Looking forward to the ruling from SCOTUS on a Double Jeopardy case.

While I do agree that serving time for two convictions of the same action is wrong my confidence in the competence, honesty and impartiality of the courts is lower than yours. (numerous relatives in the clerk of the court office has demonstrated to me that having family in the clerk's office can get you out of open and shut 1st degree murder cases, my deceased cousin Steve Caldwell is exhibit one on that.)

• Banned
While I do agree that serving time for two convictions of the same action is wrong my confidence in the competence, honesty and impartiality of the courts is lower than yours. (numerous relatives in the clerk of the court office has demonstrated to me that having family in the clerk's office can get you out of open and shut 1st degree murder cases, my deceased cousin Steve Caldwell is exhibit one on that.)
This ruling should be 9-0 in favor

• Banned
Oh and trust me. Having been through the system multiple times myself I know exactly how tilted it is.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Is being prosecuted under different laws being "subject to the same offense"? I tend to think that, at least in this case, the answer is yes, but I'm still a bit on the fence about it.

I don't like it but sometimes for the sake of civil liberties and to keep the judicial system in check some slime will slip through the cracks...The Constitution says you can't be tried twice for the same offense...end of story....

Last edited:
I don't like it but sometimes for the sake of civil liberties and to keep the judicial system in check some slime will slip through the cracks...The Constitution says you can't be tried twice for the same offense...end of story....

I agree and wonder just how often this happens.

Its the first case I've ever hear of.

This ruling should be 9-0 in favor
Kavanaugh is Statist scum, as is Robert's so at least 2 affirming double jeopardy

Forum List

Back