Man Charged In Romney Tax Returns Scheme

So some guy tried extorting Romney for Bitcoins? I don't like Romney, but at worst it shows that he surrounds himself with stupid people. He did lose to Obama after all.

What does that have to do with Romney?

Apparently Romney being a victim of a crime somehow shows how evil he is or somthing.

Actually, it shows how Mittens hires criminals to hide his money.

He'd be screwed by the Mormon Church if he released how much he actually makes, because they charge a member 10 percent of their earnings for tithe.

My guess is that he knows he's been underpaying the church, and is scared for his soul.

(Look it up............if you don't tithe 10 percent to the church, you can actually lose your "fireproof insurance").

How is someone trying to extort money from Romney prove that he hires criminals to hide his money?

And the Church doesn't charge anyone any money. Tithing is voluntary. No one looks at a tax return. His tithing payments are between him and God.

Please stop being ignorant.

Last edited:
Law 41 -- Missourian's law:

The amount of "truth" contained in a forum posters handle is inversely proportionate to the amount of actual truth contained in their posts.

Or more succinctly: The appearance of "truth" in a posters handle is indicative of the disappearance of truth from their posts.

Last edited:
Apparently Romney being a victim of a crime somehow shows how evil he is or somthing.

He'd be screwed by the Mormon Church if he released how much he actually makes, because they charge a member 10 percent of their earnings for tithe.

My guess is that he knows he's been underpaying the church, and is scared for his soul.

(Look it up............if you don't tithe 10 percent to the church, you can actually lose your "fireproof insurance").

How is someone trying to extort money from Romney prove that he hires criminals to hide his money?

And the Church doesn't charge anyone any money. Tithing is voluntary. No one looks at a tax return. His tithing payments are between him and God.

You can't get a temple recommend wthout paying your 10%. That doesn't seem very voluntary. They might not audit Romney like they would some of their 'lesser' members but I'm sure they expect him to pay the full amount.

You can't get a temple recommend wthout paying your 10%. That doesn't seem very voluntary. They might not audit Romney like they would some of their 'lesser' members but I'm sure they expect him to pay the full amount.

No one forces anyone to get a temple recommend. here are no lesser members.

The whole process to determine if you are paying a full tithe for a temple recommend is this:

Are you paying a full tithe? Yes or no.

That's it. If you answer yes, you get a recommend. If you answer no, you aren encouraged to start doing so.

There is no charging. No auditing. No one looks at anyones bank account. It's voluntary and based on the Honor system.

Whether you are paying a full tithe is between you and God. No one is going to look over your shoulder. No one is going to force you to. That's completely contrary to how the Lord's way works.

The Lord's way is simple. We make covenants with Him. He gives us commandments. If we follow those commandments we recieve certain blessings. If we don't follow them, we don't recieve the blessings.

We cant lie to God. He knows whether we are being faithful to His commands or not. He determines whether we recieve the blessings or not. And if we try to lie, He will know it.

The Church does not force anyone to do anything. They teach correct principles and the people govern themselves.

The whole process to determine if you are paying a full tithe for a temple recommend is this:

That's it. If you answer yes, you get a recommend. If you answer no, you aren encouraged to start doing so.

There is no charging. No auditing. No one looks at anyones bank account. It's voluntary and based on the Honor system.

Whether you are paying a full tithe is between you and God. No one is going to look over your shoulder. No one is going to force you to. That's completely contrary to how the Lord's way works.

The Lord's way is simple. We make covenants with Him. He gives us commandments. If we follow those commandments we recieve certain blessings. If we don't follow them, we don't recieve the blessings.

We cant lie to God. He knows whether we are being faithful to His commands or not. He determines whether we recieve the blessings or not. And if we try to lie, He will know it.

The Church does not force anyone to do anything. They teach correct principles and the people govern themselves.

I think if you lived in Utah, you'd have a different view of the LDS church. I've known members from out of the state and even they admit, they're treated as something less than the Utah breed.

I think if you lived in Utah, you'd have a different view of the LDS church. I've known members from out of the state and even they admit, they're treated as something less than the Utah breed.

