Looks Like The Washington Redskins Are Here To Stay

I think we all remember the hassle the Patent and Trademark office gave the Redskins for having an "offensive" name.

Well today the US Supreme Court weighed in on the issue of "offensive" trade marks.

An Asian Band called the "Slants" was denied a trademark for their bands name and pursued the case to SCOTUS.

In a rare unanimous decision the court ruled in the bands favor. And it looks like the Redskins will be able to retain their trademark as well.

Supreme Court sides with The Slants, rules ban on offensive names is unconstitutional

Discuss.

"Free at last, free at last ..."

PC dies.

31197aff18e4949db1a52bf3a1b13ce7.jpg

Good! So much for the PC mind-control asshats!

Actually the law they were citing was 70 years old.

And it was upheld correct? And-?

No, it was overturned as unconstitutional, maybe I should have said the law the Trademark office was using to deny the trademark. Sorry about that.

The law was always there, but SJW nitwits didn't try to use it like this until recently.

A few years back (or so) California banned such names. There were several high schools made up primarily of native Americans who had selected the nickname "Redskins" for themselves but were forced to change their names.

Didn't that only apply to Public School team names?

And it was upheld correct? And-?

No, it was overturned as unconstitutional, maybe I should have said the law the Trademark office was using to deny the trademark. Sorry about that.

The law was always there, but SJW nitwits didn't try to use it like this until recently.

Yep, people had common sense till the maobama regime came along. They looked for every possible way to expand the regulatory state and exert authority over people.

Actually The Law they were citing was about 230 years old.

It's called The Bill of Rights.

Something Obama and The Left knows nothing about.

The band countered that the 70-year-old law at issue violates free-speech rights -- and Justice Samuel Alito, in the court’s opinion, agreed.

Supreme Court sides with The Slants, rules ban on offensive names is unconstitutional

The band countered that the 70-year-old law at issue violates free-speech rights -- and Justice Samuel Alito, in the court’s opinion, agreed.

That's because the 70 year old law was in direct violation of the 230 year old law called The Bill of Rights.

Same as stupid Supreme Court Decisions like Dread Scott, Roe v. Wade, and Obamacare Mandate, as well as Citizens United.

When the Supreme Court and other branches are corrupted, the people have no where to go but Rebellion. The best hope is that it is always limited to political rebellion at The Ballot Box which is how President Trump got Elected.

This was "the right decision" that adheres to the letter and spirit of the law and what our forefathers intended.

I expec
I think we all remember the hassle the Patent and Trademark office gave the Redskins for having an "offensive" name.

Well today the US Supreme Court weighed in on the issue of "offensive" trade marks.

An Asian Band called the "Slants" was denied a trademark for their bands name and pursued the case to SCOTUS.

In a rare unanimous decision the court ruled in the bands favor. And it looks like the Redskins will be able to retain their trademark as well.

Discuss.

I expect the lawsuits to be flying now since their name was not protected as it should have been were it not for the snowflakes in the government.

That's because the 70 year old law was in direct violation of the 230 year old law called The Bill of Rights.

Same as stupid Supreme Court Decisions like Dread Scott, Roe v. Wade, and Obamacare Mandate, as well as Citizens United.

When the Supreme Court and other branches are corrupted, the people have no where to go but Rebellion. The best hope is that it is always limited to political rebellion at The Ballot Box which is how President Trump got Elected.

This was "the right decision" that adheres to the letter and spirit of the law and what our forefathers intended.

I don't know why you have a problem with Citizens United, it was a speech case also.

I expec

Discuss.

I expect the lawsuits to be flying now since their name was not protected as it should have been were it not for the snowflakes in the government.

I guess that remains to be seen.

I expec

Discuss.

Considering they were unable to stop any & all counterfeit merchandise I would be shocked if they didn't sue for damages & lost revenue

I expec

Discuss.

Considering they were unable to stop any & all counterfeit merchandise I would be shocked if they didn't sue for damages & lost revenue

So how do you sue a government agency that had the law on their side when the decision was made?

I think Obama has the record for the number of SCTOUS GOOSE EGGS he has gotten for wiping his ass with the Constitution.

When RUTH BADER GINSBURG tells you that you are too far left....you are WAAAAAAAAAY too far left.

Obama never gave a shit about the Constitution, his ONLY goal while in office was SOCIAL JUSTICE. PERIOD.

He wanted to polarize the country for purposes of furthering his SOCIAL JUSTICE AGENDA. Lots of useful idiots helped him, against their own best interests.

Last edited:
Fuck each and every one of you right wing pussies.

Whatcha gonna do when the team Harlem Honkies is formed by a black owner?

You will cry all day and night about how that's racist.

Forum List

Back