Mad as a Hatter...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
The more I read of "<i><b>Bush on the Couch: Inside the mind of the President</b></i>" the more chilling the threat he poses to America, and the world, becomes. His psychopathology is so deeply rooted that it pervades his every action.

His verbal gaffs aren't simply the mistakes of a nervous speaker...They are the cracks in the wall he has built up to protect himself from his fear and anxiety. While he stopped drinking(?) in his 40's, the question that remains unanswered is, "How did his previous 20 years of ETOH abuse affect his cognitive functioning?". And, while he stopped drinking, he never sought help in addressing the underlying causes of his drinking...He is an untreated alcoholic.

Remember how the abuses at Abu Ghraib were brushed off as college pranks? As the president of his fraternity at Yale, he presided over the branding of pledges to the fraternity...His smirk is an attempt to deny his underlying sadism, to himself, as well as the world at large.

The Oval Office is occupied by a dangerously unstable individual with his finger on the button, and recent reports from the White House do nothing to dispell this idea. He must be removed from the office of President of the United States, by impeachment, election, or by reason of unfitness to hold office...The sooner, the better.

I would like to see the same analysis by the same author done for John Kerry. I am sure it would be enlightening.

The liberals have pounded George Bush with their full fury. They've used every shitty trick in the Democrat handbook, and employed every medium over which they exert control, in their attempt to bring him down. And now, for the first time in 32 years, a candidate has failed to gain ground after his own convention. All summer long, the Democrats have been teetering between desperation and dementia. But, this - finally - is over the edge.

"...recent reports from the White House..."?! Come on, Bully - even YOU don't believe it.

musicman said:
The liberals have pounded George Bush with their full fury. They've used every shitty trick in the Democrat handbook, and employed every medium over which they exert control, in their attempt to bring him down. And now, for the first time in 32 years, a candidate has failed to gain ground after his own convention. All summer long, the Democrats have been teetering between desperation and dementia. But, this - finally - is over the edge.

"...recent reports from the White House..."?! Come on, Bully - even YOU don't believe it.

and so far, their, "Our Plan for America" continues the hammering. Worked well so far.
:scratch: :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter if Bully believes it or not; what matters is if someone else believes it. Obvioiusly, some people think the swing voter is inherently less intelligent.

CSM said:
It doesn't matter if Bully believes it or not; what matters is if someone else believes it. Obvioiusly, some people think the swing voter is inherently less intelligent.

That's what has struck me for years now. The Democrats assume that people are too stupid to improve themselves, get healthcare, take care of their children and parents, without the government leading the way.

To me, it's an a gross example of condescension by an elite toward the 'unwashed masses.'

Kathianne said:
and so far, their, "Our Plan for America" continues the hammering. Worked well so far.
:scratch: :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah! It's got Kerry sharing a dubious bit of history with George McGovern.

Keep up the good work, boys!
:beer:

I know McGovern and, believe me, John Kerry is no McGovern! (j/k)

Quotes from Art Garfunkel???? Now there's someone who really has had a big impact on my thinking!

The Gallup Poll organization says that the lack of bounce after the convention is most likely due to the high level of voter interest in this election. In most past election years, larger portions of the electorate were undecided and were thus available for a candidate to woo with a convention speech.

The truth of falsity of this claim by Gallup can be tested after the GOP convention. I'm assuming Gallop would predict no bounce there as well.

Bullypulpit said:
The more I read of "<i><b>Bush on the Couch: Inside the mind of the President</b></i>" the more chilling the threat he poses to America, and the world, becomes. His psychopathology is so deeply rooted that it pervades his every action.

His verbal gaffs aren't simply the mistakes of a nervous speaker...They are the cracks in the wall he has built up to protect himself from his fear and anxiety. While he stopped drinking(?) in his 40's, the question that remains unanswered is, "How did his previous 20 years of ETOH abuse affect his cognitive functioning?". And, while he stopped drinking, he never sought help in addressing the underlying causes of his drinking...He is an untreated alcoholic.

Remember how the abuses at Abu Ghraib were brushed off as college pranks? As the president of his fraternity at Yale, he presided over the branding of pledges to the fraternity...His smirk is an attempt to deny his underlying sadism, to himself, as well as the world at large.

The Oval Office is occupied by a dangerously unstable individual with his finger on the button, and recent reports from the White House do nothing to dispell this idea. He must be removed from the office of President of the United States, by impeachment, election, or by reason of unfitness to hold office...The sooner, the better.

Here's an idea: Read "The New American Soldier" by John Kerry, then come back and tell us how much of a war hero you think he is.

