~Mammograms~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
According to Fox's Brian Kilmeade (perhaps the dumbest man on television in my opinion) mammograms are available at Walgreen's.

Fox and Friends are have some of the dumbest fans/hosts in history. How can anyone watch that crap.

Last Saturday, April 9, Fox & Friends co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade were discussing the debate over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. Their argument suggested that Planned Parenthood was not very important and thereby does not need properly funded. Their argument rested on a claim that services such as mammograms and paps smears are easily accessed at your local Walgreens.

http://open.salon.com/blog/twodaymag/2011/04/15/walgreens_responds_to_foxfriends_we_dont_give_pap_smears

Last edited:
According to Fox's Brian Kilmeade (perhaps the dumbest man on television in my opinion) mammograms are available at Walgreen's.

Fox and Friends are have some of the dumbest fans/hosts in history. How can anyone watch that crap.

Last Saturday, April 9, Fox & Friends co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade were discussing the debate over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. Their argument suggested that Planned Parenthood was not very important and thereby does not need properly funded. Their argument rested on a claim that services such as mammograms and paps smears are easily accessed at your local Walgreens.

Walgreens Responds to Fox&Friends: We Don't Give Pap Smears - twodaymag - Open Salon

Damn.
I guess the pharmacists at Walgreen's not only give your prescription a refill, but they also feel you up :eek:

There has been much talk in the past few years regarding mammograms.
Some doctors say they do not help in detecting breast cancer, and others argued they did.
Here is an article I happened upon, and it states that mammograms do save lives, more than originally thought.
That's good news for all women. (and men too.)

Longest Trial Ever Confirms Mammograms' Benefits - Breast Cancer Center - Everyday Health

For clarification, the debate was never over whether mammograms saved lives. The debate was over whether early mammograms saved lives. That means annual mammograms from the age of 40 on.

I believe that only 1/9 are "true positives" That means that 8/9 positive mammogram screens resulted in women getting unnecessary core biopsies.

Whether that's worth it falls onto a matter of opinion. I've heard convincing arguments for the current recommendations from OBs and against it from surgeons who have devoted a large part of their career to surgical management of breast cancer.

The only fact is this: it was incidental (and probably bad luck or stupidity) that that the USPSTF released their opinion when they did. It had absolutely noting to do with "Obamacare" or "health care rationing". The debate over this issue needs to happen and women patients need to be involved. Unfortunately, dishonest political hucksters distorted the whole thing to propel their larger issues (and not with any interest for sound medical decision making).

Walgreens Responds to Fox&Friends: We Don't Give Pap Smears - twodaymag - Open Salon

"Fox and Friends" sets the bar at a new low for stupidity (with the exception of the woman, who is a J.D. and obviously smart but appears to dumb herself down for the gullable viewer base). I don't think we need to evoke them to discuss this issue.

Damn.
I guess the pharmacists at Walgreen's not only give your prescription a refill, but they also feel you up :eek:

Not to disparage pharmacists (Pharm.D.'s are some of the smartest people you'll ever meet), but if that were the case, you'd be just as likely to get that brush on your urethra as your cervix.

Bet that would be pleasant.

Far be it for me to dispute the findings of experts. All I know is the my sister and sister-in-law are currently cancer survivors because they had their mammograms while in their 40's.

Far be it for me to dispute the findings of experts. All I know is the my sister and sister-in-law are currently cancer survivors because they had their mammograms while in their 40's.

The experts dispute the findings of the experts.

This is a matter of debate.

What it is not, is a matter of rationing.

That is great news!
I too get my yearly boobie mashing performed..it's not half as bad as some people think :)

Damn.

Not to disparage pharmacists (Pharm.D.'s are some of the smartest people you'll ever meet), but if that were the case, you'd be just as likely to get that brush on your urethra as your cervix.

Bet that would be pleasant.

Ah, don't tell my sweetie! He's a pharmacist at CVS, if he hears about this he many apply for a job at Walgreens! :lol:

Some doctors say they do not help in detecting breast cancer, and others argued they did.
Here is an article I happened upon, and it states that mammograms do save lives, more than originally thought.

Longest Trial Ever Confirms Mammograms' Benefits - Breast Cancer Center - Everyday Health

I lost a friend (last summer, she was 32 with a 3 year old son :( ) and have another that is a survivor after having both breasts removed. She is my best friend and my daughter's Godmother. Anything that is done to help detect and save lives is great. Now let's work on finding a CURE!

I lost a friend (last summer, she was 32 with a 3 year old son :( ) and have another that is a survivor after having both breasts removed. She is my best friend and my daughter's Godmother. Anything that is done to help detect and save lives is great. Now let's work on finding a CURE!

AMEN to that!!!!

During the discussion about Obama health care back in '09 when democrats were comfortable in their total majority, Washington Post's Rob Stein wrote a piece on 11/17/09 quoting the Vice Chairperson of a federal agency known as the "U.S. Preventitive Task Force". Diana Petitty said "we are recommending against routine (mammogram) screening". True to form the Post's Rob Stein said "several paitent advocacy groups welcome the new guidelines". It was a lie of course. Patient advocacy groups were outraged. The Obama attempt at cutting a potential expensive procedure failed big time and the sycophant news sources covered their asses with a couple ovf claims that the "mammogram message was muddled" and then they forgot about the whole thing.

Mammogram is defined as the x-ray picture of the breast. This can be used to check for any possible breast cancer in women for those who have no any manifestation of the disease. This kind of mammogram is called a screening mammogram, This test usually involve two x-ray images of each breast. X-ray images help detect tumors that cannot be felt. There are also other type of mammogram which is called diagnostic mammogram this can be also be used to check for breast cancer after a lump or other symptoms of the disease has been found. furthermore, undergoing a test like mammogram does not always mean saving lives even though mammograms can detect malignant tumors that cannot be felt, treating a small tumor does not always mean that a woman's life will be saved. because there are tumors that spread aggresively to other parts or systems of the body before it is discovered by any diagnostic test.

Mammogram is defined as the x-ray picture of the breast. This can be used to check for any possible breast cancer in women for those who have no any manifestation of the disease. This kind of mammogram is called a screening mammogram, This test usually involve two x-ray images of each breast. X-ray images help detect tumors that cannot be felt. There are also other type of mammogram which is called diagnostic mammogram this can be also be used to check for breast cancer after a lump or other symptoms of the disease has been found. furthermore, undergoing a test like mammogram does not always mean saving lives even though mammograms can detect malignant tumors that cannot be felt, treating a small tumor does not always mean that a woman's life will be saved. because there are tumors that spread aggresively to other parts or systems of the body before it is discovered by any diagnostic test.

Thank you for your input :)
Bottom line tho, mammograms can save lives. And that's the important thing, they are worth taking the time to get one done.

Forum List

Back