Looking For The Ingredients For The Ultimate Smoked Pork

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
If you have recipes or suggestions please post them. Attribution will not necessarily be given in the text when "Parasites of Time" is finished and put on sale on nook but I will mention any suggestions used in the Afterward. Mention if you want to be notified that you is now a pooblished source.

Smoked pork is basically One Ingredient Cooking. Buy a pork butt, put it in a prepped smoker, cook for hours until it is ready to pull apart.

All you need is the right moppin' sauce.

Sorry about the delay but the book hit a critical area that doesn't deal with this particular part of the story. Basic recipe so far.

Primarily tomatoes and mushrooms made into a juice for basting/injecting. Other ingredients include water, maple syrup and the juice of onions., garlic and bell peppers.

The rub is fairly simple. Salt and pepper are added to some of the solids left over from the juicing.

The binding agent to secure the rub to the meat is fermented agave juice, water, maple syrup and 0.005% ghost pepper jelly and 0.01% Tasmanian truffles. This is not added to the injection sauce but is 10% by volume of the final basting.

Sorry about the delay but the book hit a critical area that doesn't deal with this particular part of the story. Basic recipe so far.

Primarily tomatoes and mushrooms made into a juice for basting/injecting. Other ingredients include water, maple syrup and the juice of onions., garlic and bell peppers.

The rub is fairly simple. Salt and pepper are added to some of the solids left over from the juicing.

The binding agent to secure the rub to the meat is fermented agave juice, water, maple syrup and 0.005% ghost pepper jelly and 0.01% Tasmanian truffles. This is not added to the injection sauce but is 10% by volume of the final basting.

You can add any ingredients that you like. I always mix up my spice rubs, depending on what I'm in the mood for. You can use all kinds of spices. There are so many different spices. You should experiment with them.

The last spice rub I made had some Allspice in it, which gave it an interesting flavor. I think that garlic salt is a MUST for any spice rub.

I don't know much about using an injector. I've never used one before, but would like to try it. It must make the meat incredibly moist and juicy. :D Delicious!

I prefer garlic and salt separately but that is part of a traditional rub from where my parents were raised. I cannot say whether it is better tasting than Garlic salt or simply what was available when we visited granny.

You can add any ingredients that you like. I always mix up my spice rubs, depending on what I'm in the mood for. You can use all kinds of spices. There are so many different spices. You should experiment with them.

The last spice rub I made had some Allspice in it, which gave it an interesting flavor. I think that garlic salt is a MUST for any spice rub.

I don't know much about using an injector. I've never used one before, but would like to try it. It must make the meat incredibly moist and juicy. :D Delicious!

Injecting a smoked pork product is a total waste. The slow and low cooking ensures a moist product. Some people like to inject strong flavors, but personally, I like to taste the meat and smoke that are ture result of the cate taken cooking the product.

Personally, I rub down a butt with some mustard (yellow is fine, dijon can be a tad strong), then massage with a heavily brown sugar based rub (bark!). Rub also consists of paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, oregano, and coriander. I tend to baste with a bourbon/apple juice mix (sugar in the juice aids in bark!) two or three times throughout the smoke. Ps, butt gets mustard and a massaged rub application about 24 hours prior. Before going on the smoker, I pull the butt oUT of the fridge, re rub and let sit for about an hour before going on the heat. I'm a huge fan of collecting the drippings, defatting them, and mixing back into the pulled pork.

For ribs, same idea, minus the mustard. Then use a mustard/vinegar mop occasionally and with a light hand throughout cooking.

Don't even get me started on BBQ sauce recipes. Pretty much any fruit or veggie involved gets smoked under the protein, collecting fat and some if the falling seasoning before getting simmered with the rest of the ingredients (negating food poisoning issues as the contaminated grits and veggies are bright to proper temps through the simmer).

Forum List

Back