Losing the fiscal argument on healthcare, GOP tries to discredit the referees

Yes, no one has denied that reform is needed.

The ability to purchase across state lines and medical malpractice reform would have been a great start.

Creating a 2000+ page monster of a bill was simply a power grab.

Both of what you mention are in this legislation.
It doesn't take 2000+ pages to cover those two things.

Nope, you're right. It doesn't. But there is a lot of other quality stuff in there as well. Should it take 2000+ pages? Who knows, but it would have been nice if they made the legislation more accessible and easier to understand.

Both of what you mention are in this legislation.
It doesn't take 2000+ pages to cover those two things.

Nope, you're right. It doesn't. But there is a lot of other quality stuff in there as well. Should it take 2000+ pages? Who knows, but it would have been nice if they made the legislation more accessible and easier to understand.

Well... they had to pass it first, then read it silly.

Ok.....so what's the GOP's alternative? Or do you all think no action was needed?

This is an old canard. The GOP had a very good workable plan. It did not kow tow to unions or trial lawyers so it was tossed under the bus immediately.
Every time the Dums are criticized for their stupid policies the response is "What would the GOP do??" When the GOP solution is trotted out the response is either "it won't work" or <crickets>.
It is frankly getting old.

The OP is flawed. The GOP is not discrediting the CBO. They are debating, rightfully so, that the data given to the CBO was poor, inaccurate and patently rigged. Using
flawed data has resulted in numbers being off 100s of billions before. Thanks Democrats.

How close are we to the rate of premium increase used?
How clsoe are we to the funds were supposed to have at this point?
Are we on track as far as employment rate?

Surely you liberals can give me answers.

And what was the GOP alternative, besides more of the same?

Crammed down who's throat>? I thought it passed the legislative process.

Exactly, the right has never liked democracy.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...241-answers-to-all-your-questions-on-uhc.html

I won't even bother with your link...because I could only imagine where it will send me.

That being said, you are correct, it was passed legally by representatives, against the will of their constituents.

In turn, the constituents responded by giving the House to the GOP in a historical beat down.

The OP is flawed. The GOP is not discrediting the CBO. They are debating, rightfully so, that the data given to the CBO was poor, inaccurate and patently rigged. Using
flawed data has resulted in numbers being off 100s of billions before. Thanks Democrats.

Deflection. I'll take that as the model is flawed and your right saveliberty. Thanks.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3233942-post1.html

What Americans want are common-sense, responsible solutions that address the rising cost of health care and other major problems. In the national Republican address on Saturday, October 31, 2009, House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) discussed Republicans’ plan for common-sense health care reform our nation can afford. Boehner’s address emphasized four common-sense reforms that will lower health care costs and expand access to quality care without a government takeover of our nation’s health care system that kills jobs, raises taxes on small businesses, or cuts Medicare for seniors:

* Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
* Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
* Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
* Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.

For the full text of Leader Boehner’s address, click HERE.

ADDITIONAL COMMON-SENSE REPUBLICAN REFORM PROPOSALS

For more information about some of the other common-sense health care reforms proposed by Republicans, please visit the links below:

* Empowering Patients First Act (Republican Study Committee Health Care Reform Bill, introduced July 30, 2009)
* Improving Health Care for All Americans Act (Shadegg Health Care Reform Bill, introduced July 14, 2009)
* Medical Rights & Reform Act (Kirk-Dent Health Care Reform Bill, introduced June 16, 2009)
* Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act (Gingrey medical liability reform bill, introduced June 6, 2009)
* Small Business Health Fairness Act of 2009 (Johnson small business health plans bill, introduced May 21, 2009)
* Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act of 2009 (Castle Wellness & Prevention Bill, introduced July 31, 2009)
* Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act of 2009 (Deal auto-enrollment bill, introduced October 15, 2009)
* Health Insurance Access for Young Workers and College Students Act of 2009 (Blunt bill to improve health insurance coverage of dependents, introduced October 21, 2009)

Health Care - GOP Solutions for America - GOP.gov

Crammed down who's throat>? I thought it passed the legislative process.

Exactly, the right has never liked democracy.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...241-answers-to-all-your-questions-on-uhc.html

Nope. We prefer a Democratic Republic.. which is what we are. Go take a civics course.

Now I suppose we could have described ourselves as a "Democratic Republic" when Bush the Dictator was POTUS.

In practice countries which describe themselves as democratic republics rarely hold free or fair elections and the term is sometimes used as a euphemism for a dictatorship.

Democratic republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go take a civics course. You need it.....

Nope. We prefer a Democratic Republic.. which is what we are. Go take a civics course.

Now I suppose we could have described ourselves as a "Democratic Republic" when Bush the Dictator was POTUS.

In practice countries which describe themselves as democratic republics rarely hold free or fair elections and the term is sometimes used as a euphemism for a dictatorship.

Democratic republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go take a civics course. You need it.....

You've been holding both wires too long DaGoose. Soggy is exactly right.

Losing the fiscal argument on health care, Republicans try to discredit the referees

Friday, January 21, 2011
It's the age of civility in American politics, but there's one institution that's been civil all along: the Congressional Budget Office (sorry, but sometimes civility is boring). The nonpartisan agency, which calculates the official cost of legislation for Congress, speaks in the polite language of actuarial tables, refuses to reliably please or disappoint either party and is the closest thing American politics has to an umpire. And the Republicans are getting sick and tired of it.
<more>

Sorry man, as long as you continue to prostitute Medicare and Medicaid costs, at the cost of every other Healthcare Service, you have zero credibility. You can't keep perpetually screwing people over, and think it's okay with the rest of us. You are destroying a whole Profession. You charge pennies on the dollar in relation to cost of service, want to expand that more, effecting the rest of us who have to make up the deficit, and that is okay with you, it's always okay with you, to get more and pay less, not caring about the true effect. It is a scam, a scheme, that a few will get rich from, through administration. How about the next time you are sick or in need of emergency service you consider calling an Administrator???

Forum List

Back