Man Fatally Shot at 'Occupy Burlington' Protest

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Man Fatally Shot At 'Occupy Burlington' Protest | Fox News

BURLINGTON, Vt. – A 35-year-old man died Thursday from a gunshot wound sustained at the "Occupy Burlington" encampment, but the circumstances surrounding the shooting were unclear, the Burlington Free Press reported.

The man was transported to a nearby hospital in "grave" condition at around 2:20pm local time but he later died of his wounds. A gun was recovered in City Hall Park, where "Occupy Burlington" protesters have been camped since Oct. 28, the newspaper said.

Several protesters and a camp organizer said they believe the man shot himself, according to the Free Press and WPTZ-TV.

Police responded to the area after reports of a gunshot. They removed a motionless man from a green tent and there was blood in the area, the newspaper said.

Authorities said it would take hours to sort out what happened. "We do not believe the public is at risk," said Burlington Deputy Police Chief Andi Higbee.

Police cordoned off the encampment and the Free Press reported that some protesters have been crying.

Why is it that this is such a moshpit? I don't understand what they hope to accomplish... It seems the worst of gatherings are taking place and not a lot of things are coming to be for the better. :dunno:

I honestly think the normal people went home and all that is left is the loons, druggies and homeless. I am against the OWS but some had some reasonable beefs but this is out of hand!

This is the very thing that confuses me most about political movements. When things are initially chaotic and out of order there is potential for great movement and productivity... but the longer they are allowed to continue to have so little structure, so little regard, there is an absolute unraveling of sanity that seems to happen that dirties the whole movement.

At what point could such things be cut off? It is obviously long past due here...

Why is it that this is such a moshpit? I don't understand what they hope to accomplish... It seems the worst of gatherings are taking place and not a lot of things are coming to be for the better. :dunno:

Its not a moshpit. Its not a worst of gatherings taking place. Its our shitty corporate government making any opposition look like crap. Its a war for public opinion, but guess what the public doesnt have an opinion, and thats the point.

They are looking for the dumbest, most retarded people and incidents and then frame them as the movement. All to turn public opinion agianst the popular movement.

TV is a propaganda tool. It is not truth, it is not news. It is the opinion the oligarchy want you to have.

It was at the train station just a couple of blocks away.

Are you familiar with the crime rates in Oakland?

There has probably been LESS crime in the area bacause of the presence of the protestors.

The man, a veteran, tragically took his own life inside a tent. The police were forced to clear the park for 24 hours in order to do a proper investigation. The protesters offered minimal resistance but quickly met with the police chief, the mayor and other officials and agreed to remain out of the area overnight.

It is certainly true that this particular camp has become a mix of dozens of concerned OWS people and a blend of homeless people from the area. It's been an uneasy but manageable partnership so far.

Last edited:
OOOPPPs I thought you were talking about the oakland death.

This death has already been confirmed a suicide from what Ive read

Government didn't pull that trigger. That man was to blame for pulling the trigger.

I agree... However I understand things about the light and how so many people are influenced by not only that but also, and especially emotion. How aee we being told to feel by these gatherings, these movements?

Its not a moshpit. Its not a worst of gatherings taking place. Its our shitty corporate government making any opposition look like crap. Its a war for public opinion, but guess what the public doesnt have an opinion, and thats the point.

They are looking for the dumbest, most retarded people and incidents and then frame them as the movement. All to turn public opinion agianst the popular movement.

TV is a propaganda tool. It is not truth, it is not news. It is the opinion the oligarchy want you to have.

I don't watch tv, not even the news, so I am least likely not one that is being manipulated by those forces.

I venture onto the forums, which is my only outlet that isn't family... And, well, things here and there only confirm to me that outside of my family walls is not likely a place I aim to be.

It was at the train station just a couple of blocks away.

Are you familiar with the crime rates in Oakland?

There has probably been LESS crime in the area bacause of the presence of the protestors.

That's because all the criminals are the protesters.

Forum List

Back