Macy's stock crumbles after dumping Trump

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Nearly two years after phasing out its Donald Trump line of menswear, Macy’s stock has plummeted to its lowest levels in years.

Macy’s dumped Trump merchandise in July 2015 after the then-Republican presidential candidate made “derogatory” comments about Mexican immigrants.

Macy’s Stock Crumbles After Dumping Trump

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LMDAO, like we keep telling the sheep, the power of freedom and liberty is going to out do all you ANTI American haters, and the companies who fk over their President be it Trump, will find themselves going under.

These Huge companies putting rainbow flags as their avatars like USA TODAY, YOU TUBE will soon find out how shitty their companies can become when you don't support the majority of True Americana.

People vote with their dollars you liberal companies might wnat to figure that out sooner rather than later.

Macy's stock fell after a wide variety of events. Retail industry stocks, particularly those of "brick and mortar" retailers', have declined regardless of whether they carried Trump brand products.
  • Hedge funds haven't been this negative on retail stocks since the financial crisis
  • http://www.investors.com/news/retail-stores-still-have-hope-but-what-about-retail-stocks/
  • “Retailers Are the New Oil & Gas,” Only Worse
    • Below are nine chain-store retailers that have filed or are considering filing for bankruptcy, or restructuring their debts, so far in 2017, six of them in the first days of May 2017! These are just the largest ones. And the year is barely into its third month:

March 6 – HHGregg, appliance and electronics retailer, filed for bankruptcy. On March 2, it announced that it would close 88 of its 220 stores, shutter three distribution centers, and shed 1,500 jobs.

March 6 – Gordmans department stores: “People familiar with the matter” told Bloomberg that Omaha-based Gordmans, with 99 stores in 22 states, is preparing to file for bankruptcy as early as this month.

March 3 – Neiman Marcus: sources told Reuters that the luxury retailer has hired investment bank Lazard to help restructuring nearly $5 billion in debt – though they claimed it is in no immediate risk of bankruptcy.

March 3 – Radio Shack “is preparing to file for bankruptcy” again, sources told Bloomberg, after having already filed in February 2015. It is now down to 1,500 stores and will likely close more.

March 1 – Payless Shoes, largest family footwear retailer in the US: Footwear News reported that “multiple new sources contacted FN alleging that their respective firms have not been paid since August for footwear and other products shipped to Payless, and that they have been forced to lay off several staff members as a result.” Payless has been meeting with its lenders to discuss restructuring its debt and closing approximately 1,000 stores.

March 1, 2017 – BCBG, California-based fashion retailer, once with more than 570 boutiques globally, including 175 in the US, filed for bankruptcy. The filing showed that it started closing 120 of its stores in January.

February 6, 2017 – Eastern Outfitters, parent of discount chain Bob’s Stores and outdoor retailer Eastern Mountain Sports, filed for bankruptcy.

January 17, 2017 – Limited stores filed for bankruptcy.

January 16, 2017 – American Apparel, clothing manufacturer (manufacturing clothes in the US!) with 110 retail stores filed for bankruptcy the second time. Stores and manufacturing sites are being closed.

Nearly two years after phasing out its Donald Trump line of menswear, Macy’s stock has plummeted to its lowest levels in years.

Macy’s dumped Trump merchandise in July 2015 after the then-Republican presidential candidate made “derogatory” comments about Mexican immigrants.

Obviously, that's the reason. There couldn't possibly be any other factors......

Clearly dropping Trump's brand has hurt Macy's. Just look at how other brick and mortar retail chains have been booming lately. lol

Sears and Kmart would still be a retail powerhouse if they didn't drop Trump's products.

• Banned

Obviously, that's the reason. There couldn't possibly be any other factors......

Oh of course not never, Lets put it in simple terms............

We the people buy products from stores, and when a massive amount of the population enjoy a product it builds up that stores profits. Like verizon, t mobile...............Oh now imagine the offers made by T mobile that many can't resist so now they leave Verizon for Tmobile, now here is a news flash their stocks DROP..

Guess what more people support TRUMP that your POS MSM tells you they do and when these stores start to show their POS hate for the President side THEY LEAVE IT same effect as verizon and tmobile ............Imagine the miracle of people voting with their dollars, Imagine the support people do with their dollars my gawd that could never have a thing to do with it. lol

Last edited:
  • Banned
Macy's stock fell after a wide variety of events. Retail industry stocks, particularly those of "brick and mortar" retailers', have declined regardless of whether they carried Trump brand products.
  • Hedge funds haven't been this negative on retail stocks since the financial crisis
  • http://www.investors.com/news/retail-stores-still-have-hope-but-what-about-retail-stocks/
  • “Retailers Are the New Oil & Gas,” Only Worse
    • Below are nine chain-store retailers that have filed or are considering filing for bankruptcy, or restructuring their debts, so far in 2017, six of them in the first days of May 2017! These are just the largest ones. And the year is barely into its third month:

March 6 – HHGregg, appliance and electronics retailer, filed for bankruptcy. On March 2, it announced that it would close 88 of its 220 stores, shutter three distribution centers, and shed 1,500 jobs.

March 6 – Gordmans department stores: “People familiar with the matter” told Bloomberg that Omaha-based Gordmans, with 99 stores in 22 states, is preparing to file for bankruptcy as early as this month.

March 3 – Neiman Marcus: sources told Reuters that the luxury retailer has hired investment bank Lazard to help restructuring nearly $5 billion in debt – though they claimed it is in no immediate risk of bankruptcy.

March 3 – Radio Shack “is preparing to file for bankruptcy” again, sources told Bloomberg, after having already filed in February 2015. It is now down to 1,500 stores and will likely close more.

March 1 – Payless Shoes, largest family footwear retailer in the US: Footwear News reported that “multiple new sources contacted FN alleging that their respective firms have not been paid since August for footwear and other products shipped to Payless, and that they have been forced to lay off several staff members as a result.” Payless has been meeting with its lenders to discuss restructuring its debt and closing approximately 1,000 stores.

March 1, 2017 – BCBG, California-based fashion retailer, once with more than 570 boutiques globally, including 175 in the US, filed for bankruptcy. The filing showed that it started closing 120 of its stores in January.

February 6, 2017 – Eastern Outfitters, parent of discount chain Bob’s Stores and outdoor retailer Eastern Mountain Sports, filed for bankruptcy.

January 17, 2017 – Limited stores filed for bankruptcy.

January 16, 2017 – American Apparel, clothing manufacturer (manufacturing clothes in the US!) with 110 retail stores filed for bankruptcy the second time. Stores and manufacturing sites are being closed.

Did you bother to read it.

I hope people continue to purchase Trump's merchandise. Think of all the jobs that will be lost in China and Mexico if they don't.

My town used to have two Radio Shack locations. Both of them have closed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I have to be honest...Of those nine chains, I know of locations for only one of them. I'm sure I can find locations for the rest, but I'd have to Google to find them.

The one I know of I sure hope doesn't go out of business. I rather like their merchandise; they sell a lot of things one doesn't regularly find "everywhere" else. Some of the things I routinely buy from them I truly don't know where else to look (other than the Internet, and I don't especially like to shop on the Internet) to buy those items.

My town used to have two Radio Shack locations. Both of them have closed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
God bless you always!!!

Thank you.
You're welcome. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back