Man Posing as Soldier Sentenced to Prison

Won't these morons ever learn?

AUGUSTA, Ga. - After the Army discharged him 17 years ago for a heart condition, Anthony Todd Saxon so desperately wanted to keep serving that he bought a combat uniform and fooled troops at Fort Gordon and his family into believing he remained in the ranks.

I find myself conflicted on stolen valor crimes. Unless someone is being defrauded I'm not convinced lying should be illegal, even though it disgusts me to claim military service when there was none.

Could have been worse...the headline could have been:

Soldier Posing as Man Sentenced to Prison

Yanno.........maybe the whole deal was that he just missed the brotherhood of being a part of something bigger than himself.

Me? I'm retired after 20 years, and still find myself homesick for a ship (yeah.....weird, I know) whenever I watch something about the Navy on the Military Channel.

Civilian life just doesn't have the same kind of bond, because out here, it's everyone for themselves, not everyone for 1 cause.

Yanno.........maybe the whole deal was that he just missed the brotherhood of being a part of something bigger than himself.

Me? I'm retired after 20 years, and still find myself homesick for a ship (yeah.....weird, I know) whenever I watch something about the Navy on the Military Channel.

Civilian life just doesn't have the same kind of bond, because out here, it's everyone for themselves, not everyone for 1 cause.

I just wonder why they couldn't have found this guy a desk job years ago. Or why he didn't go into the Reserves, they aren't quite as picky about their medical hardships if everything else is in order.

Just seems like a waste in this particular case.

PS - You're crazy , I don't miss the military, no more worrying about PT tests rocks.

He didn't go to jail for impersonating a Soldier. The 9th circut court of appeals struck down the "Stolen Valor" law on 3/11/11. The 9th circut said it was unconstitutional to restrict people from wearing medals and uniforms. Little outrage in the liberal media and almost no coverage.

AUGUSTA, Ga. - After the Army discharged him 17 years ago for a heart condition, Anthony Todd Saxon so desperately wanted to keep serving that he bought a combat uniform and fooled troops at Fort Gordon and his family into believing he remained in the ranks.

I find myself conflicted on stolen valor crimes. Unless someone is being defrauded I'm not convinced lying should be illegal, even though it disgusts me to claim military service when there was none.

In my opinion, if posing as a soldier gets him laid......No harm....No foul

Well it was more than that, the guy was going on base dressed in a Army uniform and accessing weapons.

If everyone who fantasized about being a bad ass Rambo type Soldier joined up, our Military would be more than 10 million + strong.

You mean all the Playstation Rambos don't you? Most of them woudn't do or be shit in the real world.

If everyone who fantasized about being a bad ass Rambo type Soldier joined up, our Military would be more than 10 million + strong.

You mean all the Playstation Rambos don't you? Most of them woudn't do or be shit in the real world.

Yup lol, and they would shit their pants as soon as their plane touched down in a deployed location, still we can use them to shine boots, iron uniforms and serve food in the mess hall.

I just wonder why they couldn't have found this guy a desk job years ago. Or why he didn't go into the Reserves, they aren't quite as picky about their medical hardships if everything else is in order.

Just seems like a waste in this particular case.

PS - You're crazy , I don't miss the military, no more worrying about PT tests rocks.

:lol::laugh2::rofl::laugh2::lol:

yeah, forgot about those things.

Thankfully instead of running a mile and a half, I could swim 500 yards.

I hated running, I've hated it my entire life. I'm bored by the 10 stride.

Last edited:
I wonder why this poor slob is going to jail when the assholes who lie for the left are lauded as heroes.

Lt. W.T. Door?

Saxon was arrested in June and pleaded guilty in January to impersonating a Soldier, possession of firearms by a convicted felon and possession of a silencer stolen from a local gun shop.

I would hazard to guess that the bulk of his sentence had to do with the firearm violations for a convicted felon

hillary lied when she said she did not fire the travel office

hillary lied again when she said she did not work for castle grande

"hell to pay " by barb olson - " hillary knew bill was a serial sexual predator " p. 212

Forum List

Back