trying to be a cowboy and he got his ass killed. The guy was leaving and instead of calling the police he decided he was going to be Rambo and go get his gun to keep the guy there where he was still a threat.

Obviously the guy made a bad choice. Making light of it to score some points on a message board is the sign of an idiot.

Obviously the guy made a bad choice. Making light of it to score some points on a message board is the sign of an idiot.
You've had a talk with 2guy about this, right?

How does one score points on the internet and why do you think thats my motive?

You've had a talk with 2guy about this, right?

Once again with your stupidity I see. I'm not obligated to "talk to people" who you feel I should.

I thought that a good guy with a gun would always stop a bad guy with a gun.

At least, that's what the NRA keeps saying. Guess it wasn't true in this case.
That is THE most common misconception regarding civilian concealed carry.

You are only to draw and fire when you have to protect yourself or another from immediate danger. That means you don't follow a guy and try to apprehend him after a crime takes place. He should have just got make model and license of the vehicle and then he should have called 911 for EMS and gone to help the woman until they arrived

The guy made a mistake and paid for it with his life. It's too bad because he was at least trying to do what he thought was right.

Okay....second post...

There are 357,000,000 million guns in private hands (400,000,000 according to oldschool).

There were 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.......

There were 35,000 accidental car deaths in 2013...

And 3,000 accidental drowning deaths....

There are 13 million concealed carry permit holders in the U.S. and that isn't all of them...those are just the ones in states that require paperwork...

So....12,999,998 million to go....

Then you have 1,500,000 million times a year Americans with guns actually stop violent criminal attack and save lives...

but don't let the actual statistics, the facts, the truth or reality stop you.......

apparently t3h NRA was wrong

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Well....you would have to quantify "Wrong"....considering that according to bill clinton, 1,500,000 million Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives each year.......

so...with 8,124 gun murders in 2014.....with 70-80% of the victims of those murders criminals with multiple felony convictions...

You should try to make a better point...one that isn't made to look silly by reality and the facts.

He took a foolish risk and died. Calling him a cowboy and Rambo says more about you than about him.

Well, I mean nice of you to self identify as an idiot I suppose, but I wasn't talking specifically TO you.

actually....I would like to see where the NRA has ever said that.....please...show us that link...it would be entertaining and informative.....

He took a foolish risk and died. Calling a cowboy and Rambo says more about you than about him.
No it says more about him. It says that he is dumb for starters and not too bright to finish it up.

actually....I would like to see where the NRA has ever said that.....please...show us that link...it would be entertaining and informative.....

Do you always let them bait you into this kinda debate? It's unnecessary, you no more need to prove you need , nor justify your use of your 2nd Amendment rights, than they do their 4th Amendment rights, just as an example.

Well, I mean nice of you to self identify as an idiot I suppose, but I wasn't talking specifically TO you.
I didnt self ID as an idiot. You implied i was. I disagree. Yes you were talking specifically to me. You responded to my post and didnt mention anyone else. Are you playing dumb now?

Forum List

Back