MJDuncan1982 said:
The Gallup Poll organization says that the lack of bounce after the convention is most likely due to the high level of voter interest in this election. In most past election years, larger portions of the electorate were undecided and were thus available for a candidate to woo with a convention speech.

The truth of falsity of this claim by Gallup can be tested after the GOP convention. I'm assuming Gallop would predict no bounce there as well.

Actually I think that's probably true. It has been an unusual election year, what with Kerry essentially being the nominee since March. However, Kerry should be worried by the fact that while most polls gave him a 2 to 4 point bounce, the CNN/USA Today poll had him losing ground and shows Bush now leading by 4 points. As I've said before, polls mean little, but it is the first time I've ever heard of a candidate losing ground in a national poll after their convention.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2104693/

Jimmyeatworld said:
Actually I think that's probably true. It has been an unusual election year, what with Kerry essentially being the nominee since March. However, Kerry should be worried by the fact that while most polls gave him a 2 to 4 point bounce, the CNN/USA Today poll had him losing ground and shows Bush now leading by 4 points. As I've said before, polls mean little, but it is the first time I've ever heard of a candidate losing ground in a national poll after their convention.

Interesting take by Kaus, he's left:

Das Bounce
Plus--Republicans for "rebranding"
By Mickey Kaus
Posted Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2004, at 12:49 AM PT

Oricelli-Tay? Kerry's convention speech was as good a performance as we can expect from him. I thought it would give him a boost--and it did on some internal polling questions such as "Which candidate is better at handling issue X." But on the horse-race result, where convention bounces are measured, the results are a bit disappointing. A rough survey:

Rasmussen: 3 point bounce, max, already gone.

Newsweek: 4 point gain for Kerry, but that's since a poll taken 3 weeks before the convention. Compared with his standing right before the convention, Kerry could have gotten a bigger bounce than that, or a smaller bounce. Newsweek's poll seems more or less useless, bounce-wise

CBS: 2 point bounce since mid July if you include Nader in the race--1 point bounce if you don't.

Gallup-USA Today: A 4-5 point loss for Kerry. This result apparently holds up even in Gallup's extended polling through Sunday.

ABC-WaPo: 8 point gain for Kerry among registered voters; 6 points among "likely" voters. But note that ABC is comparing its post-convention numbers with a pre-convention poll that was a bit of an outlier in that it was unusually pro-Bush. If that earlier poll was off, and Kerry wasn't 2 points behind Bush going into the convention, then the convention provided less boost to him than even the "slight bounce" ABC reports--which itself had diminished by Sunday.

In short, a small gain, and one that appears to be dissipating rapidly. ... If even Kerry's best didn't help him much, what's a Democrat to do? ... Hint: Rhymes with "Titanic." ... 3:31 A.M.

musicman said:

It's not a "shitty trick", it's applied psychoanalysis, a tool used by intelligence and law enforcement agencies around the world to profile persons of interest. I have made many of the same observations as the author, even before I'd heard of the book...the signs and symptoms of Dubbyuh's instability are evident to anyone willing to look.

Sir Evil said:
How about the more you read, the more you are basing your own opinion on someone elses! :lame2:

For someone who has so much hatred for the administration, you have very little input of your own opinions!

I had reached my own conclusions regarding Dubbyuh's cognitive impairement before I ever picked up Dr. Frank's book. As I have already stated, the signs and symptoms are there to be seen for anyone willing to look.

And I don't hate the administration...neither it, nor Dubbyuh are worthy of such emotional excess. The administration is a source of concern and an object of scorn and ridicule, but not hatred.

Bullypulpit said:
It's not a "shitty trick", it's applied psychoanalysis, a tool used by intelligence and law enforcement agencies around the world to profile persons of interest. I have made many of the same observations as the author, even before I'd heard of the book...the signs and symptoms of Dubbyuh's instability are evident to anyone willing to look.

So, you DO believe it. Ah, well - more's the pity. I gave you more credit.

CSM said:
I would like to see the same analysis by the same author done for John Kerry. I am sure it would be enlightening.

You're probably right...It would be enlightening, but not in the way you would wish. Kerry suffers none of the cognitive impairments that 20+ years of ETOH abuse leaves with its victims. Kerry is able to think in abstractions and deal with change, which Dubbyuh isn't (his reliance on catch phrases, repition and inability to deal with unscripted situations is well documented). Kerry is a fully functioning human being, while Dubbyuh is damaged goods...and more's the pity for him.

Forum List

Back