Make your bet, when will stock market collapse?

Siberian

Gold Member
A giant bubble in the stock market is ready to explode.

Capitalisation of stock market/GDP = 250%, it is twice as much as it was in 2004-2007 and 50% higher than in 2012-2019.
While historic average is about 100%.

P/E index is also 30-70% higher than in mentioned periods.

Stock market grows only on QE, which is going to be finished by March.
As well the Fed is going to start hyking the interest rate and it will make giant debt unsustainable. Mass bankruptcies will start, it will be much, much worse than the Great Depression.

And the Fed cannot but to hyke the rate, because inflation has already started to accelerate, in a year it will become hyperinflation.

And much earlier, when inflation gets two digits, capital flow from the US (including stock market) will start.
Making everything even worse...

So, name the month of 2022 when US (and World) stock market is goint to collapse.

my choice - April

Last edited:
I don’t think we will see a significant downturn in the near future.
While we saw a 27 percent increase this year, I expect a more modest 8 percent next year.
If we have a collapse, it will be after the 2024 elections.

The GOP will win seats in the 2022 midterms. The person who could really screw things up for the GOP is Mitch McConnell. He could cost the GOP big time in the 2024 elections. If Dems control the WH, the Senate, and the House in 2025, then we have an economic collapse.

---Trump calls McConnell a ‘disaster,’ says Republicans need new leadership---

If we have a collapse, it will be after the 2024 elections.

The GOP will win seats in the 2022 midterms. The person who could really screw things up for the GOP is Mitch McConnell. He could cost the GOP big time in the 2024 elections. If Dems control the WH, the Senate, and the House in 2025, then we have an economic collapse.

---Trump calls McConnell a ‘disaster,’ says Republicans need new leadership---

The Stock Market always does better while a Democrat is President. The market boomed under Clinton and Obama while it collapsed under Bush and Trump

a giant bubble in the stock market is ready to explode.

capitalisation of stock market/GDP = 250%,it is twice as much as it was in 2004-2007 and 50% higher than in 2012-2019.

stock market grows only on QE, which is going to be finished by March.
As well the Fed is going to start hyking the interest rate and it will make giant debt unsustainable. Mass bankruptcies will start, it will be much, much worse than the Great recession.

And the Fed cannot but to hyke the rate, because inflation has already started to accelerate, in a year it will becone hyperinflation.

And much earlier, when inflation gets two digits, capital flow from the US (including stock market) will start.

So, name the month of 2022 when US (and World) stock market is goint to collapse.

my choice - April
12:42, tomorrow afternoon?

Capitalisation of stock market/GDP = 250%, it is twice as much as it was in 2004-2007 and 50% higher than in 2012-2019.

As well the Fed is going to start hyking the interest rate and it will make giant debt unsustainable. Mass bankruptcies will start, it will be much, much worse than the Great Depression.

And the Fed cannot but to hyke the rate, because inflation has already started to accelerate, in a year it will become hyperinflation.

my choice - April

It's the dude from St Petersburg!

Did Putin put this topic in today's talking points?

Lets see……

I made big money in the Stock Market under
Clinton
Obama
Biden

I lost money under
Bush
Trump

Investors are more confident with a Democrat in the White House

my choice - April
March. 5000 points.

The market was making consistent highs under Trump until the Pandemic closed the economy. :rolleyes-41:
RW, you are a funny guy.

It was actually pretty stagnant for more than a year. For example between 1 Jan 2018 and 1 Jan 2019 the DJI was down 5.63%, the S&P was down 6.24, and the NASDAQ was down 3.6%.

It will not collapse next year. As one person pointed out we might have a correction but I am willing to bet it is not even a major one. It will be less than 15%

my choice - April

Historical data doesn't mean anything right now because the Fed has never printed this much money before. Not even close. It's not just QE. It's how much they've given out to everyone.

my choice - April
And you would be an idiot.

There's going to be a correction in January...after that it's unclear and depends on what happens. (Which can be anything...too many things in motion to accurately predict anything)

Currently the inflation vs resignation is in play for the American economy... especially the supply chain interruptions are essentially playing a major role as well.

As you live in Siberia you don't notice these things as nobody trades with Russia to begin with. You are used to not having any money or anything to buy money with except for vodka and prostitutes.

my choice - April

And if course you will all rejoice and blame Biden totally.
I can remember when it crashed under GWB and you said nothing or blamed him for it. How coincidental and hypocritical.

Forum List

Back