I've lived in Utah. That dosnt dispute a single thing I just said.

It at least disputes the 'lesser member' and temple recommend pressure issues. Maybe you were just trying to rise above it and chose not to notice.

Another thing I've noticed about the culture that Romney exemplifies is that it's ok to lie if it's for a good cause. Maybe Jon Huntsman can gain some traction next time around and show that you don't have to be a scumbag to be a successful LDS member.

It at least disputes the 'lesser member' and temple recommend pressure issues. Maybe you were just trying to rise above it and chose not to notice.

Another thing I've noticed about the culture that Romney exemplifies is that it's ok to lie if it's for a good cause. Maybe Jon Huntsman can gain some traction next time around and show that you don't have to be a scumbag to be a successful LDS member.

No it doesn't. Because no one is a lesser member simply because they don't live in utah. There is no basis to think so.

Okay to lie for a good cause? That's utter nonsense. Romney isnt a scumbag. The man is one of the most decent honorable human beings who has ever run for the office of President.

I cannot comprehend how after the election, when it no longer matters, people still feel the need to lie about Romney. Consider he had real human weaknesses, what is the need to make things up about him?

Also, Im not sure Ive see much evidence of Huntsmans success. His father, yes, but jr. Not a bad a guy. probably very successful as a parent (Which is what matters most) but what success has he had?

No it doesn't. Because no one is a lesser member simply because they don't live in utah. There is no basis to think so.

Okay to lie for a good cause? That's utter nonsense. Romney isnt a scumbag. The man is one of the most decent honorable human beings who has ever run for the office of President.

I cannot comprehend how after the election, when it no longer matters, people still feel the need to lie about Romney. Consider he had real human weaknesses, what is the need to make things up about him?

Also, Im not sure Ive see much evidence of Huntsmans success. His father, yes, but jr. Not a bad a guy. probably very successful as a parent (Which is what matters most) but what success has he had?

Huntsman was intelligent enough to become an ambassador to China. If he never did anything else, he'd have my respect for that. He was an awesome governor and he comes across as a man of honest integrity.

Romney on the other hand, is as slimy as they come. If you can name an issue that he didn't flip flop on, I'll be impressed. His profession of vulture capitalism has to be one of the scummiest ways you could make a living and then hiding the profits in offshore accounts is icing on the cake.

Huntsman was intelligent enough to become an ambassador to China. If he never did anything else, he'd have my respect for that. He was an awesome governor and he comes across as a man of honest integrity.

Romney on the other hand, is as slimy as they come. If you can name an issue that he didn't flip flop on, I'll be impressed. His profession of vulture capitalism has to be one of the scummiest ways you could make a living and then hiding the profits in offshore accounts is icing on the cake.

Never said Huntsman wasnt intelligent, just that I havent seen any evidence of his success. Atleast outside of his family life. Also, one doesnt have to be intelligent to become an ambassador, one simply has to have good political connections, money, or both.

Vulture capitalism? Seriously do you listen to yourself? The man helped struggling business turn around and saved countless jobs and you somehow think thats a bad thing.

Romney is a very good man. His political points werent perfect, but he is an amazing man who has done and will do alot of good helping others.

Never said Huntsman wasnt intelligent, just that I havent seen any evidence of his success. Atleast outside of his family life. Also, one doesnt have to be intelligent to become an ambassador, one simply has to have good political connections, money, or both.

Vulture capitalism? Seriously do you listen to yourself? The man helped struggling business turn around and saved countless jobs and you somehow think thats a bad thing.

Romney is a very good man. His political points werent perfect, but he is an amazing man who has done and will do alot of good helping others.

Yes, vulture capitalism. Load up struggling companies with enough debt to nearly ensure their demise, take your substancial cut early on from that loaded debt, wait for them to fail and then make even more money in the selloff. And you find that admirable... Maybe compared to a baby rapist. I've known guys like Romney my whole professional life. He's a self-deluded sociopath.

And Romney is successful but Huntsman isn't? Maybe I was wrong claiming that you don't have to be a scumbag to be a successful LDS member.

