Lords to block US trade deal on frankenstein produce

Some cultures work hard, others work smart. Working long hours doesn't necessarily mean improved productivity.
Its possible to go to extremes in both directions

the euro economy is generally more sluggish that in the US

Boris Johnson is facing a damaging defeat that would block imports of chlorinated chicken and hormone-fed beef, in a fresh blow to his hopes of a post-Brexit trade deal with the US.

Peers are poised to slam the brakes on any watering down of food and animal welfare standards – to stop ministers selling the country “down the river”, one former government adviser told The Independent.

This is good but I can see the weakness in their plan straight away. I believe that our greatest protection will come from Congress blocking the deal. Apparently support there for the Good Friday Agreement is bipartisan and likely to scupper Johnsons shitty deal.

You out of the EU now. You think China is going to cut you a better deal?
Nobody is going to cut us a better deal. Why would they ?
aka...........you want to be dependent on the Chi coms.........oh well.........good luck growing crops on the Island when they hose you over..........

I'm in farm country USA..........we don't need the stinking china doll goods.

It's comforting that the tendency of the British people to slavishly follow the dictates of their social betters remains unabated.

View attachment 387955

A truly subservient people who know how to stay in their place and remain in awe of the majesty of aristocracy.
Its depressing that it takes an unelected group to block an illegal act of parliament. Such is the UK under conservative rule..
Your Head-of-State is unelected poofter.

Boris Johnson is facing a damaging defeat that would block imports of chlorinated chicken and hormone-fed beef, in a fresh blow to his hopes of a post-Brexit trade deal with the US.

Peers are poised to slam the brakes on any watering down of food and animal welfare standards – to stop ministers selling the country “down the river”, one former government adviser told The Independent.

This is good but I can see the weakness in their plan straight away. I believe that our greatest protection will come from Congress blocking the deal. Apparently support there for the Good Friday Agreement is bipartisan and likely to scupper Johnsons shitty deal.
Its your country and your choice

but 300 million + Americans are living proof that our beef and chicken production methods are safe to eat
Sorry, what's the rate of obesity and heart attacks in the USA?

THat has to do with over use of corn syrup and long working hours, nothing to do with the quality of our beef or poultry.
We work on average 100 hours less than you do per year, so that's not a major factor in calculating obesity rates.
What is corn syrup anyway?

It is corn produce they add to food to sweeten and/or thicken it. It is very unhealthy. Corn is not good food.

Last I heard, one of the few nations fatter than US, was Mexico, which are also big on corn.

but 300 million + Americans are living proof that our beef and chicken production methods are safe to eat

THat has to do with over use of corn syrup and long working hours, nothing to do with the quality of our beef or poultry.
We work on average 100 hours less than you do per year, so that's not a major factor in calculating obesity rates.

It is corn produce they add to food to sweeten and/or thicken it. It is very unhealthy. Corn is not good food.

Last I heard, one of the few nations fatter than US, was Mexico, which are also big on corn.
Life is too easy in the US. your portion sizes are huge, you drive instead of walk and there are no protections on what you eat. Plus you have never seen a dish that you dont think is better through the addition of bacon.

Life is too easy in the US. your portion sizes are huge, you drive instead of walk and there are no protections on what you eat. Plus you have never seen a dish that you dont think is better through the addition of bacon.

1. Life is not as easy as you seem to think, but the hardships are not the kind that burn calories.

2. The evolution of our bad diet is a long and complicated story.

3. The evolution of our poorly planned neighborhoods is a long and complicated story.

4. All dishes are better with the addition of bacon.

1. Life is not as easy as you seem to think, but the hardships are not the kind that burn calories.

2. The evolution of our bad diet is a long and complicated story.

3. The evolution of our poorly planned neighborhoods is a long and complicated story.

4. All dishes are better with the addition of bacon.
Have to completly agree with your point 4, with the exception of desserts.

Life is too easy for the poor in this country. THEY are why we have to work those extra 100 hours you mentioned earlier... as our Government steak our wages to prop up the poor and lazy.

You might want to look back at some of your own glutinous monarchs before commenting on Americans. I assume it’s your Government that keeps portion sizes small, as they control everything else in your life.

We drive because we’re well enough off not to have to live in urban hubs, and because we don’t allow our Government to force us onto trains and busses in those urban hubs.

Bacon and mead are the foods of the Gods. Never forget that.

Forum List

Back