Mad as a Hatter...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The more I read of "<i><b>Bush on the Couch: Inside the mind of the President</b></i>" the more chilling the threat he poses to America, and the world, becomes. His psychopathology is so deeply rooted that it pervades his every action.

His verbal gaffs aren't simply the mistakes of a nervous speaker...They are the cracks in the wall he has built up to protect himself from his fear and anxiety. While he stopped drinking(?) in his 40's, the question that remains unanswered is, "How did his previous 20 years of ETOH abuse affect his cognitive functioning?". And, while he stopped drinking, he never sought help in addressing the underlying causes of his drinking...He is an untreated alcoholic.

Remember how the abuses at Abu Ghraib were brushed off as college pranks? As the president of his fraternity at Yale, he presided over the branding of pledges to the fraternity...His smirk is an attempt to deny his underlying sadism, to himself, as well as the world at large.

The Oval Office is occupied by a dangerously unstable individual with his finger on the button, and recent reports from the White House do nothing to dispell this idea. He must be removed from the office of President of the United States, by impeachment, election, or by reason of unfitness to hold office...The sooner, the better.

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    How silly.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :trolls: :laugh:

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I would like to see the same analysis by the same author done for John Kerry. I am sure it would be enlightening.

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    The liberals have pounded George Bush with their full fury. They've used every shitty trick in the Democrat handbook, and employed every medium over which they exert control, in their attempt to bring him down. And now, for the first time in 32 years, a candidate has failed to gain ground after his own convention. All summer long, the Democrats have been teetering between desperation and dementia. But, this - finally - is over the edge.

"...recent reports from the White House..."?! Come on, Bully - even YOU don't believe it.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and so far, their, "Our Plan for America" continues the hammering. Worked well so far.
    :scratch: :rolleyes:

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    It doesn't matter if Bully believes it or not; what matters is if someone else believes it. Obvioiusly, some people think the swing voter is inherently less intelligent.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

That's what has struck me for years now. The Democrats assume that people are too stupid to improve themselves, get healthcare, take care of their children and parents, without the government leading the way.

To me, it's an a gross example of condescension by an elite toward the 'unwashed masses.'

9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Oh, yeah! It's got Kerry sharing a dubious bit of history with George McGovern.

Keep up the good work, boys!
    :beer:

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I know McGovern and, believe me, John Kerry is no McGovern! (j/k)

Quotes from Art Garfunkel???? Now there's someone who really has had a big impact on my thinking!