Man guarding recruitment center accidentally fires shot

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
"I was out here and was talking to a guy who wanted to look at my AR-15," said Reed in an interview with the Eagle-Gazette. "I was trying to clear the weapon and hand it over to him when it went off. I thought it was empty and must have missed it."

I don't think these guys are making anyone safer.

I personally think these people guarding recruitment centers look like a bunch of fucking idiots, but they're not doing anything illegal, so whatever.

Accidental shooter found guilty could lose firearms

On Tuesday, Reed pleaded guilty to a charge of discharging a firearm and was sentenced to 30 days in jail, but the sentence was suspended.

He will pay a total of $137 in fines and court costs and could lose ownership of his firearms for two years.
He should have listened to the Military, which asked these emotional reactionaries to be rational.

So now, all an enemy of the military has to do is pose as a self-appointed guard at one of these offices, and that person will already be armed and in position to take out his targets.​

"I was out here and was talking to a guy who wanted to look at my AR-15," said Reed in an interview with the Eagle-Gazette. "I was trying to clear the weapon and hand it over to him when it went off. I thought it was empty and must have missed it."

Another case of criminal negligence. It deserves full penalties of the law.

Thankfully nobody was hurt. If he retains his right to gun ownership I hope this guy realizes his limitations and goes out and buys himself something he's able to safely handle.

This is apparently not the first time he's been charged with illegally discharging a weapon within the city limits.

Maximum penalties, and no suspended sentence.
All those who most tout 2A must demand his fullest prosecution.

Thankfully nobody was hurt. If he retains his right to gun ownership I hope this guy realizes his limitations and goes out and buys himself something he's able to safely handle.

Are you kidding? Gun nuts will hock their kids bicycle to get a bigger gun.

Why was the gun supposed to be empty? He may as well be sitting at home.

This numb nuts aside....this entire "movement" is nothing more than a chance for pussies with guns to play badass and get some high fives from their buds.

Predictably, it has been seized upon by irresponsible politicians who see it poke in Obama's eye.

Again, "It went off."
He pulled the trigger on a loaded weapon. An AR15, as with any other firearm, doesn't just fire by itself.
This is the type of individual unqualified to carry a single-shot .22 rifle, and he has an AR15?

Again, "It went off."
He pulled the trigger on a loaded weapon. An AR15, as with any other firearm, doesn't just fire by itself.
This is the type of individual unqualified to carry a single-shot .22 rifle, and he has an AR15?

The second amendment does not mention competence.

Forum List

Back