Lybian rebel death squads?

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
NYT: Killings and rumors unsettle a Libyan city - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

BENGHAZI, Libya — Three weeks ago, a traveler spotted a man’s body in the farmland on this city’s outskirts, shot twice in the head with his hands and feet bound. He had disappeared earlier that day, after visiting a market.

Ten days later, near the same spot, a shepherd stumbled upon the body of a second man, killed with a single bullet to the forehead. Masked, armed men had taken him from his home the night before, without giving a reason, his wife said.

The dead men, Nasser al-Sirmany and Hussein Ghaith, had both worked as interrogators for Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s internal security services, known for their brutality against domestic dissidents. The killings, still unsolved, appeared to be rooted in revenge, the families said, and have raised the specter of a death squad stalking former Qaddafi officials in Benghazi, the opposition stronghold.

The killings have unsettled an already paranoid city, where rebel authorities have spent weeks trying to round up people suspected of being Qaddafi loyalists — members of a fifth column who they say are trying to overthrow the rebels. If the violence continues, it will pose a stern challenge to a movement trying to present a vision of a new country committed to the rule of law, while potentially undermining hopes for a peaceful transition if Colonel Qaddafi surrenders power.

Well, at least they are only killing bad people. For now.

Bad people killing bad people, a shame part of my paycheck has to be involved.

Is it funny or sad that I'm not surprised that this is going on?

After prison guards comes former cops, then they move onto former politicians, they pencil pushers they people they don't like.

"Freedom fighters" pfft

After prison guards comes former cops, then they move onto former politicians, they pencil pushers they people they don't like.

"Freedom fighters" pfft

Yeah sounds a lot like Stalin's Russia.

Go with funny, that's the emotion I've chosen, better for our mental states lol.

"Freedom fighters" pfft

Go with funny, that's the emotion I've chosen, better for our mental states lol.

:lol:

I expect to hear any day now that we are pulling our support for the people that commit such crimes.

"Freedom fighters" pfft

:lol:

I expect to hear any day now that we are pulling our support for the people that commit such crimes.

God I wish I expected that, I've already been told they're beheading people and burning them alive in the name of freedom, the last thing I expect is a common sense or moral approach to the situation.

Theres going to be alot more killing if/when Ghaddafi steps down or is killed.

Eventually they will break down along tribal and/or religious lines.

It will be like Yemen everywhere.

What an odd region. Who would have thought having a single ruthless dictator could be better than freedom?

We have seen it first hand with Iraq, we went in there and removed the dictator Saddam and all hell broke loose, alot of people say the Iraqis need a firm hand like Saddam because you have to be strong to run a country like Iraq. Its the same thing in Syria, Yemen and Libya, more than likely whoever rises up to replace those leaders will be 10 times worse than what was already there, we are already seeing this in Egypt.

Forum List

Back