Looks like Stewarts rally makes Becks look like a get together.

What I'm trying to figure out if any from the left or right think that the great unwashed that will be showing up Tuesday are really influenced by the rallies or their numbers?

No this won't change one vote in the election or anything like that. I thought it was about who can draw the biggest crowd for these rally competitions. Thats all. Tuesday is gonna end with the same result regardless of this rally or any other rally.

Why are you being such of a god damn stupid fuck tard?

I'm not, why are you getting all serious and venomous all over a non-partisan rally? Hell, they got the Mythbusters guy up there entertaining the crowd, problem?

While I hesitate to use the term "unwashed masses" because well it tends to remind me of something my wife used to call me when I came home from more than a few cruises. *laughs*. Anyway, on a personal level if I lived near Washington I'd love to go see John Stewart for free, the man is funny, while I may not agree with his politics a free ticket to a comedy show is always a good way to spend a Saturday Afternoon.

What I'm trying to figure out if any from the left or right think that the great unwashed that will be showing up Tuesday are really influenced by the rallies or their numbers?

No this won't change one vote in the election or anything like that. I thought it was about who can draw the biggest crowd for these rally competitions. Thats all. Tuesday is gonna end with the same result regardless of this rally or any other rally.

From what I have seen from viewing cspan how is this restoring any type of sanity? All that is happening is the pussy jon stewert is making funny of the bill of rights (the first amendmet = and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.)
and anyone who has disagreement with the government

there seem to be a lot of people there....stewart is tell them no littering...etc...cleaner than we found it...

this is just gonna be interesting

WHOA!! they just showed a big overhead shot and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more crowded than Becks rally. I saw Becks rally too so this isnt opinion anymore. Way bigger crowd!

You are aware that 'its waaaaaaaaaaaay more crowded' is not actually a scientifically accurate estimate. So, it is indeed still opinion.

Damn, I thought the left were the ones who relied on scientific evidence. Jeeeeez.

It is about crowd size..... if you're really stupid enough to think crowd size is an indication of anything other than....well.... the size of the crowd.

Why are you being such of a god damn stupid fuck tard?

I'm not, why are you getting all serious and venomous all over a non-partisan rally? Hell, they got the Mythbusters guy up there entertaining the crowd, problem?

This rally will be spewed all over the main stream media as some political victory for the democrats. And the sheeple will believe it.

One time I here it's not a poilitical rally and in the same discussion it's a political rally.

Yeah its not waaaaaaaaay more crowded but I would find it hard to believe there aren't more people there than at the Beck rally thats all.

This rally will be spewed all over the main stream media as some political victory for the democrats. And the sheeple will believe it.

One time I here it's not a poilitical rally and in the same discussion it's a political rally.

So you're mad because of something that may/may not happen? Man, I'd hate to be you.

It is about crowd size..... if you're really stupid enough to think crowd size is an indication of anything other than....well.... the size of the crowd.

The media will play it as a political victory.

So??? You agree with Obama that people are too stupid and will be influenced by this?

Well aren't all the crowd estimates really just opinions?

They are now. Since the shit hitting the fan about the 'Million Man March', there are no official crowd estimates given. Those stats were provided by a Professor with 20 years experience in estimating crowds. These days, any idiot can make up numbers - there is nothing reliable.... unless, like me, you actually know the guys who research crowds for academic purposes.

Relying on what an elitest, ivory tower, college "professor" says? HMMM, I thought it was all about, good old common sense. Who needs these self important "poindexters" with their fancy book learnin'?

Of course, they will.

They will overlook the fact that there are likely to be as many conservatives as liberals in that crowd. It's a fun day out.

If one does not look at the different focus of the two (or was it three... or four now?) rallies, then on the surface the media can spin it as a political victory.

However, if one looks at it with some critical thought - it doesn't stand up quite so well.

Well aren't all the crowd estimates really just opinions?

They are now. Since the shit hitting the fan about the 'Million Man March', there are no official crowd estimates given. Those stats were provided by a Professor with 20 years experience in estimating crowds. These days, any idiot can make up numbers - there is nothing reliable.... unless, like me, you actually know the guys who research crowds for academic purposes.

Relying on what an elitest, ivory tower, college "professor" says? HMMM, I thought it was all about, good old common sense. Who needs these self important "poindexters" with their fancy book learnin'?

No, it's called 'expertise'. If you haven't yet come across the word, I would encourage you to go look it up in a dictionary. Just google it.

Forum List

Back