Malala Yousafzai visits the WH tells Obama he's fuelling terrorism

Montecresto

Sep 25, 2013
Oklahoma
"I thanked President Obama for the United States' work in supporting education in Pakistan and Afghanistan and for Syrian refugees," she said in the statement. "I also expressed my concerns that drone attacks are fueling terrorism. Innocent victims are killed in these acts, and they lead to resentment among the Pakistani people. If we refocus efforts on education it will make a big impact."

Read more here: Malala Yousafzai tells Obama drones are 'fueling terrorism' | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC

Focus on education and focus on the terrorists. The latter will kill the former.

Well perhaps I'm alone. But standing up to Obama was a bold move IMO, and what she said was the understatement of the so called "war on terror"

To obama everything is an ends to a means.
Terrorism can succeed or go away makes no difference to obama.
Because no matter what happens he will turn it to fit his political agenda.
ie Do ya really think obama cares drone strikes kill children if in the end it makes him look tuf on the war against terrorI
Its all collateral damage, hey if obamacare makes your insurance rates go up to make the dems more powerful. To bad

Is anyone here under the impression that our government doesn't KNOW its fueling terrorism?

They know..they do not care.

Just part of the cost of doing business there far as they're concerned.

Lets not forget its a Bush program continuing under Obama, albeit on steroids.

If the amount of drone strikes happening now happened under Bush, especially as far as the moonbat messiah has spread them, there would be impeachment hearings.

I can't begrudge the intel community for taking out bad actors any way they can, but arbitrary missile strikes all over the world actually project weakness, not strength. If they're so certain an individual must be killed for the sake of global or national security, then a team needs to go in there and arrest them or kill them. Not blow the entire fucking village to hell. Lobbing missiles indiscriminately proves obozo doesn't have the balls to go toe to toe with these sheep fucking flea bag rock farmers.

If the amount of drone strikes happening now happened under Bush, especially as far as the moonbat messiah has spread them, there would be impeachment hearings.

I can't begrudge the intel community for taking out bad actors any way they can, but arbitrary missile strikes all over the world actually project weakness, not strength. If they're so certain an individual must be killed for the sake of global or national security, then a team needs to go in there and arrest them or kill them. Not blow the entire fucking village to hell. Lobbing missiles indiscriminately proves obozo doesn't have the balls to go toe to toe with these sheep fucking flea bag rock farmers.

My statement was NOT intended as an excuse for Obama's drone use.

You say that stuff under a Republican President and you're part of the Blame America Crowd.

Of course she is right as our bipartisan foreign interventionism has fueled terrorism.

Focus on education and focus on the terrorists. The latter will kill the former.

are there any U of U mid east professors that have ties to the middle east and get funding from front groups from terrorist

I don't know about questionable funding. https://www.google.com/#q=University+of+Utah+professors+and+middle+east+funding

University of Utah charts new course for struggling Middle East Center
www.sltrib.com/sltrib/...78/center-mec-faculty-director.html.csp*

by Brian Maffly - in 27 Google+ circlesDec 20, 2011 - The University of Utah is restructuring its once-prestigious Middle East ... MEC faculty have typically come from departments of political science, ... with the departments for student credit-hour funding," said center director Janet ...

Turkish Studies Project Launched at U - University of Utah News ...
unews.utah.edu/old/p/031009-1.html*

Mar 10, 2009 - According to Yavuz, this four-year project, funded in part by the Turkish ... Bahman Baktiari, director of the U's Middle East Center, states, "I'm ... historian and professor of international relations at Bilkent University; and Alev ...

University of Utah Middle East Language and Area Studies MID E ...

www.acs.utah.edu/gencatalog/1044/deptdesc/mid_e.ht
Center Office: Middle East Center, 153 Orson Spencer Hall, 581-6181 ... Faculty. Professors. B. Cannon, M. Eid, H. Lenowitz, P. Sluglett, B. Weiss. ... study of the Middle East, one of fifteen National Resource Centers in the United States funded ...

[DOC]
Curriculum Vitae - University of Utah faculty.utah.edu/bytes/curriculumVitae.hml?id=u0034493*

University of Utah's Middle East Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2009-present .... Member of Fulbright-funded Faculty Exchange with University of Botswana ...[PDF]
Curriculum Vitae - University of Utah

https://faculty.utah.edu/bytes/curriculumVitae.hml?id=u0318514*

2011-present. Assistant Professor & Director of Religious Studies ... Religion and Conflict in the Middle East .... Funding for inviting to the University of Utah two.[PDF]In this issue: - Tanner Humanities Center - University of Utah

thc.utah.edu/_docs/Fall%202013%20Newsletter.pdf*

Sep 11, 2013 - University of Utah professors, two to external researchers, and three designated to assist ... and funds Research Interest Groups. The Center's ... workshops to Utah teachers on the Middle East, environmental humanities, Utah

I did not mean to insinuate it was.

I did not believe that indiscriminate bombings without troops on the ground anywhere near the target was a good idea even when Bush did it. We did that sort of shit in Vietnam, didn't work in our favor.

You say that stuff under a Republican President and you're part of the Blame America Crowd.

Of course she is right as our bipartisan foreign interventionism has fueled terrorism.

The first part is bullshit.

The "blame America crowd" promoted the idea that merely by supporting the state of Israel we DESERVED the 9/11 attacks.

The issue of lobbing missiles into mud huts or at a group of vehicles in Yemen is an entirely different matter.

Our "bipartisan intervention" is a problem. When we had a clearly defined enemy, and chased the bastards all over the world, set up flags in their AO's and personally killed them with small arms fire we projected strength. We had the resolve to face them head to head and engage them in battle.

We now have (puke) "leadership" that lobs ordinance without considering who else may be injured or killed, has no clearly defined enemy, since it has been reported we're arming and supporting the same assholes we were killing in Iraq and Afghanistan who the hell knows where our loyalty lies.

The moonbat messiah's "foreign policy" is a complete and utter goat fuck with a few football bats thrown in for measure.

Is anyone here under the impression that our government doesn't KNOW its fueling terrorism?

They know..they do not care.

Just part of the cost of doing business there far as they're concerned.

It's more than that. It's an excuse to exercise more control.

I did not mean to insinuate it was.

I did not believe that indiscriminate bombings without troops on the ground anywhere near the target was a good idea even when Bush did it. We did that sort of shit in Vietnam, didn't work in our favor.

Oh. Ok, I understand you now and of course agree.

She's right.

Of course she is, she only stated the obvious. An obvious that many Americans, including on this board, don't want to admit. Namely because the implication that the terrorist attacks we have had and will have are due, at least in part to US foreign policy. But that of itself is nothing profound, many Americans have been preaching this for a long time.

Forum List

Back