Lower The Bar

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Big D, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Notre Dame, needs to lower its academic standards to "get the black athlete."

"We can't stay as strict as we are as far as the academic structure is concerned because we've got to get the black athlete," Hornung said in the interview. "We must get the black athlete if we're going to compete."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/31/national/main609687.shtml

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that was interesting.

I would bet anything that this is the way things will go in the entire academic structure.

We have been sliding this direction for years.

3. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    So I guess you are saying that 1 mans comments speak for the whole university? What exactly was the point of this thread?

4. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Start with the biological differences in sports, which is something almost everyone observes. Jon Entine's recent book Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We Are Afraid to Talk About It, addresses the old cliché that "white men can't jump" (and the new one that Oriental men jump even less well). Entine shows that in sports, Black men and women have a genetic advantage. Compared to Whites, Blacks have narrower hips, wider shoulders, less body fat, and more muscle.

Blacks also have from 3 to 19% more of the sex hormone testosterone than whites or Orientals. This translates into more explosive energy, which gives Blacks the edge in sports like boxing, basketball, football, and sprinting.

Why is it taboo to say that Blacks are on average better at sports? Because the next question is, "Why do Whites and East Asians have wider hips than Blacks, and so make poorer runners?" The answer is that they give birth to larger brained babies. During evolution, as the head size of newborns increased, women had to have a wider pelvis. The hormones that give Blacks the edge in sports also make them more masculine in general. They are physically more active in school, and this can get them into trouble and even lead to their being diagnosed as hyperactive.

Race differences show up early in life. Black babies are born a week earlier than White babies, yet they mature faster as measured by bone development. By age five or six, Black children excel in the dash, the long jump, and the high jump, all of which require a short burst of power. By the teenage years, Blacks have faster reflexes, as in the famous knee-jerk response.

The biological factors underlying race differences in sports have consequences for educational achievement, crime and sexual behavior. In educational achievement and occupational success, Orientals average slightly ahead of Whites, who average substantially ahead of Blacks. On standardized IQ tests, hundreds of studies show this three-way pattern. Most IQ tests have an average score of 100, with a "normal" range from 85 to 115. Whites average from 100 to 103. Orientals in Asia and the U.S. tend to have higher scores, about 106, even though IQ tests were made for the Euro-American culture. Blacks in the U.S., the Caribbean, Britain and Africa average lower IQs-about 85. The lowest average IQs are found for sub-Saharan Africans-from 70 to 75.

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    SO....you posted this article to somehow justify a white supremecy perspective?

Differences in physical and mental capacities -if true- are still no reason to hate or reject another. Retarted and disabled white people would categorically fit below this supposed benchmark you are trying to set for blacks.

Those white folks would not be kicked out of America by you.

Why?

The point here is that the perspective you have can never make sense no matter how many differences you may point out.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    New Guy you see the type of white supremist turd you are dealing with here, right? I mean he actually buys into this crap????? Larger brains, more testosterone blah blah blah oh SWEET JESUS LMAO!

This guy hates minorities and buys into every kooky stat and online article he can lay his mitts on.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :D

Yup.

I like poking holes in flawed logic.
    :)

8. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    pardon me but Football great Paul Hornung is totally full of crap. Notre Dame has, according to the news release, 12% plus more African Americans than the average NCAA div.1 football team. as for the theory of african americans being better athletes, did you watch the ladies Duke/Minn NCAA Basketball game? Minn won. How many african americans do they have on the floor? 1! how many caucasains does Duke have? 0.

9. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not say anything about supremecy, hate, rejection or kicking anyone out of America, those are your own thoughts.

I am simply pointing out the many differences there are between the many different races.

Such as the fact that blacks have much higher levels of testosterone when compared to all other races. Gee, I wonder why men are better athletes then women?

10. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,
    Do you really want to debate if blacks are better athletes then whites or Asians?