Last edited:

Yes, vulture capitalism. Load up struggling companies with enough debt to nearly ensure their demise, take your substancial cut early on from that loaded debt, wait for them to fail and then make even more money in the selloff. And you find that admirable... Maybe compared to a baby rapist. I've known guys like Romney my whole professional life. He's a self-deluded sociopath.

And Romney is successful but Huntsman isn't? Maybe I was wrong claiming that you don't have to be a scumbag to be a successful LDS member.

That's not what Romney did. What Romney did was purchase interest in failing companies and turn them around for a profit. They had an 80% success rate. How is helping failing businesses succeed bad?

We've exchanged a number of posts already and you haven't been able to provide the successes of Huntsman. I havent denied they have existed, but I havent seen any evidence of them.

Since neither Huntsman nor Romney are scumbags, i think that your conclusion is pretty baseless.

That's not what Romney did. What Romney did was purchase interest in failing companies and turn them around for a profit. They had an 80% success rate. How is helping failing businesses succeed bad?

We've exchanged a number of posts already and you haven't been able to provide the successes of Huntsman. I havent denied they have existed, but I havent seen any evidence of them.

Since neither Huntsman nor Romney are scumbags, i think that your conclusion is pretty baseless.

Is the only success that you acknowledge monetary? I already pointed out that Huntsman was an amazing governor. Being appointed the ambassador to China demonstrates fluency in a very difficult language for westerners to learn and being attuned to the political subtleties of a very foreign culture and representing US interests with perhaps the worlds only other superpower is impressive as hell in my book. If he chose to run his dad's company, I'm sure he'd do a bang up job.

Here's some reading material for you regarding the 80% success rate.

The latest Romney claim about Bain Capital - The Washington Post

Romney at Bain Capital: Big Gains, Some Busts - WSJ.com

Romney's Bain Capital Not Nearly as Good as Federal Government at Picking Winners & Losers | CleanTechnica

What does that have to do with Romney?

lol...dumbass, you should have read the link and noticed the smilie in the OP:

the guy is being charged for -

rown is accused of having an anonymous letter delivered to the PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP accounting firm in Franklin last August, demanding that $1 million in digital currency be deposited to a Bitcoin account to keep some of Romney's income tax returns from being released. The Justice Department said Brown falsely claimed that he had gained access to the PricewaterhouseCoopers internal computer network and stolen tax documents for Romney and his wife, Ann Romney, for tax years before 2010.

poorbiker

God the left is going back to Romney's taxes to try and deflect from the many current Obama administration scandals sad I would point out the this story had nothing to do with Romney but since that has already been done I won't.

Republicans are playing up the Obama 'scandals' to keep the idiots busy while they fuck the middle class.

Sure. Republicans are playing up the scandals to screw people over. It can't possibly be due to the fact that there are scandals in the first place.

Nope. No one could possibly want honest accountable government. They just want to screw an imaginary class of people.

The only class of people that aren't getting screwed by the Republicans are the rich.

Weren't the scandals started by the Republicans?

By 'imaginary class of people' I take it you mean the middle class and poor? Cause it ain't the rich.

Didn't Romney release his taxes?

Just 3 years as I recall.

Guess again!

RepTaxReturns1.png

In contrast:

DemTaxReturns.png

Republicans are playing up the Obama 'scandals' to keep the idiots busy while they fuck the middle class.

Sure. Republicans are playing up the scandals to screw people over. It can't possibly be due to the fact that there are scandals in the first place.

Nope. No one could possibly want honest accountable government. They just want to screw an imaginary class of people.

The only class of people that aren't getting screwed by the Republicans are the rich.

Weren't the scandals started by the Republicans?

By 'imaginary class of people' I take it you mean the middle class and poor? Cause it ain't the rich.

There are no classes of people. Classes are an artificial construct designed to divide us. A man is not in a different class than me because he is wealthier than I am. Nor is a man in a differen class from me if he is poorer than I. (Though i feel bad for those that are).

Forum List

Back