Man arrested for front yard sign - “N----- lives don’t matter. Got rope?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Would he be arrested if his sign said "Honky Lives Don't Matter".?

Rocky Mount man guilty of hanging a noose is jailed over new yard sign

dec 2 2015 The Rocky Mount man who was convicted of hanging a noose in his front yard — and who is due to be sentenced for that crime next week — is back in jail, accused of making another provocative public display.

At his trial in September, Jack Eugene Turner, 52, was found guilty of a Class 6 felony. He was allowed to remain free on bond, but one of the conditions of his release was that he not post any further symbols or messages in his yard on Lindsey Lane.

On Tuesday, police said Turner was arrested for a second time after he put up a sign in front of his home that read “N----- lives don’t matter. Got rope?”

So much for Freedom of Speech

No more hanging nooses to intimidate someone in the state of Virginia. It's so sad. Let me hand you a confederate handkerchief.

Judge Joseph Canada ruled that Turner had violated a 2009 Virginia statute that prohibits hanging a noose to intimidate someone, a felony that carries penalties ranging from no jail time to up to five years in prison and fines of $2,500.

“The statute, in my opinion, was written for a case like this,” Canada said.
From the op

What an idiot. I hope they give him the max.
Hopefully not near enough as Micheal Browns pregnancy donors boyfriend. At least nobody got hung. Or had their whole lives burn to the fuckin ground

This thread isn't about Michael Brown, it's about this idiot.

From the OP's link

Turner was arrested in June after he used a piece of rope to hang a dark-colored, life-sized dummy from a tree. Witnesses at his trial said the display was a response to an ongoing dispute he had with his next-door neighbors, who are black. They testified Turner had sent them strange notes and frequently flipped his middle finger at them and at their relatives, who also live on the street.

What an idiot. I hope they give him the max.
Hopefully not near enough as Micheal Browns pregnancy donors boyfriend. At least nobody got hung. Or had their whole lives burn to the fuckin ground

This thread isn't about Michael Brown, it's about this idiot.

From the OP's link

Turner was arrested in June after he used a piece of rope to hang a dark-colored, life-sized dummy from a tree. Witnesses at his trial said the display was a response to an ongoing dispute he had with his next-door neighbors, who are black. They testified Turner had sent them strange notes and frequently flipped his middle finger at them and at their relatives, who also live on the street.

OMG!..the HORROR!

No more hanging nooses to intimidate someone in the state of Virginia. It's so sad. Let me hand you a confederate handkerchief.

Judge Joseph Canada ruled that Turner had violated a 2009 Virginia statute that prohibits hanging a noose to intimidate someone, a felony that carries penalties ranging from no jail time to up to five years in prison and fines of $2,500.

From the op

He didnt display a rope.

From the op

He didnt display a rope.

How did he display a noose if he didnt display a rope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back